Poppy Adams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It does make the whole “Ive gained weight but I’m still happy” post seem really disingenuous. I agree though her health is the most important thing and if her weight is affecting her then somethng needs to be done

Reactions: 4
I don't think she is losing weight because she isn't happy, if you believe her in the video anyway.
She said during her initial weight loss she thought it would bring her body confidence, acceptance and happiness and it didn't because your weight does not equal your self worth.
That is a lesson and something she learned through getting bigger again.

This time round WLS seems to be because of the health complications she is having due to her current size. I actually applaud her for this. She is one of the first of the body positive group that I have seen ever to admit this. We all know being larger will limit what you can do and place strain on your body. The rest of the movement want us to believe that isn't true (like Tess Holliday, FFFB etc). Poppy has at least she she is suffering with her hips "and other things".

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Firstly, I actually respect the fact that Poppy was honest about it, isn’t going to try and lie and say it’s through diet and acknowledged the fact that the weight gain is impacting her health.

However, I am not sure I believe that she’s exhausted all weight loss options, judging by the portion size and food she posts on Instagram.

We all reach a rock bottom when it comes to weight loss. Mine was at a size 22 and I’ve been dieting to reduce my weight. Yes it’s hard. Yes there are days when I want to eat my body weight in bread. But slowly and surely the weight is coming off.

I just don’t think she’s tried and WLS is a very dramatic step in my opinion. It’s her choice at the end of the day, I’m not going to bash her over it but it does not address an unhealthy relationship with food -she needs to also address that to be successful.

What will be interesting to see is the bopo community response to this.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the start of a few other bopo influencers trying to lose weight... purely for health reasons ofc 🙄

Reactions: 2
Bethany Rutter has already unfollowed her 😂. I checked yesterday and she was definitely following.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Such a shame they don't promote eating 3 balanced meals a day and being more active. I'm guessing there wouldn't be much in the way of freebie clothes/ food/ drinks if they did that.

Reactions: 3
Exhausted all options.....
funny how before they have the op, they are required to show they can lose some weight before hand and they seem to manage to lose weight then?
maybe try some simple calorie counting and smaller portions. Yes it’s very very hard, but surgery is not the easy way out. It’s the lazy way out

I've not noticed any reference to her attempting to loose weight ...the opposite in fact if her latest post is anything to go on...trip to the bakery!

Reactions: 9
I've not noticed any reference to her attempting to loose weight ...the opposite in fact if her latest post is anything to go on...trip to the bakery!

Impending surgery on friday..... I know lets stuff my face with tit.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Exhausted all options.....
funny how before they have the op, they are required to show they can lose some weight before hand and they seem to manage to lose weight then?
maybe try some simple calorie counting and smaller portions. Yes it’s very very hard, but surgery is not the easy way out. It’s the lazy way out
You don’t have to qualify for anything if you pay privately. And it’s not the lazy way out.. she will still have to work at it

Reactions: 2
You don’t have to qualify for anything if you pay privately. And it’s not the lazy way out.. she will still have to work at it
oh didn’t know that. Still I stand by it. It’s a lazy way out. She might have to work at it but nowhere near as actually dieting and moving more

Impending surgery on friday..... I know lets stuff my face with tit.
wow. It’s gonna be a hard journey on her physically and emotionally especially if she’s an emotional eater.
My mother couldn’t eat hardly anything after her wsl for quite sometime that’s what she found hard as she ate for sadness/happiness/celebrating & boredom. That’s why you should try start cutting down before because it’s going to be hard to get around if she’s an emotional eater. But each to their own.

Reactions: 5
Just because she hasn't posted "calorie counting/joining slimming world etc" on her feed doesn't mean that she hasn't tried over the years.

And for those who have never had major surgery I would say that WLS is, in many respects, harder than the "traditional way".
Not only do you have the actual physical recovery and pain, there is always the possibility of something going wrong/infections (both of which Poppy has experienced) and also having to learn new habits as a result anyway.
Yes her weight will come off quicker but that doesn't mean she will have no issues.

The biggest one, I believe, she will face will be to confront why food is such a crutch and the reasons behind that. Tackling that alone is quite difficult to do.

Her post today has thrown me. Friends who've did wls privately have had to do the liver shrink diet ahead of surgery and poppy is munching on bakery treats

Her post today has thrown me. Friends who've did wls privately have had to do the liver shrink diet ahead of surgery and poppy is munching on bakery treats
Absolutely no way she’s tried conventional dieting. All they bloody do is eat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
She has made no attempt to diet or change her lifestyle in the run up (Jewish bakery binge 👀) but most importantly she's made zero attempt to exercise either which says to me that she has issues with the mentality of losing weight. I think deep down she views this as the magic wand to wave and lose weight. Yes it will be hard on her body but no where near as hard as restricted eating and actually exercising! It is possible but she wasn't willing to give up the huge roast dinners and brownie binges...ironic really cos she won't be allowed them now either!

Reactions: 6
She seems to do nothing anyway, she has no children or work responsibilities.. she could hire a PT and spend hours in the gym and if she can afford WLS she could afford a weight loss program fresh meals delivered to her door.

The bottom line is she simply doesn’t want to. I’m sure I’ve heard of extremely food obsessed people like her gain weight a year or 2 down the line because they push their stomach to extreme and it eventually enlarges but that could be the gastric band! Does anyone have any info on that? I’d be quite interested to read up on it. If not she could end up very unwell.

Someone mentioned about her failed tinder dates because of her well angles photos... I think it’s absolutely unfair to dupe someone into a date by doing that! The photo of her sat in the car looks completely different to her insta pics.

Rant over.

Reactions: 7
She is Insta friends with Becky Barnes ( who is lovely btw ) who has been through this a few years ago. She has a really honest post on her gram talking about her experience which wasn't good. I saw she reached out to Poppy recently but I suspect its fallen on deaf ears.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.