Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My dad has said I looked big and I told him he’s looked pregnant since I was about 15 🤣 what centile is she on just interested as you are the closest to me on due date x
New one, my mum just texted me to say my god mother who’s in her 80s just asked of me and my partner were married, her husband was uber dodgy back in the day, she wore fur coats, never worked etc… I said ‘tell her I said no my love he works an honest job so we can’t afford it right now’ 🤣 bore off!

I have no idea what percentiles even mean! I just looked at my book and it says ‘above 90 centile on growth chart’. What does that mean?

Reactions: 4
I have no idea what percentiles even mean! I just looked at my book and it says ‘above 90 centile on growth chart’. What does that mean?
it’s like a bell curve if you remember much of gcse maths 😂 so if you had 100 people just like you, the 50th centile would be the baby bang in the middle and totally average. 90th centile means in the top 10% of heaviest babies. Take it with a pinch of salt though, growth charts are only really designed to find small babies and not so good at finding big babies 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’ve just woken from a three hour nap. It wasn’t even on purpose, I fell asleep accidentally while waiting for my toddler to go to sleep. I feel like I’m now going to be awake for hours 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️😭

Reactions: 2
it’s like a bell curve if you remember much of gcse maths 😂 so if you had 100 people just like you, the 50th centile would be the baby bang in the middle and totally average. 90th centile means in the top 10% of heaviest babies. Take it with a pinch of salt though, growth charts are only really designed to find small babies and not so good at finding big babies 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’ve just woken from a three hour nap. It wasn’t even on purpose, I fell asleep accidentally while waiting for my toddler to go to sleep. I feel like I’m now going to be awake for hours 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️😭
No memory of bell curves 🤣
Ok, Jesus… can’t wait to see how accurate this has all been!

I fell asleep at 4 for an hour too as my tummy hurt so much today, will be trawling through all kind of threads to entertain myself!

Ive missed all of the chat today. Whoops.

Side note - had a dehumidifier in our bedroom for a couple of hours before bed last night and slept so much better. Also have a slightly raised pillow. Recommend trying these out if you're congested and struggling to sleep 😊

Reactions: 5
Suggestion for when we do the next thread - can we have a vote for having a boy / girl / surprise / too early to know? I would do it myself but I don’t know how to 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Keep seeing all these "influencers" online saying about how hard PP is, not that I doubt its hard and having a baby totally changes your life but its absolutely freaking me out, maybe it's because I've not got long left now and I'm worrying about what's to come but I'm terrified now of the hormone shift and the constant crying that, if influencers/celebs are to be believed, seems constant. Am I just absolutely panicking over nothing?!

Just an update lady
There are still no chicken selects
If youse all fancy a road trip the mcdonalds in Glasgow seem to have them 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Keep seeing all these "influencers" online saying about how hard PP is, not that I doubt its hard and having a baby totally changes your life but its absolutely freaking me out, maybe it's because I've not got long left now and I'm worrying about what's to come but I'm terrified now of the hormone shift and the constant crying that, if influencers/celebs are to be believed, seems constant. Am I just absolutely panicking over nothing?!
I think so many of them do this just to try and be more relatable/get more likes and engagement. In reality a lot of these influencers day to day lives are a lot easier than ours - they get freebies left right and centre, don’t have a 9-5 job to worry about etc…

I do think it will be overwhelming to start with but I’ve also heard some really positive stories from women I know. Although they’ve all said hormones go a bit haywire, it’s nothing like the constant crying/bleeding/not sleeping image that so many put on the gram.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think social media is very damaging in this respect because tbh does anyone really want to hear about those people who are having a great time and loving every second of pp life…?! Just remembering how much backlash Laura Whitmore got on her thread for all her jaunty ‘back to work!!’ posts on Insta (and probably justifiably so). Then on the other hand there’s people like Kate Lawler etc who are having the most terrible time ever. No doubt things are difficult and we’ll all have tit days, and also I’m sure depends on your baby etc, recovery, feeding, sleeping and so many other things!

Baby biscuit is getting sooo much more active in there these last few days! Last night was the first night she actually woke me up thrashing around 😵💫

• Heart
I was reading the post by Georgia Kousoulou yesterday about the expectation of bouncing back body wise etc, I thought it was a really good message and very honest to post photos of how her body looks 8weeks PP. That said I do feel like there’s a real trend on social media lately to be SO anti-influencer/model that it kind of goes the other way. Charlotte Dawson for example always jiggling her belly in your face. It’s as though if you don’t look like a six 6, immaculate clothes horse your ONLY other option is to be a crying, leaking, unshowered, flabby mess that’s so proud of her “tiger stripes” you show them off at every opportunity. Absolutely nobody I know in real life enjoys grabbing their own rolls and thrusting them in the direction of a camera, even people I know who are much curvier and confident. Nothing wrong with being either of those things if it’s authentic but I feel like there’s a real gap there for women who fall somewhere in between - who manage to muddle along holding it together, who’s body is recovering but are also hopeful about feeling more comfortable in it one day soon, who’s exhausted but basic personal hygiene still gets prioritised most days? I haven’t come across any mum influencer who just seems… alright? It’s got to be one extreme or the other.
So many of these new mum influencers try so hard to be relatable it kind of goes the other way for me. I know personally I’d choose to put down my phone and not be posting on Instagram daily like they all seem to whilst sitting there moaning about not getting a shower! If you put your phone down you’d probably have time for one!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
In regards to these influences trying to be relatable putting new mums off PP I totally agree!!!! Scares the shite out of me. However iv been watching and following Home with Shan and her videos are sooooo good! She's so relatable and bubbly. I think of all the people iv watched on you tube she just says it hoe it is,enjoys it and also doesn't hide when she's having a bad day. I also started watching Dani Dyer yday- and she was refreshingly really relatable too,which j was surprised by as I wasn't keen when she was on love Island. But her tips with baby were really good!!!

Also abit of a moan here- but I'm 40+1 now and I'm just so down. Nothing seems to be progressing, know baby is in perfect position because the midwife said hw was and im always on my ball!! Iv done eating the spicy food, the sex, the keeping active, raspberry leaf tea and just nothing seems to be working. Getting so down and had a little cry last night. I know it's silly because I know most people go over and I accept that. I don't know if it's partly because I haven't worked for over a year because of covid (cabin crew so furloughed) and I'm just so mindlessly bored and fed up,feels like this whole year has dragged and its forever a waiting game with work and now baby,always worrying and waiting. I know I shouldn't moan as I'm so grateful j have a job still and I'm pregnant- but I'm still allowed to feel these things. It doesn't help that Mt friend who was two days behind me had her baby last Friday. And she keeps texting me rubbing it in. And then everyone keeps asking if baby is here or if there's any signs- I didn't think these things would bother me as I'm usually so chill and laid back, but they really are. Just feel so fed up and down. I really don't want to be induced either and I'm fed up of the judgemental comments about that, just on a real downer today about jt all. Rant over!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This pregnancy has given me the fabulous gift of acne and I’m finding it very difficult to cover up my face 😶
So I’ve sister in laws wedding in a few weeks and the makeup artist pulled out from doing a few of our faces today 🙈
Has anyone got any good recommendations for a good foundation with good coverage that will cover my face? It’s so bad with acne and pigmentation 😭 as it looks like will have to do my own face

Reactions: 2

If youse all fancy a road trip the mcdonalds in Glasgow seem to have them 🤣🤣
Well looks like I'm in for a long drive today

• Haha
  • Heart
All this talk of chicken selects has got me massively craving, but I'm too hormonal to put myself through the torment of going and finding out they are sold out! 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

On the topic of selects, what dip do you get? I always go for the BBQ, it's got a little kick to it, I love it! Oh my goddddd I want some 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.