Popular Expressions that need to be banned #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Iā€™m from NE Scotland. It was always the big light. And, unless youā€™d lost a contact lens or needle, must NEVER be switched on. Because itā€™s not Blackpool illuminations in here.
Anyway whatā€™s this ā€˜delulu is the soluluā€™ bullshit Iā€™m seeing? Itā€™s on t-shirts. Makes no sense. Grown men & women ffs
I actually like delulu. It just seems more of an insult that you canā€™t be bothered to use proper english on the blithering idiots. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Solulu is just stupid though.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I am a southern and have never heard of the big light thing. The big light was always used unless there was good film on and then the small lamp would be used for ā€œatmosphereā€.

Northern England 90s child here and we always said the big light in fact my kids say it now šŸ˜†

Reactions: 2
I am a southern and have never heard of the big light thing. The big light was always used unless there was good film on and then the small lamp would be used for ā€œatmosphereā€.
I'm southern and we used big light when I was a child, at bedtime at a certain time we had to turn off the big light but could still read with the lamp

Reactions: 4
I was today years old when I found out ā€¦
Itā€™s givingā€¦
Vibes/vibing šŸ˜‘
My toxic trait.
Boy mum.
Aesthetic.

Reactions: 13
Were you ever allowed to close the curtains to watch a video during the day, so you could pretend you were at the cinema? We did that occasionally.

" not all superheroes wear capes " I can't stand it, makes me cringe

• Sick
Reactions: 18
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Iā€™m from NE Scotland. It was always the big light. And, unless youā€™d lost a contact lens or needle, must NEVER be switched on. Because itā€™s not Blackpool illuminations in here.
Anyway whatā€™s this ā€˜delulu is the soluluā€™ bullshit Iā€™m seeing? Itā€™s on t-shirts. Makes no sense. Grown men & women ffs
Quinie here. We had the main light.

Reactions: 1
Thank you!
Had supper last night with friends and their teenage kids and the conversation got round to teen speak.
The mere fact that I knew about delulu is the solulu earned me great respect from the teens, even if Iā€™m still not quite sure what it means.
They even taught me a couple of new words, one of which I have already forgotten.
And apparently rizz is a bit old fashioned now.
I am so trendy!!!
---
Quinie here. We had the main light.
Must be a Doric light fitting!

• Haha
I think this might be a dialect thing where Iā€™m from but I hate it when people use a weird tense to describe a situation
ā€˜I gets a call from my manager, so I goes into the office, I sits down, he says he wants a word about a colleague, I says OK, we gets up and we goes to the coffee shopā€™ šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think this might be a dialect thing where Iā€™m from but I hate it when people use a weird tense to describe a situation
ā€˜I gets a call from my manager, so I goes into the office, I sits down, he says he wants a word about a colleague, I says OK, we gets up and we goes to the coffee shopā€™ šŸ™„
I associate that with the west country! Never hear it anywhere else. I find it oddly endearing :LOL:

I associate that with the west country! Never hear it anywhere else. I find it oddly endearing :LOL:
Thatā€™s interesting! Iā€™m from Manchester, which is the only place Iā€™ve heard it! I donā€™t find it endearing though sadly!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Sounds like Nessa from Gavin and Stacey.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I hate when people referring to things being dropped instead of released šŸ™„
ā€œTheir album drops next weekā€
ā€œher clothing line dropped yesterdayā€

Reactions: 12
Nom nom nom.
My little man.
When people refer to themselves as mummy/daddy on social media - you are talking to grown adults.
Benidorm* doesnā€™t know whats about to hit it. *or any other tacky location.
Love that for me.
More of a spelling ick but ā€˜carnā€™t and ā€˜broughtā€™ instead of ā€˜boughtā€™

Reactions: 9
Yā€™all
Oh you sweet summer child
Make it make sense
May I ask (seen people put this at the end of a sentence on twitter a lot)

Reactions: 6