Popular Expressions that need to be banned #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same. That and "Get in the bin" (cringe) both of these phrases are so loved and used by tattle I have to scroll with my eyes closed
Had to come back and say the first comment i saw on another thread after leaving this one began with "knocks me sick" 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
"Wild swimming" or any other "wild" nonsense. Why and when did it stop being just swimming?

Reactions: 11
Not exactly an expression but the current trend (amongst women it seems) to add "ah" to the end of every sentence makes me feel very, very tired. Tired-ah I say-ah!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Pupper, doggo, fur baby
There seems to be a trend for adults posting in an infantilised way about their pets, or from their pets point of view! It’s the worst!
I read a post about a kitten biting and one response was basically unreadable, it was so childish and silly, like ‘out kitten was biting and we had to stop it, we let her chew a bit as she’s only little and needed noms’.
Communicate like an adult! Your advice is missed in the bullshit and people won’t try and translate what you’re actually saying to find the advice.

• Haha
I was thinking today about how, in the past, slang and stupid phrases like "it's giving " would have been used by young people, now the fact that fully grown adults are speaking in this stupid way annoys me irrationally

Reactions: 7
I was thinking today about how, in the past, slang and stupid phrases like "it's giving " would have been used by young people, now the fact that fully grown adults are speaking in this stupid way annoys me irrationally
Yeah I'm guessing it has something to do with social media. Before that it would be kids using slang words amongst their friends but now people use it on social media, videos etc so everyone picks them up

Reactions: 4
Yeah I'm guessing it has something to do with social media. Before that it would be kids using slang words amongst their friends but now people use it on social media, videos etc so everyone picks them up
It's so cringe imo

This is so true , my parents aren't old parents but I look at some people now in their 20s and 30s and think I couldn't imagine my parents doing stuff and saying stuff the same as me when I was a teen

This is so true , my parents aren't old parents but I look at some people now in their 20s and 30s and think I couldn't imagine my parents doing stuff and saying stuff the same as me when I was a teen
Neither, everyone is so much more infantalised

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It's so cringe imo
You mean, it's giving cringe? 🤣

Tbh doesn't bother me. I'm quite glad we don't have to suddenly act all grown up when we turn 30.

But some of the expressions are definitely cringe 😅

• Haha