Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
kara is barely an influencer or anything
she's got enough of a following for people to expect her to distance herself from it? either she felt the need to make a statement due to influence OR she was just being performatively woke/jumping on the bandwagon without checking herself. I don't think we should be letting anyone off the hook for an apology just because it was a 'long time ago'

Reactions: 3
She probably did because her name has been mentioned on this thread earlier! And her sister did! I just really think we do run risk of cancelling people for foolish ignorance instead of actual hatred , let’s focus on Polly and the horrid ideology she was spewing

I’m also not for letting people off the hook just because it was a long time ago, reading any of my posts in this thread you’ll know that’s true! But the magnitude of using a commonly said slur around school friends when you’re 13 is different to what Polly has said and done

Reactions: 16
i have no doubt all of these 'distance' statements are from people who used the exact same language themselves, considering they have been such 'long term mutuals'. if so long term why didn't you notice at the time????View attachment 965062View attachment 965063
T H I S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like how can they claim they did not know even her vague opinions, view points etc?! I know my friends' values and outlooks. Hell I even know a good bit about friends of friends. Even my partner's friends!

Also wtf is this "long term mutuals" phrase about that everyone is using? Is it just a way of avoiding admiting they were mates?

Reactions: 11
I don’t really like this implication that ‘ignorance’ justifies using having used slurs against gay and disabled people tbh? Racism is abhorrent but for anyone to be saying those words in 2015 is not okay at all to me and I wouldn’t write that off as just ‘ignorance’ because what Polly has done is worse 🤨

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don’t really like this implication that ‘ignorance’ justifies using having used slurs against gay and disabled people tbh? Racism is abhorrent but for anyone to be saying those words in 2015 is not okay at all to me and I wouldn’t write that off as just ‘ignorance’ because what Polly has done is worse 🤨
of course! I was referring to the 4 tweets someone brought up from a different girl called Kara when she was 13, which are absolutely not ok at all but as I said before, were common place in British schools then. Obviously not ok at all still, but I’m just saying the intent behind using them in her tweets v polly’s are quite different!

Reactions: 5
There was a big group on twitter around 2015-2017 maybe which included articharl, Morgan, Polly, Charlotte's web, and some others. Being a Twitter mutual is really different to knowing what someone is like in real life. I've followed Polly on twitter since around 2015/6 too and never saw these tweets or had any suspicion that she was so bigoted

I don't know how to explain the long term mutual thing unless you were there/ have followed that group for a while now

Reactions: 14
Being long term mutuals is completely different to being friends with somebody in my opinion. I’m not saying the people using that term weren’t her friends and aren’t just using that as a way to distance themselves, because I don’t know what their relationships with her looked like, but in my experience there are people I’ve been long term mutuals with on Instagram and Twitter (followed each other for a very long time, supported each other online etc) that I wouldn’t consider my friends. If I met them in real life it wouldn’t be like online friends meeting up, it would actually be pretty awkward because I don’t really know them as people I just know them from the stuff they post on social media.

Obviously Polly’s tweets and tumblr posts were online but most of her following/mutuals were/are on Instagram and by the time she had an established following that probably spread over to Twitter to follow her too, she was posting harmful tweets a lot less frequently (no doubt to benefit her business), although of course there were tweets being posted up to 2015 so I can’t believe that NOBODY knew that’s what she was like. I guess the business owners and influencers using that term are trying to establish that they didn’t know Polly’s true character because all they knew her as was the person she portrayed herself online to them, which we can’t disprove unless there’s clear evidence that they were more than just online acquaintances.

Reactions: 12
Also been wondering what long term mutual means 🤣🤣
I’ve always thought it means 2 people that follow each other / communicate online, maybe work in the same industry and support one another without necessarily knowing each other irl hence why they woukdnt just call each other friends. They would also have mutual followers who all fall into that same category… hope that makes sense?

Reactions: 7
Her sister Vicky has posted content on her stories on her food page - if my sister was at the end of her tether from a social media nightmare that’d be the last thing I’d be doing.

Not excusing Polly’s absolute vile comments but for those wondering about her welfare maybe this is a sign the family are managing, or at least are able to get on with their lives. Also slightly weird tho that she is maintaining her own social media page in light of what her sister’s going through, might be just me but I feel it to be a tad insensitive.

That or she saw what her sister posted about her on Tumblr (the laxatives) and doesn’t give af

Reactions: 13
lurker 👻✋

obviously i’m disgusted by her tweets, they are vile?!? but i can’t stop thinking ab how she’s going to cope. a lot to take on in a matter of days yk?. i wonder if she feels like her life is over

do people genuinely think she can’t change and try and move on ? i don’t think she deserves a business or a following but hopefully she could step back, get a “normal” job, educate herself and try have a somewhat normal life with friends and a family ? but then i think about her tweets and remember how hurtful they are to so many marginalised groups. marginalised groups who gave her money too!!!!

she should defs be donating a lot of sigh £££ to these charities and showing proof.

wonder how she feels knowing a lot of her long term friends dropped her overnight. not saying it wasn’t deserved tho

Reactions: 3
After the last few days, I actually think it’s incredibly insensitive to say these people just need a bit of education or for them to suggest that is part of what they are stepping away from social media to do. What is it you need educating on? Because surely, if you’re so sorry and know what you did was wrong… there’s nothing to learn? The weight of your actions and the hurt caused as a result is right in front of you, not in a text book or podcast. Just wanting to make a point that I feel “educating” is being used as a bit of a cop out because surely, at the age of 25, you don’t need to learn not to be racist, homophobic, xenophobic, transphobic and everything else, you just need to not do it. The lesson has been had. I don’t doubt there’s of course more to learn in the sense of what you can do to be a good ally but the basics of not being/doing/saying any of the above should not be a lesson you need to learn. If it is, you’re a lost cause. If what happened in 2020 wasn’t the final lesson, there’s no saving some people.

Apologies if this comes across snappy or out of order. These topics are very heavy and incredibly draining. It’s been a long few days! I will say, I do hope Polly has a strong support network around her to give her the tough loving she’ll need. I hope she isn’t being coddled and made to feel the victim because it would make her apologise less impactful.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
a message i got yesterday after speaking out (hidden name and picture for this persons privacy).

hopefully more people from her past might now have the courage to speak up!!
Didn't Polly post a woe is me blog post a while back about how she was always bullied in school? Sounds like she was actually the bully.

Reactions: 6
I saw someone mention she’s been deleting posts from her personal Instagram but the posts from the Sighh account has also gone from 1,329 yesterday to 1,285 currently. Why would she need to delete posts from that account 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I saw someone mention she’s been deleting posts from her personal Instagram but the posts from the Sighh account has also gone from 1,329 yesterday to 1,285 currently. Why would she need to delete posts from that account 😳
I think it might be her employees/people she's worked with asking her to take posts down to remove the association

Reactions: 24
Also wtf is this "long term mutuals" phrase about that everyone is using? Is it just a way of avoiding admiting they were mates?
Mutuals is when you engage with each other’s posts but aren’t close enough to strike up a friendship out of it. So they probably both follow each other, like each other’s post and leave the odd comment and may also occasionally DM.

Twitter is where the phrase gained traction and it’s used across all communities but mostly in specific niche and fandoms.

Reactions: 7
9E15A6CF-2A2C-4C6D-ADD1-86E0453D2403.png

the "meet the team" section of sighh is broken... possibly just a coincidence, or indicative of a major switch-up?

• Wow
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.