Popular Expressions that need to be banned #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think it'll catch on but years ago someone I was seeing called it ...wait for it..."diberry dooberry". 🤮🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Chops. E.g, when people say "he was showing off his acting chops". It's an old expression but I'm hearing it so much lately.

Reactions: 13
CREATIVES to mean 'people working in the arts'. It always sounds like a term Silicon Valley types would use to lure in underpaid workers.

Reactions: 2
I HATE with every fibre of my being when a new word becomes popular and everyone starts saying it. Whhhyy. You look like a brain dead moron.

Current hate is:
Banging
Acoustic
Roman empire
Make it make sense

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
What about "Does that make sense?" Or "Am I making sense?" But my pet hate is "D'you know what I mean?" At the end of nearly every sentence spoken.

Reactions: 5
There's a radio advert that uses Spenny over and over 😳 can't think what it's for as I have to turn it over when I hear it

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Neurospicy
Omg, one of my colleagues is a grandma, and her grandson is about 3, going through process of being assessed for neurodiverse conditions. She's quite rightly being supportive grandma, but, she's going overkill with it on Facebook and it's become her personality. Sharing any link to any article about autism, neurodiversity etc and yesterday she used the term 'neurospicy'. I feel like it fetishises kids with neurodiversity, using words like spicy, it's a bit much...

By all means raise awareness that we all have different ways of seeing/interacting with the world and society etc, but come on, we don't need labels like neurospicy and it doesn't need to become a personality.

Reactions: 12
@emmer_moans I agree. Also I hate all the talk of super powers or examples of Chris Packham, Bill Gates or Temple Grandin of what can be achieved. Yes it's possible but not very likely and sets up unrealistic goals that can never be fulfilled and leaves kids feeling inadequate if for example they can't even bring themselves to relax around strangers. I accept I may have a negative slant on this one though.

Reactions: 5