Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have got the driest skin on my bump. Smothering myself in e45 doesn’t seem to be doing anything 😭 and I don’t fancy paying out for bio oil

In regards to these influences trying to be relatable putting new mums off PP I totally agree!!!! Scares the shite out of me. However iv been watching and following Home with Shan and her videos are sooooo good! She's so relatable and bubbly. I think of all the people iv watched on you tube she just says it hoe it is,enjoys it and also doesn't hide when she's having a bad day. I also started watching Dani Dyer yday- and she was refreshingly really relatable too,which j was surprised by as I wasn't keen when she was on love Island. But her tips with baby were really good!!!

Also abit of a moan here- but I'm 40+1 now and I'm just so down. Nothing seems to be progressing, know baby is in perfect position because the midwife said hw was and im always on my ball!! Iv done eating the spicy food, the sex, the keeping active, raspberry leaf tea and just nothing seems to be working. Getting so down and had a little cry last night. I know it's silly because I know most people go over and I accept that. I don't know if it's partly because I haven't worked for over a year because of covid (cabin crew so furloughed) and I'm just so mindlessly bored and fed up,feels like this whole year has dragged and its forever a waiting game with work and now baby,always worrying and waiting. I know I shouldn't moan as I'm so grateful j have a job still and I'm pregnant- but I'm still allowed to feel these things. It doesn't help that Mt friend who was two days behind me had her baby last Friday. And she keeps texting me rubbing it in. And then everyone keeps asking if baby is here or if there's any signs- I didn't think these things would bother me as I'm usually so chill and laid back, but they really are. Just feel so fed up and down. I really don't want to be induced either and I'm fed up of the judgemental comments about that, just on a real downer today about jt all. Rant over!!!!
I knew someone who had the due date after my first, she had her baby two weeks early and I was overdue, I was so angry 😠😂 hang in there, it’s a rough time but they will come out eventually I promise!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
In regards to these influences trying to be relatable putting new mums off PP I totally agree!!!! Scares the shite out of me. However iv been watching and following Home with Shan and her videos are sooooo good! She's so relatable and bubbly. I think of all the people iv watched on you tube she just says it hoe it is,enjoys it and also doesn't hide when she's having a bad day. I also started watching Dani Dyer yday- and she was refreshingly really relatable too,which j was surprised by as I wasn't keen when she was on love Island. But her tips with baby were really good!!!

Also abit of a moan here- but I'm 40+1 now and I'm just so down. Nothing seems to be progressing, know baby is in perfect position because the midwife said hw was and im always on my ball!! Iv done eating the spicy food, the sex, the keeping active, raspberry leaf tea and just nothing seems to be working. Getting so down and had a little cry last night. I know it's silly because I know most people go over and I accept that. I don't know if it's partly because I haven't worked for over a year because of covid (cabin crew so furloughed) and I'm just so mindlessly bored and fed up,feels like this whole year has dragged and its forever a waiting game with work and now baby,always worrying and waiting. I know I shouldn't moan as I'm so grateful j have a job still and I'm pregnant- but I'm still allowed to feel these things. It doesn't help that Mt friend who was two days behind me had her baby last Friday. And she keeps texting me rubbing it in. And then everyone keeps asking if baby is here or if there's any signs- I didn't think these things would bother me as I'm usually so chill and laid back, but they really are. Just feel so fed up and down. I really don't want to be induced either and I'm fed up of the judgemental comments about that, just on a real downer today about jt all. Rant over!!!!
I was like that with my first, I pretty much bit anyone's head off that dared ask "well any sign" and "it'll be worth the wait" I was exhausted, full of fluid, itchy and so irritable............I know how you feel, the days feel like they are never ending! I won't even placate you with the normal responses, just know you're not alone!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This pregnancy has given me the fabulous gift of acne and I’m finding it very difficult to cover up my face 😶
So I’ve sister in laws wedding in a few weeks and the makeup artist pulled out from doing a few of our faces today 🙈
Has anyone got any good recommendations for a good foundation with good coverage that will cover my face? It’s so bad with acne and pigmentation 😭 as it looks like will have to do my own face
KVD Lock it foundation is my go to, expensive but it’s full coverage without being heavy!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have got the driest skin on my bump. Smothering myself in e45 doesn’t seem to be doing anything 😭 and I don’t fancy paying out for bio oil
Regular old baby oil, slather it on after the bath or shower when your skin is still wet and just pat your skin dry

This pregnancy has given me the fabulous gift of acne and I’m finding it very difficult to cover up my face 😶
So I’ve sister in laws wedding in a few weeks and the makeup artist pulled out from doing a few of our faces today 🙈
Has anyone got any good recommendations for a good foundation with good coverage that will cover my face? It’s so bad with acne and pigmentation 😭 as it looks like will have to do my own face
I feel you - I’ve had some cystic spots on my chin! I take zinc supplements and use a little bit of lactic acid and that seem to help calm it down x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
All this talk of chicken selects has got me massively craving, but I'm too hormonal to put myself through the torment of going and finding out they are sold out! 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

On the topic of selects, what dip do you get? I always go for the BBQ, it's got a little kick to it, I love it! Oh my goddddd I want some 🤣🤣🤣
Bbq every time!!!🙌🏼

Rediculiusly sick last night I’m not even going to go into details but I’m blaming then branston pickle 😭

• Sad
Oh no! I'd have been really looking forward to the treat if having my makeup done.
I swear by my Lancome teint idole.

• Heart
Oh no! I'd have been really looking forward to the treat if having my makeup done.
I swear by my Lancome teint idole.
I was and the wedding is on in the back arse of no where so it is hard to get another mua 🙄 I was really contemplating staying in my home house and getting my makeup done here (3 hours from the venue) but of course the wedding is on at noon so cannot get anyone that early 😭😡

I was reading the post by Georgia Kousoulou yesterday about the expectation of bouncing back body wise etc, I thought it was a really good message and very honest to post photos of how her body looks 8weeks PP. That said I do feel like there’s a real trend on social media lately to be SO anti-influencer/model that it kind of goes the other way. Charlotte Dawson for example always jiggling her belly in your face. It’s as though if you don’t look like a six 6, immaculate clothes horse your ONLY other option is to be a crying, leaking, unshowered, flabby mess that’s so proud of her “tiger stripes” you show them off at every opportunity. Absolutely nobody I know in real life enjoys grabbing their own rolls and thrusting them in the direction of a camera, even people I know who are much curvier and confident. Nothing wrong with being either of those things if it’s authentic but I feel like there’s a real gap there for women who fall somewhere in between - who manage to muddle along holding it together, who’s body is recovering but are also hopeful about feeling more comfortable in it one day soon, who’s exhausted but basic personal hygiene still gets prioritised most days? I haven’t come across any mum influencer who just seems… alright? It’s got to be one extreme or the other.
So many of these new mum influencers try so hard to be relatable it kind of goes the other way for me. I know personally I’d choose to put down my phone and not be posting on Instagram daily like they all seem to whilst sitting there moaning about not getting a shower! If you put your phone down you’d probably have time for one!
This is spot on. It’s not that difficult in my experience but when you can’t go anywhere or do anything, ‘influencers’ need to make it more interesting. They all want to be the one that goes viral with their ‘real talk’ - it’s a load of shite, if it were that bad would the really be on IG every day?! Look at Jake Quickenden, it’s just boring now, give the bloke a book deal and shut him up! It really is all for the ‘gram. He seems like a nice bloke and a good father but honestly who dresses the whole family up in fancy dress on a Thursday arvo after stories about being up every hour the night before?!?
It’s not real at all.

Dermablend is incredible. It’s designed for skin conditions yet doesn’t feel that heavy.

I’m WTF but today I’m on a zoom course. I’m an hour in and I can’t keep my eyes open 😂
And all I want is chicken selects or a fino pitta from Nando’s. And neither are doing them 🥺😭

Estee lauder double wear is my go to! I used to have terrible acne, had to go on roaccutane a few years ago and that was the only foundation that made my skin look half decent

• Heart
Pregnancy #13 Chicken not selectable

We zoomed through this thread!

No this one is called angel. This is Maui, also giving me no peace in the bath
Such a cutie, I remember him as a tiny kitten when I was lurking the Brogan thread 😍

Reactions: 4
Pregnancy #13 Chicken not selectable

We zoomed through this thread!

Such a cutie, I remember him as a tiny kitten when I was lurking the Brogan thread 😍
Hahaha hes a big boy now! He's a year old. Him and Elsa had a litter of kittens, 5 of them, we kept angel and the other 4 went to loving homes.
5 tiny kittens made the home very interesting 😂😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.