Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Or she’s trying to protect her employees from abuse?
I think this is most likely the reason why. Her employees have done nothing wrong and I wouldn’t want my name or photo showing up when people look into Polly and her business either.

Reactions: 34
Apologies if this comes across snappy or out of order. These topics are very heavy and incredibly draining. It’s been a long few days! I will say, I do hope Polly has a strong support network around her to give her the tough loving she’ll need. I hope she isn’t being coddled and made to feel the victim because it would make her apologise less impactful.
after the display her Mother put in on Facebook I think we can assume she’s getting no tough love from her Mum. Mummy’s little darling was painted as the victim.

I totally take your point about educating themselves, but I always thought they meant more educating themselves about the impact of their words and how racism / sexism / homophobia affects the victims of it. If that makes sense?

Reactions: 10
In termes of education thing, I'd say its more of an ongoing thing, there is always more you can learn about something you havent experance... I'm a white/cis genger, never thought of myself as racest/sexist etc(sorry not expressing that well hope that makes sense) but I've recenty been on an anti-racism workshop through work (not compulsory or because of anything ive done/said) and while alot of it was 'obvouse' (protected characters/legal side of it etc) I'd heard before, i came out of it with alot of skills/advice on chalanging racism, more detaied knolage/empathy and a long list of books to read to continue to learn more if that makes sense
I work for a big orgonisation so theses type of workshops are offerd as a matter of course/regularly but i guess if your self employed unless you seek it out its not going to be avaliable (not that im saying thats any kind of excuse) that aside it feels like pol needs to go back to the very basics class.' These words are bad etc' befor shes in a position to 'read a few booksetc' its not something she can change in a week /take a photo of a pile of books etc

Sorry if that is badly written (dyslexic)

Reactions: 21
I wonder if she’ll address it on the Sighh account..
I doubt it. The majority of her followers will be unaware and she’ll want to keep it that way. But will soon start to twig that things aren’t normal at Sighh HQ with the lack of Instagram posts so hopefully they’ll go looking for what’s really going on

Reactions: 15
I wonder if she’ll address it on the Sighh account..
I think she should but don’t think she will. I’ve lost all respect for her but if she did address it on Sighh I would have a bit more respect for her. How she has handled it in the wake of being exposed has really just made it worse than it already is.

Reactions: 19
I think she should but don’t think she will. I’ve lost all respect for her but if she did address it on Sighh I would have a bit more respect for her. How she has handled it in the wake of being exposed has really just made it worse than it already is.
I totally agree that it needs addressing on the Sighh account, but I also understand the hesitation. Her staff have access to the account and it may bring a stream of DMs and negative attention that they simply aren't trained to handle, which could be incredibly detrimental to their work and wellbeing when they're at no fault whatsoever. If it's ever addressed on Sighh, Polly needs to safely distance her staff from it all (which she already appears to have started doing by removing the Meet the Team section on her website).

Reactions: 10
I totally agree that it needs addressing on the Sighh account, but I also understand the hesitation. Her staff have access to the account and it may bring a stream of DMs and negative attention that they simply aren't trained to handle, which could be incredibly detrimental to their work and wellbeing when they're at no fault whatsoever. If it's ever addressed on Sighh, Polly needs to safely distance her staff from it all (which she already appears to have started doing by removing the Meet the Team section on her website).
Call me cynical, but I find it more likely that her staff have asked to be removed from the page, than Polly thinking of their well-being and removing them. With the kind of views that she has, she doesn’t strike me as the kind of person that would consider the well-being of her staff ahead of her own.

Reactions: 35
Call me cynical, but I find it more likely that her staff have asked to be removed from the page, than Polly thinking of their well-being and removing them. With the kind of views that she has, she doesn’t strike me as the kind of person that would consider the well-being of her staff ahead of her own.
I mean Polly never really seemed to ask if they wanted to be on her Instagram and would just film them when she wanted, so this seems more realistic for me

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Long-time lurker on Tattle generally, first time poster on this thread - this is just a big spill out of my thoughts because I am not being productive at work and I need to get some headspace back. This whole thing has literally given me a migraine as I feel so guilty.

There's no doubt that this needs addressing on the Sighh account. Over the space of just over a year I've spent over a hundred pounds on stuff from there and I just feel completely physically sick about it now. I also still have a pending order - if I didn't know what was going on with her right now I'd probably be looking at the socials wondering why the heck the comments were turned off, I'd be angrily emailing wanting an update... but now I'm just wanting her to cancel all the orders honestly.

I also have a real problem with the number of times she's referred to Sighh as a "feminist business" or used feminist themes on collections... does she not realise that feminism is an intrinsically left-wing ideology and does not even begin to combine with right-wing views?

I feel really bad for the women who work for her, they may end up bearing the brunt of the incoming downturn of the business... She shouldn't be donating a percentage of her "profits", she should be donating a percentage of her personal salary that she pays herself.

I feel like such a mug, I've got some of her prints in my office next to prints from genuine feminist, inclusive businesses...

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Her apology is lacklustre and such a cop out. The fact it’s on a private page and not addressing everyone says it all, as well as on her main business account. I honestly think if she was genuine she’d make a video discussing it properly and apologising on both platforms. But no, I hope her business fails. I have not been able to get the R tweet about making herself feel better out of my head it makes me so sick

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Lurker from the last few days 👀

Completely agree with everything said, her apology isn’t an apology at all and the lack of response from the Sighh account plus her account going private is disingenuous and just a cover up from her.

Someone mentioned posts being deleted from her personal account and it seems to be posts of the Sighh team - the post of their Christmas party and earring shoot are no longer there!

Not all of her friends have spoken out about this either. Alice made a statement but nothing from Jess, they did Alice’s podcast together on the topic of dating with an online presence (😬) and they are clearly good friends. If I remember correctly Jess and Alice and lunch together on Christmas Eve!

Lurker from the last few days 👀

Completely agree with everything said, her apology isn’t an apology at all and the lack of response from the Sighh account plus her account going private is disingenuous and just a cover up from her.

Someone mentioned posts being deleted from her personal account and it seems to be posts of the Sighh team - the post of their Christmas party and earring shoot are no longer there!

Not all of her friends have spoken out about this either. Alice made a statement but nothing from Jess, they did Alice’s podcast together on the topic of dating with an online presence (😬) and they are clearly good friends. If I remember correctly Jess and Alice and lunch together on Christmas Eve!
Sorry I meant Jess and Polly! Can’t figure out how to edit!

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.