Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sheleg

VIP Member
Picky tea
Pushing back
Little man
I can’t stand “little man”. I’m pregnant with a boy and someone asked me if I’m looking forward to “meeting my little man”, as if I’m going on a blind date with a midget or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Every little thing is a “journey.” No one loses weight, they are on a “weight loss journey.” No one tries for a baby, they’re on a “fertility journey” then will be on a “pregnancy journey” and later down the line, a “menopause journey.” There are “fitness journeys”, “chronic illness journeys”, “recovery journeys” and so many other things

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
"Assigned at male (or female) at birth"

I just fucking hate this expression. It sounds as if the midwife is there saying "we've had 3 boys today so we'll make this one a girl" or whipping out a sorting hat to decide randomly.

Sex is decided at conception and observed at birth NOT FUCKING ASSIGNED 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I'm sick of young people using 'they' and 'their' for everyone when the person's sex is bloody obvious.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Ooh, I love a good moan, here are mine

'crack on'
'you do you'
'we are so blessed'
'littles'
'staycationing'

My favourite was someone referring to the days before covid as 'pre pando' 😃
oh yes staycationing, especially as people use it to say they are going on holiday somewhere else in the UK as opposed to going abroad. It makes the trip sound less appealing.

If you’re going away somewhere for a break within the UK it’s still a holiday. Just because your going to Cornwall rather than Barbados doesn’t mean your holiday is any less a holiday.

Staycation to me means you are staying at home and not going anywhere

Reactions: 21

melonpane

Ooh, I love a good moan, here are mine

'crack on'
'you do you'
'we are so blessed'
'littles'
'staycationing'

My favourite was someone referring to the days before covid as 'pre pando' 😃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

lilyannrose

Chatty Member
Fucking shit I hate the whole Karen thing so fucking much. How is it even socially acceptable? It is utterly reprehensible in terms of methods used to shut up a woman for daring to speak. I am so, so over it at this point but it is still everywhere and it's never going away, is it?

Reactions: 19

Pineapple glitter

VIP Member
Doggo
Pupper
Vibing
I'm so excited for...
To be fair
To be honest
Not gonna lie
It is what it is

and overuse of the words 'literally' and 'obviously'

• Haha

April89

I have quite severe OCD, had it since childhood, diagnosed, and it ranges in terms of severity and focus. I can’t handle ‘I’m so OCD’ or when it is used in any kind of joking way. People have no idea how close OCD has come to tipping me over the edge, and they are using it as a joke 😔

• Heart