Popular Expressions that need to be banned #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People insisting "middle age is LIIIITERALLY the middle point of your life" therefore 30-somethings are middle-aged and 50-somethings are elderly - "lol you're 50 and still calling yourself middle aged? Do you expect to live to 100?"

Most people can expect to live to 70-80 so by this logic "middle aged" would be 35-40 only and everyone else is either young or old. That's a pretty narrow range, "middle age" or "midlife" is considered to be a life stage not just a time frame. Also no one knows how long they are going to live. Was the family friend's daughter who passed away at age 10 "middle aged" when she was 5? My great-grandmother was 98 when she died, so does that mean she wasn't middle-aged until 49?

Reactions: 2
Yes like the sticks and stones and names never hurting bollocks. Many people carry horrible scars from being teased, bullied, criticised & called horrible names.
Not quite the same but I always hated "shy kids get nothing" mainly because I was always the shy kid 🤣 but no matter how much courage I would try to pluck up I was still always very shy and literally couldn't help it , I'm more confident now I'm older but still not massively outgoing

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Not quite the same but I always hated "shy kids get nothing" mainly because I was always the shy kid 🤣 but no matter how much courage I would try to pluck up I was still always very shy and literally couldn't help it , I'm more confident now I'm older but still not massively outgoing
You know the people who were told that as children are the workplace bullies now 🤣

Reactions: 1
Referring to menopause as a “second spring.” It’s so twee and faux-positive

“Foster fail” - when someone was supposed to be fostering a rescue animal but fell in love with them and decided to adopt them. It’s silly, overused, and makes no sense, after all you have succeeded in the objective of finding them a home

Reactions: 2
Serving bleep (which is supposed to be a compliment I think)

What a horrible juvenile phrase. Just seen it being used to describe Sharon from EastEnders.