Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone got the mam self sterilising bottles? Don’t know if I’m giving into a gimmick here. Sticking them in the microwave for 3 mins to sterilise seems too easy to be good..
I used these with my last, loved them, sterilised them in a steriliser because I always left 6 bottles to do, but great when I only had one or 2 to shove in the microwave. I have not gone with them this time, because there’s 2 extra pieces than a normal bottle and the husband would lose his tit at extra washing up again 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think @WhatABore has these

£6 a pair is a bargain!! I have a few pairs from another brand that were about £10 a pair. I use them as back up in heavy days, as I use a cup. I tried to use them after birth but couldn’t fit in them 🤣🙈🤣
I didn’t even think about sizing for after birth, good job you said that before I went and bought size 10s (wishful thinking 😂)

Reactions: 3
I didn’t even think about sizing for after birth, good job you said that before I went and bought size 10s (wishful thinking 😂)
Before I had my first (naive 21 year old) I bought new pjs for the hospital after birth, in my PRE baby size. A size 8, when I should’ve had at least a 12 😂 I didn’t realise the bump doesn’t go straight away and thought I’d be back into my size 8s 😂 12 years later, I’m still waiting!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Anyone got the mam self sterilising bottles? Don’t know if I’m giving into a gimmick here. Sticking them in the microwave for 3 mins to sterilise seems too easy to be good..
MAM bottles are absolutely brilliant, so handy for taking away or if you’re out and need to sterilise. Especially good for hospital use if you are planning on bottle feeding as you can just ask someone to stick it in the microwave for you. They are also good for colic etc. You can take them apart as well and wash them thoroughly. We have a steriliser too as find that when you sterilise them they get SO hot and I always burn my hands (you have to put a cap full of water in them) so prefer to sterilise them like that but yes very handy.

On another note: update on partner lost his job yesterday; he has 4 job interviews lined up for when we get home from our week away 🤞🏼 He is in hospitality so I know they are crying out for people, it’s just really been a hard hard month for us as a family for many different reasons so had a slight breakdown yesterday. Really looking forward to seeing the little bean on Sunday though and thank you so much for everyone who sent love and hugs yesterday ❤ You’re all ace.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
MAM bottles are absolutely brilliant, so handy for taking away or if you’re out and need to sterilise. Especially good for hospital use if you are planning on bottle feeding as you can just ask someone to stick it in the microwave for you. They are also good for colic etc. You can take them apart as well and wash them thoroughly. We have a steriliser too as find that when you sterilise them they get SO hot and I always burn my hands (you have to put a cap full of water in them) so prefer to sterilise them like that but yes very handy.

On another note: update on partner lost his job yesterday; he has 4 job interviews lined up for when we get home from our week away 🤞🏼 He is in hospitality so I know they are crying out for people, it’s just really been a hard hard month for us as a family for many different reasons so had a slight breakdown yesterday. Really looking forward to seeing the little bean on Sunday though and thank you so much for everyone who sent love and hugs yesterday ❤ You’re all ace.
That’s great news about your oh’s interviews. Will have everything crossed for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Yay that’s brilliant news! Hopefully he gets his pick of them and ends up with something even better than the one he lost. These things sometimes happen for a good reason in hindsight! ❤ Sorry you’ve had a crap month. Cry it out, eat alllllll of the chocolate or McDonald’s and remember next week is a new week. Enjoy your scan on Sunday xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I've used them. They're great. So much easier.
It works the same as a steriliser. You put water in the bottom and then in the microwave, and the steam sterilises them.
You can sterilise up to 6 at a time 😊

Reactions: 3
Re Mam bottles - they are great for the sterilisation method but don’t stand them in a jug of water to warm them, water can seep in. Absolutely heart breaking when it’s expressed milk that’s taken you hours to get😩

The period pants - I think they’d be great to help any leaks but probably you’d still need a pad for the first few weeks as it’s not really the same as period blood in my experience, like more mucous-y and clots 🥴. I’ve not used period pants so I may be completely wrong but I’d get some pads too or even panty liners to catch the bits that don’t absorb.

Reactions: 5
Made a new thread, not sure if the title is allowed so sorry if it isn’t!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.