Popular Expressions that need to be banned #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another one is 'nuggies' for chicken nuggets
Oh yeah! This is one is so bad! I saw a comment on a thread once where a poster said ‘am I in the wrong for eating the nugs?’ and then it seemed like the other posters had a challenge to use nugs/nug nugs/nuggies as much as possible!

• Sick
Reactions: 5
I'm glad someone mentioned "veggies".
That one gets to me. I've known really sombre serious people use it in conversation.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
"Internalised misogyny" dragged out every time a woman doesn't like pink, doesn't wear makeup, isn't maternal, isn't interested in "girly" things, etc.

Reactions: 14
"If you know, you know". 🙄

I don't care if I don't know your private little in-joke. It's probably something really banal, anyway.

Reactions: 15
This is more of an online one, but when people try to be funny by saying ‘reader’ as a sort of punchline. “A colleague asked me out. Reader, I said no” “Thought it was OK to go out without an umbrella. Reader, I was wrong”

I’m also sick of hearing slang like ‘sling, bung, chuck’. Just use the actual word!

Reactions: 10
"Making memories" such a weird concept, why not just live in the moment ?

Reactions: 13
You got this!
Own it
Smashed it
Proud of myself
Make myself proud
Make my mum/dad/Nan etc proud of me…🙄

Reactions: 8
‘You got this mama’

Any comment ending in ‘mama’ really, when did people start calling anyone with children mama??

Reactions: 16
delulu for delusional
I think that's an up and coming one. I've heard a few YTers use it and saw it in a Daily Mail 'article'. I used to work with simplified English (for work instructions and manuals) and even this is Shakespeare compared to some Social Media speak.

Reactions: 6