Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember that she did the shopify loan scheme not too long back, so maybe
she made it seem like taking that loans was so that she could "have some spare cash" to spend on the business but the shopify loan scheme is rubbish. so either way you look at it, she's not very clued up about how best to run a business. if she wanted some extra cash to spend on improving the business, a loan from her bank would be better (and easy to get if she's running sucha successful/profitable business!!)

Reactions: 6
(This is long, but please read this. Just a warning of how this could play out and not to fall for any threats and mind games directed at tattle users exposing racism. Also I’m frustrated as to why some influencers get let off easy while others are not - any insight into this would be helpful).

I can’t believe the traction this is getting compared to ImJesRose on insta (formerly LoftNQ) who runs JesRoseVinyl. Jes said similar things but she was in her 20s! And she tweeted them only 5/6 years ago!

Many similarities between her and Polly. They both have very successful small businesses, are tories, made racist, homophobic, fatphobic, anti-Asian tweets. Like Polly, Jes put her personal insta account to private, deleted Twitter, deleted and limited comments, blocked customers who asked her about it etc.

She took forever to apologise (and only did so on her newly-privated personal account, not her biz account, and the apology is now deleted!) and when she did apologise, she downplayed it all and said if anyone mentions it again, they are getting blocked.

Her mum and sister were backing her up on socials and threatening tattle users with court action. A couple of tattlers didn’t cover their tracks properly by quoting on tattle what comments they’d left on her insta, so Jes knew who they were and coerced (blackmailed) them via insta DM to make a public apology on the tattle thread, otherwise Jes would tell their employers they were cyber bullying her. One of the people who was blackmailed into apologising was a POC who had been upset by her racism. Another was a mum scared of losing her job who was suffering from depression. Jes even went as far as hiring a private investigator to dox tattle users. Obviously nothing came of that, because tattle wouldn’t release user info. As a result of the legal threats, coerced apologies, and fear, her tattle thread died.

Now, despite Jes having a huge personal and business insta following, her tattle maybe only had 20 regular posters, a few of which commented on her Instagram about her racist tweets. No other businesses/influencers called her out publicly or unfollowed her, so apart from a few people calling her out on her Instagram, nothing really happened and she still has a large following which is much larger than Polly’s and gets pr gifts from major brands and small businesses. She doesn’t appear to have learned anything, nor has she been proactive about showing her following she has learned anything or changed.

I think her insta followers were also too scared to say anything because Jes said that the ‘bullying’ was affecting her mental health. What about the mental health of the minority groups she was tweeting about?

I can’t help wondering…where was this energy for her? Or maybe her followers (including other influencers like Leanne Lim Walker, Interior Curve, Around Robyn, Megan Ellaby and many small businesses and big brands like Made.com & Joanie Clothing) simply don’t care that they are supporting & promoting someone so unrepentantly problematic, as long as they get to look at cute photos in their feed, or it makes them money in the long run?
This! 🙌
Yea, jesrose talttle died down and she just went back to her old self obsessive self. Zero repercussions for vile rasists tweets.

Reactions: 4
she made it seem like taking that loans was so that she could "have some spare cash" to spend on the business but the shopify loan scheme is rubbish. so either way you look at it, she's not very clued up about how best to run a business. if she wanted some extra cash to spend on improving the business, a loan from her bank would be better (and easy to get if she's running sucha successful/profitable business!!)
I’m an accountant and I replied to her stories when she said about the shopify loan because the rates and terms of it seemed ridiculous. They take a fixed percentage of your income each month rather than just a fixed repayment, so you could be paying it back for years if you’re income suddenly drops (which I suspect she may be now!). But I agree she made it seem like she was only taking the loan because it was there and not because she needed it, which again reflects her Tory attitude - if you need a loan to help with a new launch or something then just say it, you don’t look any better than anyone else acting like your business doesn’t need support, all of them do at the end of the day!
And I’ve mentioned this before but it irks me, I’m not sure if anyone ever noticed but Polly would never hype up other small businesses except those she received gifts from, it was only ever all about her own business and herself

Reactions: 20
I’m an accountant and I replied to her stories when she said about the shopify loan because the rates and terms of it seemed ridiculous. They take a fixed percentage of your income each month rather than just a fixed repayment, so you could be paying it back for years if you’re income suddenly drops (which I suspect she may be now!). But I agree she made it seem like she was only taking the loan because it was there and not because she needed it, which again reflects her Tory attitude - if you need a loan to help with a new launch or something then just say it, you don’t look any better than anyone else acting like your business doesn’t need support, all of them do at the end of the day!
And I’ve mentioned this before but it irks me, I’m not sure if anyone ever noticed but Polly would never hype up other small businesses except those she received gifts from, it was only ever all about her own business and herself
Strong parallels to Gabbieeee Lindley. I’m sure her fellow Tory would’ve been caught out with crappy tweets by now if she hadn’t privated herself and done a mass delete a while ago.The tweets from her brother replying to her certainly suggest there was dodgy language involved.

Reactions: 11
I’m disappointed with how quickly this has fizzled out but it should pick up when Polly speaks out. She can’t stay silent forever… surely?!

Reactions: 27
I’m disappointed with how quickly this has fizzled out but it should pick up when Polly speaks out. She can’t stay silent forever… surely?!
It depends on how long she stays quiet for. If she gives it a few weeks, it's likely people will forget about it or not care as much when she returns. I don't think her followers are dropping anymore.

Reactions: 7
God, what I would give to be a fly on the wall in the studio this past week
From the looks of Twitter no one is there, apparently orders aren’t being dispatched and emails not replied to either. Someone has been waiting 8 days for an email response!

• Wow
Reactions: 18
It depends on how long she stays quiet for. If she gives it a few weeks, it's likely people will forget about it or not care as much when she returns. I don't think her followers are dropping anymore.
Idk I think the longer the break, the mode suspicious casual customers will be. So when she returns there might be more questions than ever.
Polly definitely isn't following Amelia. Intruiged by what went on there! She always posted as if they were BFFs and tbh it was always a red flag to me how Polly sort of joked about Amelia doing all the hard admin work, as if Polly thought she was too good for admin. So even though Polly clear was shite at doing admin work herself, she made that into something that made her better than Amelia? I'm probably not making sense haha, just classic mean girl vibes to me.

Reactions: 7
Just went back on Twitter Polly Exposed said she’s on her skiing holiday. I thought that was at the end of this month though

Reactions: 5
I keep seeing tweets from Janey Godley on Twitter discussing her surgery and all I can think is the absolute AUDACITY of Polly’s mum to think JG might give a duck about Polly being called out for her racist tweets at what will obviously be one of the most stressful, emotional, scary times of her entire life.

Any normal person would’ve recognised that and it wouldn’t cross their mind to bother her with something so inane and selfish but Polly and her mum clearly have no regard for anybody but themselves.

It says so much about them that she did this hahahahahahahaha honestly it’s living rent free in my mind. How EMBARRASSING for them!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Just went back on Twitter Polly Exposed said she’s on her skiing holiday. I thought that was at the end of this month though
I remember from her diary that yesterday was man buns bday, if they didnt broke up over this theycelebrated his bday I assume

Reactions: 5
I haven’t unfollowed yet due to the private account and I expect this is VERY common!

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.