Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone, 31 weeks today and mostly doing fine except the pregnancy insomnia hit last week and it’s been unreal. Getting 4 or 5 hours a night and just wake up about 4:30 and am just wide awake. Every single night. So glad I’m not at work now cause I wouldn’t be functioning. Biggest issue is my mood has been quite low from just being so tired. Any advice on this would be good? Hopefully just a little phase.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My baby is 2 months old. Great birth and a really good girl (slept through the night mostly from
The beginning)

I keep thinking about having another baby. I really want one. I told some friends yesterday who thought I was crazy.

Not on any contraception so just gonna see what happens 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
My baby is 2 months old. Great birth and a really good girl (slept through the night mostly from
The beginning)

I keep thinking about having another baby. I really want one. I told some friends yesterday who thought I was crazy.

My friend also said this really soon after birth like a month my only advice is if that is really what you want go for it but she has now decided to wait as she thinks it was her hormones so maybe wait a little longer. If you had a good pregnancy and birth then just see what happens I have really bad spd so for me it is not something I would do again so soon however i know lots of women do x how did you get her to sleep through the night btw x

Reactions: 7
My daughter slept through the night initially too. Then she hit the four month sleep regression and woke hourly every single night until she was a year old. She’s now two and still isn’t much of a sleeper 😬😂

• Haha
I don’t mean this to be rude, but I dislike the idea that a baby sleeping through the night is a ‘good baby’ some people do get lucky, but overall they’re made to wake up, it’s what babies do. Just when I was a first time mum people would ask about this and I felt like such a failure, there’s a lot of first time mums here and I’d hate them to get that idea. My first randomly slept through the night at 8 months and had been a fantastic sleeper ever since, even that just happened when she was ready, and I feel lucky it happened that early!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The beginning)

i think they advise waiting 6-12months to let your body settle post birth as I think there is a higher chance of complications so soon but I could be wrong - deffo worth speaking to GP or health visitor though.

8Weeks PP is still quite early and everything is settling down - your organs moving, hormones, finally getting into the swing of thing etc - however the choice is yours.
Also it’s worth just thinking about things like 2 under 2, and thinking about the harsh realities of it (not to scare you, but to think it through properly) everyone has a preference with age gaps etc. As I said, the choice is yours 💖

I don’t mean this to be rude, but I dislike the idea that a baby sleeping through the night is a ‘good baby’ some people do get lucky, but overall they’re made to wake up, it’s what babies do. Just when I was a first time mum people would ask about this and I felt like such a failure, there’s a lot of first time mums here and I’d hate them to get that idea. My first randomly slept through the night at 8 months and had been a fantastic sleeper ever since, even that just happened when she was ready, and I feel lucky it happened that early!
i agree with this so much.

The one thing I’ve learnt with my first child was sleep is a phase. Sometimes he would sleep well, sometimes he wouldn’t, I always expected him to hit X age and then sleep through but at 3.5 now, some nights he’ll wake after a bad dream or something.
all in all he does well but i spent the first year thinking I was failing because he didn’t do what my friends kids did - and that was my biggest regret of the first year!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi everyone, 31 weeks today and mostly doing fine except the pregnancy insomnia hit last week and it’s been unreal. Getting 4 or 5 hours a night and just wake up about 4:30 and am just wide awake. Every single night. So glad I’m not at work now cause I wouldn’t be functioning. Biggest issue is my mood has been quite low from just being so tired. Any advice on this would be good? Hopefully just a little phase.
I had this at the same stage, I can’t offer too much advice other than try and rest during the day (put that maternity leave to good use!). I also resisted the temptation to go on my phone/watch TV until about 6.30/7 (the blue light apparently wakes you up more) and found that some mornings I would then drift off eventually, but the minute I went on my phone it would be game over! I found it actually went away at around 35/36 weeks and I slept surprisingly well from then. Fingers crossed it’s just a phase and you’ll be able to get back to sleeping better..

Am now officially overdue - so frustrated as they cancelled my induction (booked for 39 weeks) as they didn’t think it was necessary. Baby was 3/5 engaged at 36 weeks, had a show/backache/cramps/nausea over the weekend but still nada 😭😭😭

Reactions: 3
when people asked me if my newborn was good, I would always say “well he hasn’t robbed a bank lately!”

The beginning)

a few of my friends did this, unfortunately it wasn’t for me. As much as I knew I wanted another, I wanted time with just me and my boy and for him to have my undivided attention. My friends who did do this loved it, they got all the baby stuff out of the way quickly!

My daughter slept through the night initially too. Then she hit the four month sleep regression and woke hourly every single night until she was a year old. She’s now two and still isn’t much of a sleeper 😬😂
my son is 4 and still has a nap. No clue how he will cope at school!

Cheers lasses, sounds like it's worth asking for then. Saves me buying it for another 20ish weeks.

When are you due in @Smallpotato ?
Your workplace (well, manager) sounds like it takes the absolute harshest interpretation of all the policies that are designed to support staff satisfaction and work/life balance, it's ridiculous. Heathcare professionals shouldn't be crying before work and dragging themselves in unwell.
I wanted to say thank you for this. My trust relies a lot on “manager discretion” so it depends if people like you or not. One person at work is pregnant and she’s a manager, so she’s getting her appointments off. I’m not, I have to shift swap. On Friday I was given a violent patient so I had to insist I was moved, which didn’t go down well!

I rang in around 4am as I felt terrible.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Morning everyone!

Bit of a moan this morning, anyone getting increasing stressed by the idea of maternity leave?

I am an accounts manager and love my job, I'm supposed to be handing over most of my bits to my colleague but there has been one thing after another that i've not been able to train her. After some family bereavement she has now had a child that stayed over at the weekend that has tested positive for C!!! (totally not blaming her for any of this btw!!!) If she has to self isolate for 10 days that means there is only two months to teach her my role! I feel like I'm going mad as I don't want to come back to shambles or have to check in while on mat leave.

I am also aware once my little lady is in my arms I really won't care but right now it's really getting to me!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
That really sucks, but two months should be okay, no?
Are there other colleagues that can train and help her once you're in maternity leave?

I had a bit of a panic about how tired I am now and how a baby might make me more tired and how I'm not sure how I'll cope 😩
Also, complaining about how sick I felt made me feel like I was being ungreatful for being pregnant, but I'm really happy I eventually got pregnant, but ugh 😩 Hormones...
Good thing my partner's understanding and lovely about it ❤

• Heart
That really sucks, but two months should be okay, no?
Are there other colleagues that can train and help her once you're in maternity leave?

I had a bit of a panic about how tired I am now and how a baby might make me more tired and how I'm not sure how I'll cope 😩
Also, complaining about how sick I felt made me feel like I was being ungreatful for being pregnant, but I'm really happy I eventually got pregnant, but ugh 😩 Hormones...
Good thing my partner's understanding and lovely about it ❤
There are only juniors under her and they are taking on some of her role so already have their plates filled! The biggest job is only once a month so I will only be able to show her officially two times and it's closely audited so needs to be right.

It's unfair we're made to feel that we can't complain about pregnancy, I feel guilty too as I would say I've had a smooth ride compared to some but I am really hating the experience. Don't undermine your feelings, they're valid ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Morning everyone!

Bit of a moan this morning, anyone getting increasing stressed by the idea of maternity leave?

I am an accounts manager and love my job, I'm supposed to be handing over most of my bits to my colleague but there has been one thing after another that i've not been able to train her. After some family bereavement she has now had a child that stayed over at the weekend that has tested positive for C!!! (totally not blaming her for any of this btw!!!) If she has to self isolate for 10 days that means there is only two months to teach her my role! I feel like I'm going mad as I don't want to come back to shambles or have to check in while on mat leave.

I am also aware once my little lady is in my arms I really won't care but right now it's really getting to me!
I am not sure if this will make you feel any better but the person who is meant to be covering me hasn’t formerly accepted yet so not even trained her abs I will be off at the end of aug I also have two weeks holiday so really she has 5 weeks now to learn if she starts next week! I would not let it get to you none of this can be helped x

I also bought this I know it’s a bit frilly but I am living for it! https://www.next.co.uk/style/st5311...3ZMwj2EAQYASABEgLZHvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#844900

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Morning everyone!

Yes I’m only 18 weeks and already worrying about the handover. Their trying to hire someone’s else but aren’t having any luck finding anyone good yet, I’ve started doing really simple step by step documents the kind of things that would be easy to follow so they wouldn’t need to call me while I’m on mat leave. is this something you can do?

The beginning)

So glad you had a great birth. People keep telling me horror stories at the moment so happy to know it’s possible! ❤

Morning everyone!

I understand what you mean - I go on maternity leave at the start of September and I have a full team of people that will need to be redeployed to other managers/work streams. Every time my manager mentions it he says we’ll get round to sorting it out eventually, we’ve got loads of time. I know we still have months but it means my team members are constantly asking me what’s going to happen, are they going to be split up, who’s going to manage them etc… would be easier to just get it all sorted so I don’t get questioned all the time!

My only advice is that you can only do what you can do. So as long as you’ve put together what you need to handover, used the time you’ve got to do that, then really there’s not much else you can do. I’ve known people to go off with the absolute bare minimum handover - not even enough time spent for the person taking over to understand what they need to be doing - so as long as you’re covering your back essentially, you’ve done what you need to do.

Plus work seems like a big thing now but once mat leave starts, as you say it’ll be the last thing you‘ll be thinking about! X

I also bought this I know it’s a bit frilly but I am living for it! https://www.next.co.uk/style/st5311...3ZMwj2EAQYASABEgLZHvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#844900
That is so cute!

I got pregnant first cycle after a year or so of umm’ing and ahhh’ing about having another so I feel awful for complaining but oh dear god this heartburn especially would make a saint swear!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I got pregnant first cycle after a year or so of umm’ing and ahhh’ing about having another so I feel awful for complaining but oh dear god this heartburn especially would make a saint swear!!!
How far are you? My heart burn is awful I heave bile up regularly ☹

my son is 4 and still has a nap. No clue how he will cope at school!
You have no idea how jealous I am. My daughter stopped at 18 months. Hope you’re feeling better soon

So glad you had a great birth. People keep telling me horror stories at the moment so happy to know it’s possible! ❤
I would happily give birth over and over again, I had a good experience, including an induction. I think people seem to enjoy telling horror stories, but if you have a good birth it’s sort of frowned upon to share it as people think you’re ‘showing off’.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.