Popular Expressions that need to be banned #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every little thing is a “journey.” No one loses weight, they are on a “weight loss journey.” No one tries for a baby, they’re on a “fertility journey” then will be on a “pregnancy journey” and later down the line, a “menopause journey.” There are “fitness journeys”, “chronic illness journeys”, “recovery journeys” and so many other things

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
“Hence why” is a really annoying one that people seem to have adopted overnight.

I feel like people use it to show their grasp of formal English (which they normally do try to give the impression of intelligence), but it’s grammatically incorrect lol.

Reactions: 10
“Living my best life”
“I’m in my …..era”
When people say LITCHERLY instead of literally.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I find it nigh on impossible to say (even when I really mean it) things like 'well done' or 'congratulations' without worrying I sound either patronising or sarcastic.
Think that’s a very British thing! If you say something is “great” you sound like you’re saying it’s tit, even if you aren’t 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
“Living my best life”
“I’m in my …..era”
When people say LITCHERLY instead of literally.
This 'living my/your best life' tit really gets on my tits.

Nearly as much as:

Going forward
Reached/reaching out
Leaning into

:rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Authentic & organic along with unconscious bias. 🤮 Oh and "obsessed" with anything from leggings to a washing up sponge!

Reactions: 8
Or anyone using it!
---
"It is what it is." What does that even mean?
*slowly exits thread* 😂😂 I quite often use it is what it is and I’m not the sort to let stuff outside of my control get to me. I have enough on my plate without worrying about stuff that doesn’t effect me.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
*slowly exits thread* 😂😂 I quite often use it is what it is and I’m not the sort to let stuff outside of my control get to me. I have enough on my plate without worrying about stuff that doesn’t effect me.
Me too! It's about accepting what you can't change and moving forward 👍

Reactions: 2
'Speaks to'
'Her reaction speaks to how funny the joke was' wtf are you talking about??

Reactions: 3
'Speaks to'
'Her reaction speaks to how funny the joke was' wtf are you talking about??
People started using 'speak to' too much, I think they think it makes them sound smarter for some reason, but I can't speak to that myself

• Haha
Reactions: 4