Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello, hope everyone is doing okay!
I have my 16w midwife appointment tomorrow. Is there any questions or anything I need to ask/think about? I don’t have a clue what to ask so I don’t want to waste the appointment 😂 thank you ☺

Reactions: 2
Good luck!

So i tried a weekend off my anti-nausea medication again. Aaaaannnd I puked 😩 For the first time this pregnancy though, so I guess I've got that going for me 🤷‍♀️😩
And I'm 22+2 already, when does this nausea stop?
For some people it just doesn’t, unfortunately. My third baby I was sick until 28 weeks, 4th I was sick the morning of my c section, it just never stopped.

I’m 34 weeks and still need the medication to get through the day without feeling dreadful. It’s a pain but at least it keeps the nausea manageable. I don’t intend to stop taking it until after I’ve had my baby
I know we’ve spoken about the sickness and meds before, but just to say as soon as my baby was out my nausea stopped straight away. I was really worried it would hang round for even a few days, but it was gone, and I was almost as delighted about that as having the baby. And I promise you will spend about three weeks (at least!) going “I don’t feel sick, it feels amazing!”

• Heart
My due date is tomorrow and feel abit emotional and anxious. Abit worried about labour but also full of excitement and anticipation as to when he will decide to come into the world. I'm finding these last few weeks the hardest. Xxx
Aww wow how amazing on the due date and I can imagine it makes you feel anxious but wow imagine what he will be like when he arrives 💙

I’ve bought some lovely clothes now and frilly socks and even a baby grow with a tutu attached and I love all the next baby girl baby grows and if anyone is into the white company they have a upto 40% off sale on baby things I saw it today in selfridges 😆 x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My due date is tomorrow and feel abit emotional and anxious. Abit worried about labour but also full of excitement and anticipation as to when he will decide to come into the world. I'm finding these last few weeks the hardest. Xxx
I can’t believe your due date is here! Will be thinking of you over the next few days ❤

• Heart
I have my 16w midwife appointment tomorrow. Is there any questions or anything I need to ask/think about? I don’t have a clue what to ask so I don’t want to waste the appointment 😂 thank you ☺
I’ve always found my midwife appointments really quick and always forget to ask any proper questions!

I guess only if there’s anything you do want to know more about at that stage? I think if I remember rightly I mentioned the fact I had suddenly got really bad acne, and had been having nosebleeds (both things the midwife put down to hormones). They take a urine sample and your blood pressure and I think it was at that appointment that they listened to baby’s heartbeat for the first time. Thought I’d mention the urine sample though as I didn’t know and had literally just been before they asked for one, so had to hang around for an extra half an hour waiting to need a wee 😂

• Heart
I am having a full on breakdown about how I’m going to cope with 3 under 4. My littles have been so so unwell this weekend and even being with my mum/family being around (we’ve been at my nans all weekend) it has been actually a bit much 😭 I just don’t know how the logistics of it all are going to work. My heart is having horrible pangs about it all. It’s such a much wanted baby and I absolutely adore the age gap between my boys and want the same with this baby but my god 😭 talked myself into a right state. Doesn’t help my partner has been at work pretty much 14 hours a day for the past 6 days and won’t be off until Thursday (aware I am in a much better position than some!) Please someone tell me it’ll be okay 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am having a full on breakdown about how I’m going to cope with 3 under 4. My littles have been so so unwell this weekend and even being with my mum/family being around (we’ve been at my nans all weekend) it has been actually a bit much 😭 I just don’t know how the logistics of it all are going to work. My heart is having horrible pangs about it all. It’s such a much wanted baby and I absolutely adore the age gap between my boys and want the same with this baby but my god 😭 talked myself into a right state. Doesn’t help my partner has been at work pretty much 14 hours a day for the past 6 days and won’t be off until Thursday (aware I am in a much better position than some!) Please someone tell me it’ll be okay 😫
You will be ok!! It sounds like it will be hard but it will be sooooooo worth it 😊😊 you can do this mama 💪🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Haven’t caught up on the whole thread but just noticed your post, my baby was 3/5 engaged about 2 days before he was born! Fingers crossed for you x
Oh that's both a frightening and exciting thought 😂 good thing my hospital bag is packed

I just had mine last week. I asked about my iron levels from the last blood tests because I’d been tired. I had my whooping cough jab at the appointment and listened to baby’s heart beat so brought something to record it on for my partner. I asked if there was any new info for pregnant women on the COVID vaccine but that was about it. Totally forgot my urine sample again 🤦🏽‍♀️. Have a think before you go my mind goes blank when I’m in. Hope all goes well ❤

• Heart
Sending lots of hugs!! 🤗

• Heart
you will NAIL it. I can’t imagine going from 1-2 and I feel overwhelmed but we are mums, we just get on and somehow it gets done! I promise you’ll make it work❤

Has anyone managed to be prescribed Gaviscon type stuff recently? I'm drinking it like a fish (well, I've switched to own brand now) and it never crossed my mind as you can buy it in shops, but quite a few people have said they were issued it free while pregnant.
Is it something I just mention when I see my midwife? Won't bother if I have to make a GP appt.

Has anyone managed to be prescribed Gaviscon type stuff recently? I'm drinking it like a fish (well, I've switched to own brand now) and it never crossed my mind as you can buy it in shops, but quite a few people have said they were issued it free while pregnant.
Is it something I just mention when I see my midwife? Won't bother if I have to make a GP appt.
I was prescribed it by my GP. I just did an online consultation and they sent it to the pharmacy for me without even having to speak to them! Hopefully your doctors can do the same :)

Yes I have it prescribed alongside omeprazole. Worth saving yourself the £14 a bottle!

my midwife popped it on prescription for me in my 3rd trimester.

Ive spent all night crying. I’ve got really bad stomach ache, I keep vomiting & I just feel so poorly. I want to call in sick but I can’t as I’ve only just gone back to work after 2 weeks off. I feel so lonely.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Cheers lasses, sounds like it's worth asking for then. Saves me buying it for another 20ish weeks.

When are you due in @Smallpotato ?
Your workplace (well, manager) sounds like it takes the absolute harshest interpretation of all the policies that are designed to support staff satisfaction and work/life balance, it's ridiculous. Heathcare professionals shouldn't be crying before work and dragging themselves in unwell.

• Heart
I’m 12 weeks tomorrow and I feel rough. It’s hard as I have a 4 year old too, and my anaemia is kicking my butt. I’m exhausted all the time and this last 12 months has made me so anxious.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi everyone. Totally new here but been ttc for 3plus months now for baby number 3. I have felt rough last few days but not expecting period until 4 days away but my friend said do a early test… I did yesterday and today and both positive. I’ve told my husband and mum and kids in excitement but now im worrying might be wrong and period could come. Has anyone ever been through this? Thanks sorry for the ramble x

Hi everyone. Totally new here but been ttc for 3plus months now for baby number 3. I have felt rough last few days but not expecting period until 4 days away but my friend said do a early test… I did yesterday and today and both positive. I’ve told my husband and mum and kids in excitement but now im worrying might be wrong and period could come. Has anyone ever been through this? Thanks sorry for the ramble x
I tested 3/4 days early, did two digitals but the none digital were showing negative. Now 10 weeks pregnant x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I tested 3/4 days early, did two digitals but the none digital were showing negative. Now 10 weeks pregnant x
Thanks I did two early non digital ones and both positive. I then went to do the digital one but must’ve done it wrong as it came up error 🤦‍♀️ X

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.