Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

soph30

VIP Member
Swimwear. I’m a 38FF, what out of large extra large 18 20 etc can I get away with in a top, and which brands are good?
I shouldn’t even bother ordering a size 16 bikini from PLT that includes the top right. It’s so pretty tho…

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Anyone got any recommendations for IG accounts that do fashion you can wear in an office? I’ve always just gone for black black and more black, mainly dresses but I really want to try and look more stylish. Our office dress code is relaxed but I prefer to be on the smarter side, so I personally choose not to wear jeans although we’re allowed to

unidentified

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend wide fit shoes? I also suffer with lymphedema and have awful fatty cankles and feet so finding a nice shoe is bloomin’ difficult. I lived in Red or Dead but they stopped trading and it is killing me ☹

biscuitthief

Can anyone recommend wide fit shoes? I also suffer with lymphedema and have awful fatty cankles and feet so finding a nice shoe is bloomin’ difficult. I lived in Red or Dead but they stopped trading and it is killing me ☹
I've always bought shoes from Simply Be or Evans as they often have EE or EEE fit. Simply Be shoes are a bit hit and miss quality wise so I always check any reviews before buying. I still have a pair of ankle boots from Evans I bought about 6 years ago that are still going strong.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Yes me. Wore mine in a water park all day and didn’t worry about getting sunburnt or exposing my front bottom area at any point. 10/10.
Yes! Straps getting loose/baps out and crotch getting loose/flaps out are my concerns, can’t believe I’ve struggled in traditional swimming costumes.
Did you size up? I’m short and basically as wide as I am tall.

Applina89

I live in France and am desperate to find a proper swimming costume, as in one where I can actually swim vigorously in regularly instead of just lounging by the pool and doing the odd leisurely length or two/splashing about. I don’t want anything that has tummy flattening panels but it needs to be able to support ( and cover!) some pretty big boobs ( G cup). I am a size 28. Not really a fan of bikinis and would prefer block/solid colour.
I’m looking for swimwear too! I’ve had a look at the usual Next and M&S but they all seem a bit basic? Ideally I’m looking for a bikini but one with good coverage that will actually cover my cheeks! 😅 Have you had a look at Yours? They have some options but not sure if they ship internationally?

Em_

VIP Member
My favourite comfy oversize top is from them. I got it a couple of years back and it gets constant wear. Also have a couple of decent midi dresses which have lasted well and are true to size.
Thank you, I'll have a proper look sat their site

Em_

VIP Member
I'm so tight, but I'll go to £30, I know that's not a lot.
Thanks I've got the pink zebra print maxi from Sainsburys that Hinder shared. I will have a look at the weekend.

I live in Primark leggings, so comfy. Have a look at Poppy's friend if you want your eyes opening, I'm not her biggest fan.
Hinder surprise is great for fashion imo.
I meant poppy Adams thread, not friend

I have that dress too but I'm yet to wear it. It's gorgeous.

There's a nice looking zebra print shirt dress on New Look curves website at the moment. I think £30 is about the price I'd pay, so I don’t think you're tight!
I’ll have a look, thank you

noseyhunx

I am absolutely loving midi skirts just now! I am very fussy though.. it needs to have a drape or knot/detail at the tum(to hide/distract) and I like a slit in the leg. These are super popular just now but struggling to get any in my size. I bought one from River Island last week and it was just over 5 inches smaller than the one from sainsburys I have in the same size😫 asos have lots but they seem to always be going out of sizes on the same day they’re apparently new in! Finding that with asos swim wear too - never have my size left!
Holiday shop search continues…

orangelolly

Chatty Member
Has anyone ever tried Halara leggings/trousers? Keep seeing them pop up on social media and wondered if they were worth a try

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Just wanted to say thank you to the posters who answered my question the other day. I'm on a bit of a Vinted obsession at the moment and hoping to pick up a couple of pairs of cullottes on there 👍

On an aside - which style of shoes would you wear with them? I can't wear open toed shoes to work so no sandals or similar style as the whole foot needs to be covered. I prefer Skechers/FitFlop shoes as they give a bit of extra support to my flat feet but I'm unsure how they'll look with cullottes.

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
Not strictly plus size related but what’s everyone’s thoughts on the Ugg Tasmans or similar dupes? I love them but I can’t get past thinking that people are going to know I’ve gone out in slippers😬

Boohoo ones for an example. But I wouldn’t wear them with socks like that I don’t think😆

Attachments

Em_

VIP Member
I haven’t seen any in a while, I’ve been sticking to oversized shirts left open with plain T-shirts underneath
They are difficult to find, I’ve got a few shirts, but in the summer it will be too warm. I might have to look at yours.

GossBoss

VIP Member
What size do Snag tights/chub rub shorts go up to, please? I think in an earlier post, it was said that an E is an 18, so, at a size 26/28, I would be an I or a J. I have always wanted to try them, as they have so many fun colours!

Make sure you rinse them after every use in cool/cold water to get the chlorine/salt water out of them, then leave to dry flat.
I'd say size down, I got a D at size 14/16 but have since bought a C which fits much better although I am a little smaller too now but I found they were a big fit. Brilliant though! Wear dresses so much more now

aalmaalm

VIP Member
Heyyy just searched this on the off chance! Need some inspo pleaseeee. What can I wear to a bottomless brunch. Nothing to dressy but not to casual 😂 I bought a smock dress from primark and sized up as primark normally comes up small but it’s to big! But I think the XL will be a bit tight!! I was going to wear it with sandals and denim jacket! I’m always stuck for what kind of top to wear if I wear jeans!

Chip1984

VIP Member
Does anyone recommend Big Bloomers Co. for tights? I've had it with Snag - my last few pairs have got holes in after only one or two wears. Same happened with pairs from Better tights. I've either got pins growing out of my legs that I don't know about or the quality has gone downhill!

muncher

New look also have linen and cotton shirts, I have an oversized 18 and its huge, they have them in the plus range too.