Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Furnessian

VIP Member
Does anyone know if Peacocks sell their larger sizes (I believe they go up to a 22) in the shops or only online? I would like to try a couple of the dresses that Poppy Adams advertised yesterday (I know, but she will never wear them herself) but I only have a limited time in the UK and not really enough to order online, try on and send back.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member

fusspot

I love Linen tops; I have a couple that I got from Next ages ago (size 18).
I get them out every summer and they go with anything.
The only thing is, they crease so badly! I start off looking crisp and fresh and end up looking like a crumpled rag 😂

Em_

VIP Member
I like Shein too but it is hit and miss and I think as long as you're aware of this, it's fine. The sizing is largely unreliable and the quality varies massively. If I do a big order and find one or two things to keep from that then it has been a success. Their knitwear is absolutely fabulous. though. I don't want to spend a lot on shrugs and cardies to go over dresses and Shein ones are cheap and cute.

I also love Asda and Sainsbury's for stuff and can't wait to come back to the UK in a few weeks and see what they have.

Are you able to order from Eloquii in the UK?
I've just had a look and no you can't. I'm going to Florida in December so I will have a look whilst I'm out there

20% off ASOS tonight 7-9pm code "SUNNY"
Thank you, I'm going to have a look now and get my basket ready for later

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I have the snag in to lengths, the long ones are too long tbh, I don’t wear maxi dresses. The regular ones are good, stay in place, wash well.

Chip1984

VIP Member
Don’t know if they’ve been mentioned but am a bit disillusioned with snag tights. There’s SUCH a gulf between E and F
Apparently sizes F and above are made with more stretch to them. My Fs keep riding up so they advised me to try an E, but I'm a bit put off by your comment now incase they are too small. Should maybe give better tights a try instead.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Has anyone ordered clothes from Topsy Curvy? They have some really nice pieces but a lot of them are synthetic material which makes me a sweaty beast 🤣 But they have some gorgeous leggings at good prices.

Shire-life

Hello, back again 😂

I ordered some lovely sandals from Fit Flop. Unfortunately they don't fit my swollen trotters so need to go back.

I really need additional support in shoes due to having bad flat feet. Yours have some looking sandals but look like they have next to no support. Sometimes I use insoles but that's obviously not an option with sandals insoles 😂 Hotter shoes also don't seem to offer the same support and, dare I say it, look a bit old lady like.

Has anyone found stylish sandals that come with similar support to Fit Flop that fit wide feet?
I was looking into this yesterday as want sandals with/without orthotics. Some are quite expensive but look at Gabor, Remonte, Fidelio, Waldlaufer, Finn comfort, Xsensible, Joya.

biscuitthief

I love my Jenny Jeggings from Yours. They are a stretchy skinny jean and so comfortable. They do normal skinny jeans as well.

Loubell83

VIP Member
Thank you. My fear is the band, I’m wondering if I need to go bigger than 40 because sports wear is always on the small side
Personally I found shock absorber true to size. I agree you could get a bra extender to give you the extra few hooks though!

Applina89

Is it this one? It seems to have quite bad reviews. There are so many crap Chinese sites now I only buy from high street or big online brands I know.
That’s the one! Definitely mixed reviews. I might order a few bits from there and see what they’re like? Hoping they’re hit more than miss 😊

You have the same problem as me. I'm also 5'10" and I find normal clothes are generally a little short but LTS is too long.

The other issue I have is that my height seems to be in my body. Most shops these days do longer length in trousers but tops are still way behind. I usually end up with a top just sitting above my waist and sleeves way above my wrists.

Curvissa have some nice dresses at the moment. I was looking this morning.

Fellow 5”10 long body girl here! My torso is definitely long in proportion to my legs. Jeans shopping is a nightmare. I usually go high waisted, but then the waist is too loose, so I’ll maybe size down and then they’re too tight around the bum and thighs! 😅

Glaschelle

VIP Member
I know Dorothy Perkins and Debenhams are online but it's not the same as having a wander or a feel of the material.

But I will have a wee look and see if I can spot anything

Em_

VIP Member
Has anyone bought from the brand Lola May Curve on Asos? I have my eye on a couple of dresses, but worried they'll be that material that cling to you.
Never heard of them, just had a look and I like some of the dresses.