Popular Expressions that need to be banned #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love that for me
No worries

I don't know if this even counts but heard Sainsbury's referred to in the office as 'Just nipping to Sainsbo's'

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Apologies if it’s been said before but I hate people saying “can we normalise….” then they’ll mention something very normal 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Can't say it often enough ... (that's not one, btw) :giggle:

*Reach out to
*Going forward
*Lean into

Every time I hear someone use these phrases I mentally tell them to piss off. There's another one that irks me but I cannae remember it atm - will add it on when I do. :)

Reactions: 4
Rich/successful/famous people talking about 'giving back'.

Yes I know it's good and it's nice and all that, but when they utter those words 'giving back' all I can hear in my head is throwing a few crumbs to the poor because I've made it and I'm not poor.

Am I being a witch? Probably am - but it still gets on my tits. Just give/donate and say nowt - that's what I'll do when I'm rich. 😇 ... Bit like George Michael who donated £loads£ to all & sundry in need and we never heard a word about it until after his death.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
British people saying pants instead of trousers - duck off.
Where I’m from we’ve always said pants, though I have had some confusing conversations with people. Pants can be any type, trousers are usually formal, unless it’s dressy pants 🙃

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Where I’m from we’ve always said pants, though I have had some confusing conversations with people. Pants can be any type, trousers are usually formal, unless it’s dressy pants 🙃
Sorry if it’s a northern thing and I’ve offended anyone! 😳
I mean people who have recently adopted it, I’m seeing it more and more from influencer types

Reactions: 1
Another one I’ve seen lately is people (usually Americans) saying “can I do the….”, or “I’m gonna do the….”, when ordering in a restaurant 🤬

• Haha
Another one I’ve seen lately is people (usually Americans) saying “can I do the….”, or “I’m gonna do the….”, when ordering in a restaurant 🤬
I hate people that say they’ve “done” countries when talking about going on holiday 🙄 “we’ve done Thailand”

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Everyone using "soul" instead of person is annoying when writing a post about someone on social media "she's such a beautiful soul" , it's turning into such a basic witch word

Reactions: 7
Can't say it often enough ... (that's not one, btw) :giggle:

*Reach out to
*Going forward
*Lean into

Every time I hear someone use these phrases I mentally tell them to piss off. There's another one that irks me but I cannae remember it atm - will add it on when I do. :)
Oh aye. 'Lived experience'. That's another one. How tf does anyone have any sort of experience other than one they've lived? What's the alternative, 'My died experience'? duck off.

• Haha
People saying, "The proof is in the pudding". No. No, it's not. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

• Heart