Popular Expressions that need to be banned #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People saying, "The proof is in the pudding". No. No, it's not. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
Thank you.
It drives me nuts too. Whenever I hear it on TV, I say the same as you. It’s in the eating!

Reactions: 6
Oh aye. 'Lived experience'. That's another one. How tf does anyone have any sort of experience other than one they've lived? What's the alternative, 'My died experience'? duck off.
That's often used in government and research work so lived experience is where you have direct experience of something. So you could for example have experience in youth care, fostering etc but if you've not actually been through the care system yourself then it's not a lived experience in that area.

If anyone uses it in normal life context though then yeah, doesn't make sense 😅

Reactions: 2
Waitlisted.
Not “ put on the waiting list” but according to the DM today children were being waitlisted.

Reactions: 4
The One that made me a Mum.

Ten years (insert years) of loving you.

Urgh

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Not sure if it’s already been mentioned but I hate how everyone is saying “girlie” now. Like “I’m a book girlie” or “for all the (whatever) girlies” it’s sooo cringe

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
"My roman empire is..."
"My beige flag is...
"My green flag is.."

What the duck is wrong with these sheep people

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Preggers
Hubby
Reached Out
Sexy time
My most HATED expression at the moment. Had a robotic, idiotic creep from work just call me and say "I'm just reaching out"...I wanted to say, "darling, you are calling me on the phone, what's all this reaching out sh1t. :mad: Wanted to tell her to F**k right off"

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Watch my Sunday reset….you’re cleaning and tidying, it’s not a bloody reset 🙄

Reactions: 10