Plus size fashion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry if this is derailing on this thread at all but I really need some advice for any fellow plus size ladies (or men!) who have had a spray tan? I’ve booked to get one but I’m now so nervous wondering how it’ll be in a bigger body. Like.. having some rolls or folds? Has anyone ever experienced this? Maybe I should cancel and do it myself? I have the fear.

Also I love h and m for their oversized plain T-shirts, go up to a 4XL

Reactions: 1
Thank you,
I’m sorry if this is derailing on this thread at all but I really need some advice for any fellow plus size ladies (or men!) who have had a spray tan? I’ve booked to get one but I’m now so nervous wondering how it’ll be in a bigger body. Like.. having some rolls or folds? Has anyone ever experienced this? Maybe I should cancel and do it myself? I have the fear.

I'll have a look at h&m.

I'm no help re a spray tan as I've never had one.

I've had a few when I was younger. Just a case of moving how they tell you and lifting anything that might leave a white bit otherwise

• Heart

Please don’t worry they spray people of all shapes and sizes. You can use their paper knickers or keep your own on. I was asked to stand in a booth and stand on some sticky foot pads and they get you lift your arm up and stand as though you are about to do a hamstring squat. Then also tilt your neck back and other positions. The only thing I will say is that it can be cold. Please don’t be put off - let us know how you get on 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I agree with the other posts, please don’t feel embarrassed etc. I’ve had many spray tans, honestly takes 5 mins! They honestly aren’t paying attention to you’re body shape or size, they are just making sure the tan is even and that they have got everywhere they should. I wear my own underwear (thong) and it covers thetop of my belly. Just because it makes me feel a bit more comfortable, and I know I’m not going to have my belly on show! I also normally don’t wear a bra either! I completely understand how you’re feeling though, I used to feel like it, I even used one of the automatic ones at a local tanning salon, they are good, but they aren’t as even so do prefer going to someone. A tan always makes me feel a million times better! Let us now how you get on 💕

• Heart
You guys are honestly the sweetest thank you! I feel so much better hearing your thoughts and experiences. I’m trying to be more comfortable in my body as part of that I’m going to get my legs out in a dress next weekend so I thought I would feel more confident with a tan. It’s next Friday after work so I’ll report back. Thank you guys so much 💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've seen a couple of light cotton tunic style tops on Zara that I really like. Haven't bought anything there in years so not sure of sizing and they're marked "larger than usual fit". Chances of an xl fitting a size 18?
(I know I could just order but returns are a hassle because of where I live)

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good sports bra, I am a G in cup size and really struggle to find one that gives enough support

Thanks!

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good sports bra, I am a G in cup size and really struggle to find one that gives enough support

Thanks!
Marks used to have a double pack with a zip up the front I always found good but I’m not sure how good they are now it’s good move. I sadly am now a J cup so don’t have a fit.

Hi

Thanks!
Panache sports bras are honestly incredible, I have 4 of them. They are true to size, great for high impact and have j hook fastenings at the back to make them racerback if needed (this actually gives extra support). Not cheap but worth every penny x

Panache sports bras are honestly incredible, I have 4 of them. They are true to size, great for high impact and have j hook fastenings at the back to make them racerback if needed (this actually gives extra support). Not cheap but worth every penny x
I second panache. I got the underwired one, which sounds horrific, but is amazing and so comfy. I did have to size down in the cup as the girls have hit the the droopy bottom heavy era

I've seen a couple of light cotton tunic style tops on Zara that I really like. Haven't bought anything there in years so not sure of sizing and they're marked "larger than usual fit". Chances of an xl fitting a size 18?
(I know I could just order but returns are a hassle because of where I live)
So I ordered both items and they fit perfectly 👌 Delighted!

Reactions: 6
Enell do amazing sports bras if you are a larger cup. All front fastening so are really easy to put on. It's the only one that supports me when running and I'm a JJ cup.

I came here to say Panache too. I’m an HH cup and I love mine.

Have you a link please? Sounds like the sort of thing I’m looking for.
The first is very open at the bottom so I'll wear it over jeans and a cami.
The second is extremely fine, light cotton. A dream to iron.
I like them both a lot!

I swear there is nothing in the shops for plus size women with big boobs. All tops end up like cropped tops showing off my gut or they have no stretch in them so I have no hope of getting into them. I tried men’s T-shirts but the neckline is too high.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I swear there is nothing in the shops for plus size women with big boobs. All tops end up like cropped tops showing off my gut or they have no stretch in them so I have no hope of getting into them. I tried men’s T-shirts but the neckline is too high.
Agree. I haven't worn a dress in donkeys years, I don't want anything fitted to emphasise my bust but anything not fitted just hangs from my boots and looks like a maternity outfit. I did see a brand doing a range called Fuller Bust but I can't remember where??

Can I ask all those who don't do skirts/dresses what you're wearing in this ungodly heat?

I broke & ordered some nice jogger/coulette style trousers from Yours today. But I think I'll need to invest in some other pieces as my old faithful jeggings were not fun today 🥵

My body shape is apple and I'm a size 18/20 in case there's any other dress/skirt haters out there.

There are a few places that do a fuller bust range but they seem to cater more for people who have a smaller frame and a big bust so still too small for me!

I’m usually a dress/skirt hater and will wear chinos, cargo pants or culottes if it’s too warm for jeans.

As much as I’m not keen on dresses or skirts I do think they are more flattering on a big gut. I’ve been looking a maxi dress or skirt for this heat but struggling due to my boobs!

Reactions: 5
@Boogs Thanks for the tips. Deep down I know wearing a dress would be the easier solution but my brain just pushes back against it. I like the idea of wearing them but know they would fall to the back of wardrobe before I eventually try to flog them on Vinted 🤣

Reactions: 2