Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been having major cravings for certain foods, nothing interesting or weird. The last few days I've just been fixated on having Ragu and pasta or meatballs and pasta so I made some Ragu last night and tasted so good when I was eating it but then all I've smelt and tasted from last night is beef, like the smell of the mince out of the packaging and it's just lingering and I can taste it 🤢. What's my body doing to me, it asked for it! 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I've been having major cravings for certain foods, nothing interesting or weird. The last few days I've just been fixated on having Ragu and pasta or meatballs and pasta so I made some Ragu last night and tasted so good when I was eating it but then all I've smelt and tasted from last night is beef, like the smell of the mince out of the packaging and it's just lingering and I can taste it 🤢. What's my body doing to me, it asked for it! 😂
Hahaha smells still make me feel sick and stay with me for ages. I’ve spent all day fantasising about branston pickle for some reason and my partners just brought some home wahhoo what is wrong with me 😂 I don’t understand my cravings at all it’s never anything nutritious last week all I wanted was a plain McDonald’s hamburger.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Something similar happened to me 🤣 I cannot even look at spag Bol/meatballs now 🤮 I’m obsessed with the fizzy haribo and solero ice creams 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yes! I can't walk up stairs without toppling forward 😂 A paitent actually said to me today sorry love but your belly is leaning on me as I tried to adjust his O2, I didn't realise I was bent that far forward I just kept going surprised didn't land on him😂.

Hope your knees are OK! X
Thank you! Yes they’ll be ok, it’s more hurt pride than anything 😅

• Heart
I've just been looking at the boots website (there's a 1/3 off some baby stuff FYI) but don't these sound like the absolute DREAM?! They go cold and you wear them in your knickers for 20 minutes max for instant relief. £9 for 5 tho, I'm sure you could DIY something similar?? 🤔
Screenshot_20210628-200910.png

I do this but in the middle of eating! Suddenly a ham sandwich turns my stomach and need to throw it immediately 🤢

• Sick
  • Sad
I've just been looking at the boots website (there's a 1/3 off some baby stuff FYI) but don't these sound like the absolute DREAM?! They go cold and you wear them in your knickers for 20 minutes max for instant relief. £9 for 5 tho, I'm sure you could DIY something similar?? 🤔View attachment 638901
I saw these earlier and was wondering the same! My friend recommended these always ones, she said they were good even with heavy bleeding and she didn’t have to worry about leaking. Might still give those cooling ones a try though. They have maternity bed pads too which I hadn’t thought about but are probably a good idea!

Also they have the my little coco mama to be set that a few people mentioned reduced to £10 too. Evidently I spent too much time browsing online this afternoon instead of working 😂

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Oh I'm so glad you've been through it too, not that I want you to have been just that it's normal 😅. My bf doesn't understand. The saucepan was in the sink to wash up this morning and I just couldn't go in there till he dealt with it. A few week ago I just wanted fruit like grapes and nectarines something sharp but then recently I just want carbs! Not had sweets yet or Branston pickle 😂😂

I saw these earlier and was wondering the same! My friend recommended these always ones, she said they were good even with heavy bleeding and she didn’t have to worry about leaking. Might still give those cooling ones a try though. They have maternity bed pads too which I hadn’t thought about but are probably a good idea!

Also they have the my little coco mama to be set that a few people mentioned reduced to £10 too. Evidently I spent too much time browsing online this afternoon instead of working 😂
Haha I looked at the little Coco set too. It's in my basket along with an extra bump sheet mask but I'm umming and ahhing as my basket is up to £50 🙈
The only thing I'll say from experience with bed mats is that as soon as you turn in bed, they move/bunch up and also they can feel quite sweaty underneath you.

Apparently if you soak maternity pads in witch hazel and put in freeezer for half an hour it’s a dream!

I’m feeling reassured after an appointment with my doctor today - she said 50% of her cases are c-sections (35% on NHS) of which only maybe 1 in 5 is an emergency (25% elective on NHS, 10% emergency). And she said in only very rare cases are they crashing through doors / panic stations emergencies, she prides herself on being good at spotting signs and keeping things nice and calm when she can tell things are headed that way. I said I wasn’t particularly set on any type of birth and am kind of go with the flow and she said she usually advises people to spend as much time thinking about ways to make their plan B / less preferred alternatives nicer. So for example if you really don’t want a c-section, you should still spend some time thinking about ways that would make that a better experience for you so that if you don’t get the birth you want, you’re not necessarily left feeling totally disappointed as there are still some aspects that went how you wanted. I thought it was an interesting approach to consider and I’ll definitely give it some thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
WTF is wrong with people....my work colleague told me today I didn’t look pregnant, just fat 😢

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
WTF is wrong with people....my work colleague told me today I didn’t look pregnant, just fat 😢
Disgusting witch. I really think I’m going to start replying ‘worry about your own belly’ to the people who mention my bump in a negative way

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Disgusting witch. I really think I’m going to start replying ‘worry about your own belly’ to the people who mention my bump in a negative way
I was actually shocked, she’s a mum of 2 and someone I would have classed as being friendly with. I think it was the day of people being knobs. My step dad who is over weight asked did I want to start borrowing his T-shirt’s. I snapped and said last time I checked I’m still in my normal clothes & I’m 6 months pregnant what’s your excuse??

Reactions: 7
I was actually shocked, she’s a mum of 2 and someone I would have classed as being friendly with. I think it was the day of people being knobs. My step dad who is over weight asked did I want to start borrowing his T-shirt’s. I snapped and said last time I checked I’m still in my normal clothes & I’m 6 months pregnant what’s your excuse??

People are just morons, it’s like they have to say something! I find it really uncomfortable that as soon as you see someone, they make it very clear they’re checking out your size and shape. Really dislike it and I am barely showing so I know it’s not going to get better as I get bigger.
My Nan said to me the other day “you look really well”… I was about to say thanks when she finished with “a lot better than you have done in a year or so. I’ve been telling everyone that!”. Err, thanks.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
There’s no clap symbol for posts! Well done! People and their funny jokes
When someone at work asked me last week about the baby and I said she’s measuring so big she’s on track to be 10lb they laughed and said ‘xmas turkey!’
I’m due in 3rd Sept 🧐

• Wow
There’s no clap symbol for posts! Well done! People and their funny jokes
When someone at work asked me last week about the baby and I said she’s measuring so big she’s on track to be 10lb they laughed and said ‘xmas turkey!’
I’m due in 3rd Sept 🧐
My dad has said I looked big and I told him he’s looked pregnant since I was about 15 🤣 what centile is she on just interested as you are the closest to me on due date x

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.