Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have recommendations for nice bath bits?

I’m normally more of a shower person but am loving baths since being pregnant. Seeing as there’s football on tonight (AGAIN) I was going to pop out at lunch to buy some bubble bath/face mask etc to give myself a pamper evening!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Why why WHY did I think working up to 38 weeks was a good idea 😭
10 more days of 4.30am starts. Also SO much pressure in my pelvis and feet in my ribs so that's also fun 🤣
Hope everyone's having a better day than me 🙃

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7

I’m normally more of a shower person but am loving baths since being pregnant. Seeing as there’s football on tonight (AGAIN) I was going to pop out at lunch to buy some bubble bath/face mask etc to give myself a pamper evening!
If your going to boots they have a range called my little coco. There’s a baby mama gift set that includes a bath soak, tummy butter and a sheet mask for your bump. I got one the other day and it’s lovely, comes in a cute make uo bag too.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi everyone, 31 weeks today and mostly doing fine except the pregnancy insomnia hit last week and it’s been unreal. Getting 4 or 5 hours a night and just wake up about 4:30 and am just wide awake. Every single night. So glad I’m not at work now cause I wouldn’t be functioning. Biggest issue is my mood has been quite low from just being so tired. Any advice on this would be good? Hopefully just a little phase.
I completely agree with everything @LilyRose1234 said, great advice :)

I had exactly the same thing from around 30 weeks and mentioned it to my midwife, she said it’s really common in the third trimester and just one of the lovely things we have to deal with amongst everything else! I actually found insomnia one of the hardest things to cope with because of the knock on effect that it has on everything else and spent a good few weeks feeling so emotional and just wanting to cry all the time. Definitely make the most of not being at work and have a nap in the day if you can. It also improved for me from around 35 weeks and I’ve been sleeping a lot better apart from the odd night, hopefully it will get better for you too😘

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I am not sure if this will make you feel any better but the person who is meant to be covering me hasn’t formerly accepted yet so not even trained her abs I will be off at the end of aug I also have two weeks holiday so really she has 5 weeks now to learn if she starts next week! I would not let it get to you none of this can be helped x

I also bought this I know it’s a bit frilly but I am living for it! https://www.next.co.uk/style/st5311...3ZMwj2EAQYASABEgLZHvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#844900
Yes I’m only 18 weeks and already worrying about the handover. Their trying to hire someone’s else but aren’t having any luck finding anyone good yet, I’ve started doing really simple step by step documents the kind of things that would be easy to follow so they wouldn’t need to call me while I’m on mat leave. is this something you can do?

So glad you had a great birth. People keep telling me horror stories at the moment so happy to know it’s possible! ❤
I understand what you mean - I go on maternity leave at the start of September and I have a full team of people that will need to be redeployed to other managers/work streams. Every time my manager mentions it he says we’ll get round to sorting it out eventually, we’ve got loads of time. I know we still have months but it means my team members are constantly asking me what’s going to happen, are they going to be split up, who’s going to manage them etc… would be easier to just get it all sorted so I don’t get questioned all the time!

My only advice is that you can only do what you can do. So as long as you’ve put together what you need to handover, used the time you’ve got to do that, then really there’s not much else you can do. I’ve known people to go off with the absolute bare minimum handover - not even enough time spent for the person taking over to understand what they need to be doing - so as long as you’re covering your back essentially, you’ve done what you need to do.

Plus work seems like a big thing now but once mat leave starts, as you say it’ll be the last thing you‘ll be thinking about! X

That is so cute!

Thanks Ladies, it does help to hear other people are having the same issues (sorry) but my work seem so blasé and I'm like "Come on people, you only have til September!!"

Good plan with the writing it all down, I have my notes I'll just have to make sure they're up to date.

Confirmed my chosen one has to isolate for 10 days so will approach one of the juniors to train for month end, makes sense really.

Can not wait to just have to worry about babs and leave the stresses of work for a while.

Hope you all get your bits sorted too :) ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
If your going to boots they have a range called my little coco. There’s a baby mama gift set that includes a bath soak, tummy butter and a sheet mask for your bump. I got one the other day and it’s lovely, comes in a cute make uo bag too.
I love the My Little Coco stuff too! The bump mask and bath soak is amazing 🥰

I second this! Boots foot soak sock thingys are lovely too! I wasn’t expecting much but I don’t have crusty heels any more 💃

Attachments

Reactions: 3

Are baths OK? I know jacuzzis and hot tubs aren't but I'm not sure I see the difference? Unless you just make sure it's a much lower temperature.

Are baths OK? I know jacuzzis and hot tubs aren't but I'm not sure I see the difference? Unless you just make sure it's a much lower temperature.
Less bacteria able to form in a bath as its not kept at a bacteria loving temp constantly!
Just have to make sure its not roasting hot so you don't faint though.

Reactions: 6
Less bacteria able to form in a bath as its not kept at a bacteria loving temp constantly!
Just have to make sure its not roasting hot so you don't faint though.
Had anyone here fainted during pregnancy? We went away for the weekend and I felt dizzy on and off all weekend and then in a restaurant we were stood up waiting for a table and I had to suddenly sit down just as my vision started going and the waitress had to run and get me a glass of water! Felt so embarrassed but don’t know if it’s an indicator of anything bad or normal at this stage? I’m 18 weeks?! 🤷🏻‍♀️

In good news though I just felt what must have been 3 little kicks for the first time! I’d been feeling bubbles the past week but wasn’t 100% sure it was him, this time it felt more definite 🥺😍

I brought a bath thermometer as I used to love a scalding bath pre pregnancy now I have it much cooler. Also will be handy for when babies are here ☺

Had anyone here fainted during pregnancy? We went away for the weekend and I felt dizzy on and off all weekend and then in a restaurant we were stood up waiting for a table and I had to suddenly sit down just as my vision started going and the waitress had to run and get me a glass of water! Felt so embarrassed but don’t know if it’s an indicator of anything bad or normal at this stage? I’m 18 weeks?! 🤷🏻‍♀️

In good news though I just felt what must have been 3 little kicks for the first time! I’d been feeling bubbles the past week but wasn’t 100% sure it was him, this time it felt more definite 🥺😍
Please mention it to your midwife. I had a few episodes of this in my second pregnancy, and they said if it happened again to ring them so I could be assessed. All was fine, but just mention it to them so they can keep an eye on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Not fainted but very dizzy, turns out it was low iron. Have you had yours checked yet?

Just had my BFP since miscarriage in January. I am terrified and hoping this works out. Only about 4 weeks so very early days but trying to stay positive ❤
E2AE7A46-0BA3-4294-80AE-AFF77865BBAC.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 32
So glad you had a great birth. People keep telling me horror stories at the moment so happy to know it’s possible! ❤

I’m the same; it really wound me up when people told me horror stories right before I was due! I loved my birth, I think even if I had a terrible time I’d resist from telling someone that was due to give birth as it really doesn’t help the situation 😆

I loved bath bombs from lush when I was wanting a pamper

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Not fainted but very dizzy, turns out it was low iron. Have you had yours checked yet?

Please mention it to your midwife. I had a few episodes of this in my second pregnancy, and they said if it happened again to ring them so I could be assessed. All was fine, but just mention it to them so they can keep an eye on it.

When I was 8 weeks I had a blood test and iron levels were okay then but I guess it can easily change?! I’ve been taking my pregnancy vitamins but I don’t eat much meat or spinach! Just scary that my vision completely went for a while! I’ll drop my midwife a text just in case, thanks both 🙏🏼❤

• Heart
When I was 8 weeks I had a blood test and iron levels were okay then but I guess it can easily change?! I’ve been taking my pregnancy vitamins but I don’t eat much meat or spinach! Just scary that my vision completely went for a while! I’ll drop my midwife a text just in case, thanks both 🙏🏼❤
Yeah defo do, mine were fine at my booking then dropped massively by my 26 week appt!

Mcdonalds not having chicken selects (the one thing I have craved throughout) I'm taking as a hate crime at this point 😂😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Dried apricots are a good source of iron, so are chickpeas (so hummus as well) if you eat those. And a lot of cereals have it added as well in case you can’t stomach/don’t like other stuff. I find iron hard to get in as I’m not much of a meat eater, so lots of types of beans instead.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.