Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I forgot to say but I didnt go for the mima pram in the end I am having the cybex e-Priam simply flowers I am so excited about the pram 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 5
15 weeks already! Wow. How have you found things in terms of feeding routine? Any recommendations for anything that has workef for you specifically? My friend has recommended getting a glo egg for room temperature.
So we’ve got a glo egg but it’s not been plugged in for the last 2 months 😂 I think for first time parents in the first few weeks it’s really handy to know the temp of the room but now we just know if you know what I mean? Our house is pretty warm so we don’t use any blankets at the mo. Currently baby is just in his sleepsuit and he’s fine!
in terms of a feeding routine I found it so difficult at first because sometimes he’d go ages and then other times it felt like he was feeding constantly. We’re bottle feeding - not through choice. He was severely jaundiced at birth so was really sleepy and just wouldn’t latch. If I’m honest I don’t think I got great breastfeeding support in hospital (was there just under a week) and being on a busy ward for 5 nights nearly killed me and I felt pretty much forced to use the bottle if I wanted to get discharged. It still bothers me weirdly, not all the time but it’s just not how I envisioned feeding my baby. If I know now what I knew then I would have 100000% persevered with it but oh well! He’s super happy so I can’t moan.
We had a few issues with silent reflux too so I changed his milk from cow and gate to kendamil which is so much better. Kendamil is the only British made formula. We also took him to a cranial osteopath which I highly recommend if anyone can do it. I had a very quick birth which can sometimes be a bit traumatic for babies (I didn’t realise this) and I have no idea what the osteopath did but it’s definitely worked! Sorry I’ve just completely rambled on here 😂 but feeding is great now he’s a bit older, he’s a lot more predictable so I tend to feed him before he goes crazy whereas I found with him as a newborn he’d literally go from 0-100 without any warning haha

• Heart
Reactions: 10
For things like this it’s worth having a look on Facebook market place. I got a gro egg for £5 and an Angel care bath support for £10, both in practically new condition!
LOVE facebook marketplace! Got a new next2me for £40!

Reactions: 5
Top tip coming up 😂
I bought some nighties to wear for bed, the material is sort of slippery/glossy which I’d normally hate but omg, making it so much easier to turn over in the night. I just slide around haha x

• Haha
Reactions: 18
So not only did I have McDonald’s for dinner last night but my (very hungover) partner just ordered McDonald’s breakfast! I’d already eaten but still had a hash brown and orange juice 🙈 Promising myself I’m going to be healthier from next week haha

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have my anomaly scan tomorrow and I’m an actual ball of nerves 🙈🙈
Such a scary name 🙈🙈🙈

• Heart
So was awoken at 3am with cramping, back pain and sore stomach and I was like oooooh this is it
And then it stopped after an hour
God dammet

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m having a day where I feel really overwhelmed with everything. I feel exhausted and sick. I was going to do a shorter day at work but my workload means I won’t be able to.

I’m starting to doubt whether I can do this. I’m only 6w 3 days.

• Heart
I’m having a day where I feel really overwhelmed with everything. I feel exhausted and sick. I was going to do a shorter day at work but my workload means I won’t be able to.

You can do it. The first trimester is HARD. I mean, all of pregnancy is, but I think the bone aching exhaustion of the first tri is just the worst tiredness ever. It will pass, and you can make it through x

Reactions: 4

Try and push through it lovely, first trimester hormones can make you feel/think all kinds of things. Actually pregnancy in general can make you feel like you’ve lost your marbles but it does get easier I promise. Somewhere along the line the weight just lifts ❤ Go easy on yourself xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you, I’ve got an autoimmune disease which effects my spine and causes extreme fatigue and I just didn’t realise how much extra pressure and tiredness I’d have.

Our early scan is on Sunday so that might help x

• Heart
  • Sad

Make sure you look after yourself, I know work seems important right now but your health and baby's is 100 times more important. I have even posted about being worried about work while being on maternity so I really understand the work stress!

I had never felt tiredness like I did in the first trimester, sometimes you just have to give in and have a nap for an hour then pull it back at a different time. I don't know how flexible your work is or if you have a manager/HR that you can talk to?

I've literally just come back from a nap as I could not work and was feeling worse for being awake luckily I am WFH today.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I had my 25 week midwife appointment today, and I was told I have low PAPP A levels. They said they sent a letter informing me in APRIL but I never received it!! Any of you ladies been told the same thing? The midwife said not to worry as it can be quite common nowadays!

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I’ve got my scan on Thursday and think the scanxiety is starting to kick in 🙈🙈 the worst it’s also not until 1.40! Feel like the day is going to drag!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I had my 25 week midwife appointment today, and I was told I have low PAPP A levels. They said they sent a letter informing me in APRIL but I never received it!! Any of you ladies been told the same thing? The midwife said not to worry as it can be quite common nowadays!
Yep I have this - mine was picked up after the 12 week blood test so very frustrating that you should have been told about it already! From what I’ve learnt some trusts don’t test for it. Have they told you if your treatment will be changing at all? I am having two extra growth scans (currently waiting for the first one now!) and have been prescribed aspirin - mine was not super low though - just under 0.4 if I remember correctly. There are some good NHS info leaflets around if you google it!

I’ve got my scan on Thursday and think the scanxiety is starting to kick in 🙈🙈 the worst it’s also not until 1.40! Feel like the day is going to drag!!!
Ah that’s annoying try and and keep yourself busy (easier said than done). My 20 week scan next week is booked at 4pm 😩 also annoyed as that means I only get like an hour off work 😂

Reactions: 1
Yep I have this - mine was picked up after the 12 week blood test so very frustrating that you should have been told about it already! From what I’ve learnt some trusts don’t test for it. Have they told you if your treatment will be changing at all? I am having two extra growth scans (currently waiting for the first one now!) and have been prescribed aspirin - mine was not super low though - just under 0.4 if I remember correctly. There are some good NHS info leaflets around if you google it!
Apparently a letter was sent but I didn't get it and no one decided to mention it until now!! I have a consultant appointment booked and two growth scans, but nothing was mentioned about aspirin!! I will drop them a message and ask about that then. I don't even know the exact figure I'm low by as they have now only just resent the letter! I was worried at first especially after googling it for the first time, but the more I've read the more it seems like it usually works out fine in the end!

Ah that’s annoying try and and keep yourself busy (easier said than done). My 20 week scan next week is booked at 4pm 😩 also annoyed as that means I only get like an hour off work 😂
I won’t lie I take three hours paid leave even if it’s just a ten min Appointment up the road. I work with all men non of them have children so they don’t really know the process. Then I go shopping or to McDonald’s. Am I terrible person 😂🤦🏽‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I won’t lie I take three hours paid leave even if it’s just a ten min Appointment up the road. I work with all men non of them have children so they don’t really know the process. Then I go shopping or to McDonald’s. Am I terrible person 😂🤦🏽‍♀️
😭😭😭 im so jealous!!! I’ve been told I have to take leave as a) There’s too many pregnant people on my unit and b) I decided to have my baby at the hospital rather than the one I work at!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.