Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same. No offence but every time I get a notification for this thread I get excited and then it’s just someone posting about how they weren’t bigoted as a teen.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I think Polly is shooting herself in the foot here tbh because she clearly thinks waiting it out in silence is the right thing to do but I feel like she's just prolonging another furore. The Twitter account about her has over a thousand followers now and the second she's active again I think it will all kick off again tbh, especially if she just posts something like business as normal and doesn't address it people will be furious again. Idk what advice she's taken but this approach seems really unwise to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The silence from her is annoying but I'm not entirely sure what else she could do. There was so much hate speech that she cannot possibly justify or excuse it and she knows that. There's nothing she can say to make the situation better she potentially lost her employees... the best thing to do would be to announce closure and shut the business, but being that she lives away from home, rents etc I imagine she is biding her time so she can make plans for new job etc and using the little income she has left to sustain that in the meantime.

Surely this has to be the only logical reason haha she cannot for a second think that this silence will allow her to continue business somehow

Reactions: 11
There's absolutely no way she's going to close Sighh. Firstly, she has her awful mother in her ear telling her she did nothing wrong and it's 10 years ago and how dare the big mean baddies online care about something she wrote as a teenager. Secondly, Jess Rose waited it out and now her business is flourishing again. She is very obviously hoping that if she waits a bit it will all die down, I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to just never address it again

• Angry
Reactions: 26
I wouldn’t be surprised if people are still ordering and things are ticking over to be honest. Some people are going to be none the wiser because of how she didn’t address it on Sighh. So maybe she will keep going until people do forget about this/her business and then she will have to ramp it up. Maybe she’s getting enough sales from those sponsored ads

And by sponsored ads I mean the ones she’s paying for Sighh not her influencer payments etc.

Reactions: 8
I wouldn’t be surprised if people are still ordering and things are ticking over to be honest. Some people are going to be none the wiser because of how she didn’t address it on Sighh. So maybe she will keep going until people do forget about this/her business and then she will have to ramp it up. Maybe she’s getting enough sales from those sponsored ads

And by sponsored ads I mean the ones she’s paying for Sighh not her influencer payments etc.
I just checked and she's not actually running any Facebook or Instagram ads at the moment for Sighh. Aside from those Facebook posts (which automatically update when you connect your Shopify catalogue to Facebook and change the product price on Shopify), there's no paid or organic marketing going on. I think she's trying to keep as low a profile as possible for now and will probably temporarily close her shop once the diary orders are shifted (and the cancellations/returns are processed).

Reactions: 2

Also there's probably customers that don't follow Polly or Sighh on social media and just see it as a stationery business :/

Reactions: 7
There's absolutely no way she's going to close Sighh. Firstly, she has her awful mother in her ear telling her she did nothing wrong and it's 10 years ago and how dare the big mean baddies online care about something she wrote as a teenager. Secondly, Jess Rose waited it out and now her business is flourishing again. She is very obviously hoping that if she waits a bit it will all die down, I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to just never address it again
precisely this. makes me regret spending energy on being so annoyed about it because it mostly just ends in very little. at least in Elle Darby/JR and now potentially Polly's case (to name a few!)

it also makes me wonder who are these people still supporting these businesses when they know what horrible things have been said by the owners. I'm just so annoyed.

Reactions: 4
She literally has no choice but to make Sighh work, no employer will touch her with a barge poll now. It’s the first thing employers do nowadays is google someone and it will all come up

When you google her name, the first 3 things that come up are about it and then this thread

Reactions: 14
She literally has no choice but to make Sighh work, no employer will touch her with a barge poll now. It’s the first thing employers do nowadays is google someone and it will all come up
I don't think employers do this as often as you would like. I'm just one person but nowhere I have worked in the past decade or so has ever done this. Perhaps if the job relates back to sm itself, like sm manager or marketer.

Someone wrote that they think Polly is getting things in order for a new job and although I wish that were true, she doesn't seem like the kind of person who would accept to be someone else's employee. Not with the level of entitlement shown by both her and her mother.

Reactions: 8
I don't think employers do this as often as you would like. I'm just one person but nowhere I have worked in the past decade or so has ever done this. Perhaps if the job relates back to sm itself, like sm manager or marketer.

Someone wrote that they think Polly is getting things in order for a new job and although I wish that were true, she doesn't seem like the kind of person who would accept to be someone else's employee. Not with the level of entitlement shown by both her and her mother.
This is true. unfortunately most places have people who say and do racist things, even if they don't realise they are being racist. every day stuff that white people think is a "joke" or ok to say because "everyone says it." most managers aren't googling every body they employ . they've probably said some awful tit themselves

Reactions: 1
I imagine someone might Google her if she did apply for a job simply because she would have to say she ran Sighh - otherwise she would have literally no work experience on her CV - and then it would all appear. I’d definitely Google someone who applied for a job saying they had their own business, just out of interest to see what it was like

Reactions: 16
Honestly, I know of no singular Tattle Thread that has been effective as this one obviously has.

I often wish for places like this to become more than talking shops with funny/cathartic commentary that run on for years and years with no impact but it has become so anti-climatic and it certainly feels that way.

Of course, reposting those screenshots was the right thing to do but there's a curious part of me that wonders what would've happened, or would be happening rn on this day, in a parallel universe if we'd never known.

This has obviously changed things forever now and I'd like to thank @cass87 for having a real world impact 👏

Reactions: 13
Honestly, I know of no singular Tattle Thread that has been effective as this one obviously has.

I often wish for places like this to become more than talking shops with funny/cathartic commentary that run on for years and years with no impact but it has become so anti-climatic and it certainly feels that way.

Of course, reposting those screenshots was the right thing to do but there's a curious part of me that wonders what would've happened, or would be happening rn on this day, in a parallel universe if we'd never known.

This has obviously changed things forever now and I'd like to thank @cass87 for having a real world impact 👏
pleaaase get urself over to the elle darby threads - lost 100k followers in a week or two for similar racist tweets! fair warning though it started on #39 we're now on #53...

Reactions: 5
pleaaase get urself over to the elle darby threads - lost 100k followers in a week or two for similar racist tweets! fair warning though it started on #39 we're now on #53...
Oh don't worry I shall 😂

I've been skimming through this thread and the thing that everybody is missing is that our efforts have not been futile and even if there is a return of vadadz (to the tune of return of the mack🎶), then the Polly Vadasz exposed account is surely just a ticking time bomb for her, though I'd be remiss to suggest that was the only one, the only tool in our arsenal or even the only option that we've actually got.

Another thing, I've noticed that it took nine months from the creation of the oG Polly tattle thread to the revelations... the same time that it takes to birth a child lol 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Just a quick thought, has anybody considered creating a wiki if we do indeed have the capability to do so?

As I think that it would leave us in a far stronger position if we had.

Do we @mods?

Just a quick thought, has anybody considered creating a wiki if we do indeed have the capability to do so?

Do we @mods?
I think someone has already made one

Do we @mods?

That’s the wiki that I added the absolute bare minimum to, if someone has time to add screenshots etc that would be fab. I don’t know how you then get it linked at the top of the page

That’s the wiki that I added the absolute bare minimum to, if someone has time to add screenshots etc that would be fab. I don’t know how you then get it linked at the top of the page
I'm presuming that a mod can help with that and I'll try to add some screenshots/other things as soon as I can :]

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.