Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, they have something on them don’t they but I like the colour I’m going to dye it better than the pink. I might try and get a big patch or piece of fabric to cover if the illustrations still show through but I’ll play it by ear. Thank you ☺
This is exactly what I'm in the middle of doing! I have the black version of the tote, so I've got some fabric to cover it which I'll later decorate with patches from indie artists. Once I've finished stitching (haven't sewn anything since school so it's a slow process!), I'll post the result!

Reactions: 3
I used to work for a print shop and we used this spray to remove vinyl lettering. Not cheap but it is an option.
Ooh thank you for this, I’m just in the process of washing mine on a high heat but I don’t think it’s going to get the vinyl off.

“Then I turned my attention to my main focus: advising Mrs Vadasz on the cruel backlash her poor daughter is receiving as a result of tweeting a few harmless jokes when she was just a small child”.

(I still can’t get over Polly’s mum acknowledging JG’s surgery and then going on to ask her for help dealing w racism backlash regardless 🤣)

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 39
When I was in 1st/2nd year of secondary there was a trend of calling people “gay” to mean “stupid”. Teacher sat us down and explained what we were doing was offensive, it stopped school wide almost straight away. This was late 90s/early 2000s. Therefore by the time Polly was writing those tweets it was very obvious that language was wildly unacceptable- and at 18 you’re old enough to know better. Age is irrelevant- if you know what you’re saying is bad and you continue, you are racist, homophobic and everything else. She’s not changed, she’s just stopped writing it on social media.

They collaborated definitely and I think there was a “meeting” mentioned by Gobbles at some point
The same thing happened in my secondary school and it soon stopped being used. I look back nowadays to that time and feel ashamed for using such words even after the fact I didn’t realise and then being informed/taught. I used the word gay to reference to something being stupid (in a very childish/teenage way) but by the time I was 15/16 Id learnt not use that word in such a way. Definitely didn’t use it while 18, 19 and into my early 20s as I’m a person who accepts everyone and that type of language just isn’t in my day to day vocabulary. I’m hating all these empty apologies that are being given trying to excuse the hateful stuff that they have posted on the internet. They’ve put that energy out there at an age I think really defines you as person (from 18-mid 20s) I think that age bracket is when you really decided who you are. This back peddling on being too young and not realising is bullshit

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Has she still not posted anything on either account? Fine on her personal one, but her business one? If you were unaware as to what had happened you’d really wonder what was going on seeing as she used to pos many times a day. As for the bag, I managed to scrub the vinyl off and dye it but it did shrink a bit 😂 I’ll shut up about it now because I’m even boring myself!

Reactions: 2
The same thing happened in my secondary school and it soon stopped being used. I look back nowadays to that time and feel ashamed for using such words even after the fact I didn’t realise and then being informed/taught. I used the word gay to reference to something being stupid (in a very childish/teenage way) but by the time I was 15/16 Id learnt not use that word in such a way. Definitely didn’t use it while 18, 19 and into my early 20s as I’m a person who accepts everyone and that type of language just isn’t in my day to day vocabulary. I’m hating all these empty apologies that are being given trying to excuse the hateful stuff that they have posted on the internet. They’ve put that energy out there at an age I think really defines you as person (from 18-mid 20s) I think that age bracket is when you really decided who you are. This back peddling on being too young and not realising is bullshit
Not at 18/19, especially if you are at university and associating with many kinds of people. I grew up in a small town and university was what really shaped me as I met so many people from backgrounds I’d never associated with previously. If you’re from somewhere similar (I imagine Polly is), come out of your comfort zone, and still say this stuff, you’re categorically old enough to do better. There’s no excuse, she’s just a bigoted POS trying to excuse her way out of it.

Reactions: 9
I agree, but also, whenever this conversation happens it's people who said that they said 'gay' and maybe 'm ong' or something. I'm in no way saying those words are ok, I think I posted about my Mum yelling at me for using 'gay' to describe something when I was like 13. But I find it very weird that people seem to go 'oh well we all said 'gay' back then so it's the same as Polly saying 'negro', 'faggot', etc'. It's clearly not the same?! I don't think I've even seen one single Tweet where she 'only' used gay in a derogatory way, what she's said goes far beyond that that to me even comparing these two things is just a nonsense?

Reactions: 15
I agree, but also, whenever this conversation happens it's people who said that they said 'gay' and maybe 'm ong' or something.... I find it very weird that people seem to go 'oh well we all said 'gay' back then so it's the same as Polly saying 'negro', 'faggot', etc'.
me too! I remember saying 'gay' as an insult when I was younger and then realising why that's offensive (especially since I'm queer!!!) I also remember everyone using the term prostitude and being told to say sex worker now because of the stigma attached to sex workers. But neither of those things are the same as what Polly said. Never have I ever said the words she said. I've always know those words were wrong and I didn't even like saying them when they were in a book or whatever. The only people I knew that said those words were racists, which polly is. because in the context she said them, she knew that was racist (like 'drink whenever you see a ....")

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Screenshot_20220113-161832_Facebook.jpg
keep getting these pop up on my Facebook. Wonder if she's having a sale to clear some stock for a future change of direction?

Reactions: 11
Check out amymariahdesign on Instagram. Tell me if I’m imagining that I think Polly has copied her work. Even the earrings etc. But check her first post with her hand in the photo, look at the shapes on the tissue paper they remind me of Polly’s stickers.

Reactions: 1
this is interesting! I don't know anything about havinga business but I'm wondering if polly's only option now is to switch to something else? not stationery?

Check out amymariahdesign on Instagram. Tell me if I’m imagining that I think Polly has copied her work. Even the earrings etc. But check her first post with her hand in the photo, look at the shapes on the tissue paper they remind me of Polly’s stickers.
it wouldn't surprise me if polly had copied people. she was always so up herself and over confident. she boasted about her business making lots of money. I'm always skeptical of people who boast liket hat. it's like they've over compensating. faking it until they make it kind of thing.

She won’t be switching to something else, stationary is her forte. She’ll be having a sale to boost number of orders, as I’m sure they’ve taken a hit, as well as the amount of orders cancelled. It’s always about money

I agree, but also, whenever this conversation happens it's people who said that they said 'gay' and maybe 'm ong' or something. I'm in no way saying those words are ok, I think I posted about my Mum yelling at me for using 'gay' to describe something when I was like 13. But I find it very weird that people seem to go 'oh well we all said 'gay' back then so it's the same as Polly saying 'negro', 'faggot', etc'. It's clearly not the same?! I don't think I've even seen one single Tweet where she 'only' used gay in a derogatory way, what she's said goes far beyond that that to me even comparing these two things is just a nonsense?
I have to agree, I went through that ignorant, stupid phase of saying "that's gay" when I was 16 up until I made a new friend who called me out on it when he came out to me, I felt so awful and from then on I never used it again.
But EVEN back then I would have never ever dreamed of saying f*ggot. I was aware of the hatred and intent behind it. If I knew that, Polly sure should have. She's just vile.

Reactions: 9
She won’t be switching to something else, stationary is her forte. She’ll be having a sale to boost number of orders, as I’m sure they’ve taken a hit, as well as the amount of orders cancelled. It’s always about money
Lord knows how she’s going to shift all the planners she’s paid for 😬

The sale has been going on since before any of this came out. I was planning on making an order from it (so glad I didn’t now!!). She’s just abandoned ship in the hope everything dies down and she can return like nothing happened

Reactions: 2
I have to agree, I went through that ignorant, stupid phase of saying "that's gay" when I was 16 up until I made a new friend who called me out on it when he came out to me, I felt so awful and from then on I never used it again.
But EVEN back then I would have never ever dreamed of saying f*ggot. I was aware of the hatred and intent behind it. If I knew that, Polly sure should have. She's just vile.
Where I come from, a fag is a cigarette and faggots are meatball type things my grandma used to make when money was tight out of manky off cuts from the butcher 🙈 I was 20 when I saw it on Glee and released it had other meaning!
Nothing to do with Polly it just tickled me remembering that!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.