Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ive been trying to get my hr dept to confirm this for me for a couple of weeks. Still waiting..
Mine are complete opposite they keep hassling me Every week to ask if I have decided on a date for my leave to start 🙄. The more they hassle me the longer it’s going to take me to decide 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 3
McDonald’s chips are my hangover saviour so they kind of make me feel funny any other time! I’m also not a big burger fan (never ever had a Big Mac!) and I can’t handle dairy much these days so milkshakes and McFlurries make me sick…. BUT all of this McDonald’s chat is making me really hungry and craving some chips and sweet chilli sauce and maaaaybe a cheeky little cheeseburger! I’m off to Tesco soon to hunt out some new ice lollies, having one a day minimum at the minute and they’re all I can think about. X

Reactions: 5
Does anyone know what happens if we decide not go to back to our current job after maternity leave? Do we need to pay anything back for mat pay?
Usually depends on the company and the maternity policy. If it’s statutory pay only then I don’t think you need to pay it back if you decide not to go back to work, but if your company offers enhanced pay they may well expect you back for x amount of time - I get 6 months full pay and have to go back for 1 month or will need to repay it. If you had a HR pack/contract etc when you joined, or if there’s some kind of company intranet, it might be in there somewhere!

Mine’s always been allowed, you’ll need to check with the hospital where you live for their policies x

You’ve all just made me order a macdonalds for lunch! Shame on you 🤣🤣🤣
i am most jealous sat here eating a ham salad

I wish I could box the MCD’s smell sometimes there’s nothing like it 💖😂

Argh. My unit is full of covid / covid contact patients. I can’t avoid them. Work say it doesn’t matter because I’m not 28 weeks yet and to just crack on as normal 😭😭

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
All this talk of McDonald’s 😂 My partner has gone out to watch the football and won’t be home til late, I’ve got clients until 7.30pm but I’ve decided I’m going to treat myself to mcds for dinner!

Argh. My unit is full of covid / covid contact patients. I can’t avoid them. Work say it doesn’t matter because I’m not 28 weeks yet and to just crack on as normal 😭😭
That doesn’t sound right! Do you have a union or something similar you can speak to?

@Jellybb Estée Lauder double wear foundation always been a big win for me in covering acne. Stays put on your face all day as well it’s good stuff.

• Heart
Does anyone know what happens if we decide not go to back to our current job after maternity leave? Do we need to pay anything back for mat pay?
I think you need to return for 3 months. That’s how it is in the NHS!

I am fuming; caught a lady in Asda sticking anti vaccine and covid is fake on medication shelves and all over the pharmacy display about covid vaccine. I told security but she has free speech apparently!

@Jellybb Estée Lauder double wear foundation always been a big win for me in covering acne. Stays put on your face all day as well it’s good stuff.
agreed, I swear by this. Also I swear by KVD beauty lock it foundation and maybelline dream Matt mousse!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
For me I have to agree to go back for 3 months to get a certain amount of pay when I’m off. If I change my mind and don’t go back I’ll be expected to pay it back. This is something you need to ask your HR dept about though as each company can be different and offer different policies. They should give you a breakdown of what you’re entitled to based on how long you’ve worked there etc.

Reactions: 1
Depends on your work, mine is really minimal maternity pay but then they give you an extra months wage when you go back - but you then have to stay there 22 weeks afterwards! I’m really hoping to not go back but annoying that my maternity pay is so tit 🤣

p.s good shout on whoever suggested the gender poll!

I don’t know if it’s been shared but 50% off Uber on a £15 spend code MEALGOALS
Today only and works for McDonald’s

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.