Popsy clothing cult #10 Debobbler by Popsy and the Sweaty Gussets, out now on Polyester Records

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t say I never give you anything 🤣🤣🤣
It’s only been four days since her last ramble on Popsy Friends, yet feels like she’s left for another brand. I suppose once the attention wanes on one group she moves to another.

Reactions: 7
I really like this for Christmas, debating getting it…thoughts?
It's pretty! And if you can get the right size, have a well fitting bra, coordinating cardigan, tights, jewellery and, crucially, you CAN AFFORD IT 😄 then you should get it. Or get her. Does it have a name?! 🤔 😉🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Imagine being upset that no one commented on your bobbly cat Christmas tree dress? Though, I’m sure lots of people had comments to make under their breath about the state of said dress 😂
The stereotypical Popsy wearer just can't stand not being the centre of attention, be it positive or negative. Mean comment about their toddleresque dungarees? Fantastic, they can play the victim. Loads of (probably sarcastic) complements? Amazing, can boast about all the business cards they (never) gave out.

I just can't imagine ever coming home and even registetering nobody complemented my clothes. But maybe I'm just really unfashionable.

Reactions: 12
The stereotypical Popsy wearer just can't stand not being the centre of attention, be it positive or negative. Mean comment about their toddleresque dungarees? Fantastic, they can play the victim. Loads of (probably sarcastic) complements? Amazing, can boast about all the business cards they (never) gave out.

I just can't imagine ever coming home and even registetering nobody complemented my clothes. But maybe I'm just really unfashionable.
I think sometimes it depends on the area of work. I used to work in a museum which had large collections of jewellery and clothes, and also sold reasonably priced jewellery by modern designers in their shop (plus staff discount!). It was commonplace to admire colleagues' jewellery and clothes there but I got very strange looks when I moved to local government if I said I liked someone's earrings.

Reactions: 5
I think sometimes it depends on the area of work. I used to work in a museum which had large collections of jewellery and clothes, and also sold reasonably priced jewellery by modern designers in their shop (plus staff discount!). It was commonplace to admire colleagues' jewellery and clothes there but I got very strange looks when I moved to local government if I said I liked someone's earrings.
I always tell people they look nice or if I like something they are wearing and others say the same to me.

Reactions: 8
I always tell people they look nice or if I like something they are wearing and others say the same to me.
Exactly, for me, I can’t make small talk easily so I pick something I like about a person’s look and say something positive about it. It’s something I first learned in CBT and then realised what a positive effect it has on people so it’s second nature to me now. A popsy would be interesting in some way so it’s a good thing to focus on. I got 7 or 8 compliments on my skirt last week, but we are a very supportive work environment, I can’t imagine anyone saying anything at the place I was before.
---
I can only imagine the absolute pasting I'd get from the kids if I turned up to school in this ! She looks like a cliwn
It’s definitely an … interesting look. But then she’s the foxy cos-player isn’t she with a daft name. I always wonder about these people who wear their entire personality and mental state on the outside. What’s left?

Reactions: 11
It’s definitely an … interesting look. But then she’s the foxy cos-player isn’t she with a daft name. I always wonder about these people who wear their entire personality and mental state on the outside. What’s left?
She also randomly wears a harness over floral dresses 😂 each to their own but that just confuses me 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.