Popular Expressions that need to be banned #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not wanting to hear "oh my days!" every 5 minutes is one of the reasons I didn't carry on with my teaching career.
I admit I say oh my days as I don't like to say God's name in vein.

Also these wind me up to no end
Aesthetic
(On vinted) hello lovely
Boy/girl math
Its giving
A red lip
Pop (as in this colour makes your eyes pop)
ILY
Mama bear
Hehe

More will spring to mind no doubt.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
"much love"

I know quite a few types who put this in texts/emails. It's not a great reflection on the company I keep tbh. (I'm aware of this and monitoring the situation though)
duck off.

Reactions: 4
Another one that angers me.

"Empowerment".
Like many phrases/words in this topic they have a purpose but are catastrophically overused IMHO. The orginal meaning and impact of the word or phrase is then demeaned and ends up meaning very little.
Empowerment now means to me people posing in their undies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I was today years old when…

No. You were 28 Laura, because we don’t do our ages in days, past the first bloody WEEK of our lives.

And it’s always something thick they claim to have not known, like how did you get to this age NOT knowing how to put a duvet cover on, you absolute omelette?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Perhaps more for the "annoying things on social media" thread, but describing body parts like lips or bum cheeks as "juicy". It sounds like something a cannibal would say.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
“Well done you”.
A simple “well done” will suffice thanks. I know who I am.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Chef’s kiss, followed by the action!

Oh duck off or you’ll get a Glasgow kiss instead! 😜😆

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Chef’s kiss, followed by the action!

Oh duck off or you’ll get a Glasgow kiss instead! 😜😆
Yes, this one! No-one ever said it at all until about 18 months ago.

Same sort of thing as people crapping on about their mum talking about "putting the big light on". No she didn't, it's from a Peter Kay stand-up routine! I don't remember anyone in the '80s talking about The Big Light.

Same sort of thing as people crapping on about their mum talking about "putting the big light on". No she didn't, it's from a Peter Kay stand-up routine! I don't remember anyone in the '80s talking about The Big Light.
Then yer no a Glaswegian, hen! It wuz always the big light

• Haha

Yes the big light was a thing in the 70s too.

I'm from the South of UK and 'putting the big light on' was a thing as a kid in the 80s and 90s for me and my sister

Reactions: 8
Not Glaswegian, no. I'm from the Midlands (not Birmingham though). We just called it The Light. Other light sources were lamps. I don't remember having those in the sitting room at home, only in bedrooms. I don't remember anyone else saying it either, although as a kid and teenager I doubt I discussed lighting with people very often.

🤣🤣 I’m from NE Scotland. It was always the big light. And, unless you’d lost a contact lens or needle, must NEVER be switched on. Because it’s not Blackpool illuminations in here.
Anyway what’s this ‘delulu is the solulu’ bullshit I’m seeing? It’s on t-shirts. Makes no sense. Grown men & women ffs