Plus size fashion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like the look of oversized tshirts and cycling shorts, but even though I wear leggings I'm nervous to wear cycling shorts or any shorts. I'm also 42 so not sure if I'm too old for them.
I’m over 50 & I wear them. It’s a nice look. I think the big t shirts / shirts look better with shorts than leggings.
But a cheap pair of shorts & wear them round the house and then to Sainsburys etc. you’ll soon realise that no one really cares. And I bet you’ll look great.

Reactions: 5
I got some cycling shorts from h&m last year that went down to just above my knee - great if you are conscious of your thighs like I am.

The posted who asked about leggings - i recommend love leggings. They're a bit pricier at about £25 a pair but they aren't see-through and are high rise.

Reactions: 3
I’m over 50 & I wear them. It’s a nice look. I think the big t shirts / shirts look better with shorts than leggings.
But a cheap pair of shorts & wear them round the house and then to Sainsburys etc. you’ll soon realise that no one really cares. And I bet you’ll look great.
I'll have a look when I'm next in primark for a pair, I thonknod prefer to wear them next time we have a heat wave

Reactions: 1
Heyyy just searched this on the off chance! Need some inspo pleaseeee. What can I wear to a bottomless brunch. Nothing to dressy but not to casual 😂 I bought a smock dress from primark and sized up as primark normally comes up small but it’s to big! But I think the XL will be a bit tight!! I was going to wear it with sandals and denim jacket! I’m always stuck for what kind of top to wear if I wear jeans!

Just wanted to say thank you to the posters who answered my question the other day. I'm on a bit of a Vinted obsession at the moment and hoping to pick up a couple of pairs of cullottes on there 👍

On an aside - which style of shoes would you wear with them? I can't wear open toed shoes to work so no sandals or similar style as the whole foot needs to be covered. I prefer Skechers/FitFlop shoes as they give a bit of extra support to my flat feet but I'm unsure how they'll look with cullottes.

Heyyy just searched this on the off chance! Need some inspo pleaseeee. What can I wear to a bottomless brunch. Nothing to dressy but not to casual 😂 I bought a smock dress from primark and sized up as primark normally comes up small but it’s to big! But I think the XL will be a bit tight!! I was going to wear it with sandals and denim jacket! I’m always stuck for what kind of top to wear if I wear jeans!
I'd say a midi dress that you can dress up.or down. Do you like patterned dresses or just plain? I despise Poppy Adams but she did a reel with gifted sainsburys dresses and I'd say you could dress them up or down.

• Heart
I'd say a midi dress that you can dress up.or down. Do you like patterned dresses or just plain? I despise Poppy Adams but she did a reel with gifted sainsburys dresses and I'd say you could dress them up or down.
I prefer plain, buttt it does depend on the pattern 😂. I have some flared leggings which can be dressed up or down, I’m just struggling to find a nice top to go with them! I absolutely hate my arms so wouldn’t want them out. Maybe a blouse or a cami top and wear a denim jacket. But if it gets quite warm I won’t want to take my jacket off!

I prefer plain, buttt it does depend on the pattern 😂. I have some flared leggings which can be dressed up or down, I’m just struggling to find a nice top to go with them! I absolutely hate my arms so wouldn’t want them out. Maybe a blouse or a cami top and wear a denim jacket. But if it gets quite warm I won’t want to take my jacket off!
I'm the same, I like to cover my arms.

Just wanted to say thank you to the posters who answered my question the other day. I'm on a bit of a Vinted obsession at the moment and hoping to pick up a couple of pairs of cullottes on there 👍

On an aside - which style of shoes would you wear with them? I can't wear open toed shoes to work so no sandals or similar style as the whole foot needs to be covered. I prefer Skechers/FitFlop shoes as they give a bit of extra support to my flat feet but I'm unsure how they'll look with cullottes.
I would wear loafers with culottes if its for work, otherwise trainers.

Can anyone recommend places to get plus size maternity wear? Managing fine just now in my own oversized stuff but not sure for how long. Or am I better just sizing up?

Can anyone recommend places to get plus size maternity wear? Managing fine just now in my own oversized stuff but not sure for how long. Or am I better just sizing up?
I’m an 18/20 and here’s some places I got stuff in 2022 when I was pregnant.

Asda - got tops and some maternity bras
Sainsbury’s - they had good maternity leggings
Dorothy Perkins - fantastic maternity jeans - worn them in both my pregnancies. Also a good range of tops
ASOS have good maternity vest tops but only go to a 20 I think?

I know yours clothing have the bump it up maternity range but I thought it was quite pricey personally but I’ve heard good things about the jeans in that range.

Hope that helps - hope you have a fabulous and healthy pregnancy 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've not had to buy maternity since 2019 and found new look and asos the best for plus size maternity, but I was an 18.
---
I forgot about asda they were good and reasonably priced, it's all online.
Boohoo also did plus size maternity back then.

• Heart
Yours do maternity wear, I’m not sure what they are like though but I did have a nosey as I’m TTC

Does anyone know where you can get any decent plus size leggings but in short leg lengths? I'm 5ft4 but my legs are really short and I can't find any that fit nicely. I like them to sit just above my ankles as I hate having to turn them up if they're too long

I buy the capri leggings from llama leisure.com the full length ones are way to long on me but the capri are a nice crop length (definitely crop though!) And they are the softest most comfortable leggings ever.
---
My leg right now!

20230503_131417.jpg

Reactions: 3
Does anyone know where you can get any decent plus size leggings but in short leg lengths? I'm 5ft4 but my legs are really short and I can't find any that fit nicely. I like them to sit just above my ankles as I hate having to turn them up if they're too long
I have the same problem, why do plus size clothing manufacturers think plus size also means 6ft tall!!! Next, petite range goes up to a size 24. They sit nicely, and are lovely quality, I have had the same 2 pairs for 3 years.

Reactions: 2
I have the same problem, why do plus size clothing manufacturers think plus size also means 6ft tall!!! Next, petite range goes up to a size 24. They sit nicely, and are lovely quality, I have had the same 2 pairs for 3 years.

And for tops, it’s the opposite. They think every plus sized person has the shortest torso going or don’t mind showing off their belly shelf. I’m 5’8 and just go for dresses now because I’m fed up trying to find tops that cover my minge area

Make longer tops guys! You will sell out.

Reactions: 12
And for tops, it’s the opposite. They think every plus sized person has the shortest torso going or don’t mind showing off their belly shelf. I’m 5’8 and just go for dresses now because I’m fed up trying to find tops that cover my minge area

Yes to this! It's very annoying when trying to buy any tops.

Reactions: 5

Yes! This. I'm 5'8 and have the exact same problem. Yours's basic longline cami tops are great as they are that bit longer than standard camis. Simply Be tops are the worst! Size up and they get wider but not longer 😠

I'm also fed up with long sleeves that are more like 3/4 sleeves! I have long arms too damn it!

Yes! This. I'm 5'8 and have the exact same problem. Yours's basic longline cami tops are great as they are that bit longer than standard camis. Simply Be tops are the worst! Size up and they get wider but not longer 😠

I'm also fed up with long sleeves that are more like 3/4 sleeves! I have long arms too damn it!
I have the opposite problem, sleeves are far too long for me