Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shrimper

Sorry if I’m not posting in the right place - I know the person in the photo is not plus size but I’m a size 16-18 and would love to find this dress if anyone knows where it is from?? I feel like I’ve looked everywhere 😫
BEA1CA13-F58C-4AAB-80BA-CE6D09F0A07A.jpeg

Turmeric123

VIP Member
Yours can be iffy on sizes i never know which size I need so I order 2 different sizes and send one back 🤣🤣
I totally get that I have same jeans in 2 colours and they are 2 different sizes- both same style and fit but they wash well and they are comfy so I don't mind

Chip1984

VIP Member
Has anyone bought from the brand Lola May Curve on Asos? I have my eye on a couple of dresses, but worried they'll be that material that cling to you.

Em_

VIP Member
Happy birthday to you and @Tharsheblows 🥳 for tomorrow! Hope you both have a lovely day!

Ahh, I’m now 43 and get my arms out, I genuinely was petrified all my life, I was the one sweating with a cover up on nights out in the summertime and I’m not sure what gave me the courage or to stop giving a fuck, but now I wear sleeveless dresses and vest tops and I am so chuffed with myself. I’d be lying if I said a tiny part of me was still paranoid but I promise, it gets easier each time. We are just as worthy as every other human being 🧡 and I know that now… took me 43 years, all of those being told I was not worthy, ugly, fat, no one would love me, would get the piss ripped out of me, but I’m absolutely loved, and worthy (a lot of years of therapy for me to say that!) despite my bingo wings 🥰

I hope you release those arms soon 💓 (I mean this in an encouraging way, hope that’s coming across) 💓
It does come across as encouraging, I think as I get older I care less about what others think

Happy birthday 🥳 for tomorrow @Em_ I loved being 42. Hope all your birthday wishes come true ❤😘 ps by my going only 6 more years until the bingo wings can be released 🤪🤪 xx

Thank you 🥰🥰🥰 tomorrow is another day and fingers crossed it’s another win 😘😘
Happy Birthday to you for tomorrow, hope you have a lovely day. It's supposed to be cooler tomorrow 🎊

Em_

VIP Member
Resurrecting this thread as i need a rant and some recommendations.
I’m nearly bursting out of my size 18 jeans and the 1 pair that fit have worn holes on the inner thighs 😩 went into next and newlook as I like their jeans and know certain ones fit well. There were no jeans over an 18 and only a few pairs of 18s, nothing above a 14 in next. New look has scrapped their plus size section too. I hate buying online but now I have no choice.
can anyone recommend any comfy skinny jeans (no other styles suit me at all) that are no more than £30?I Like new look Hallie but they all seem to have rips. Trying to lose weight but it takes a lot for me to go down a size so need some to put me on.
I ordered a maxi dress from new look in a 20 and it's smock style so far too big. I was hoping I'd be able to exchange it in store, but if they don't have the curves range in I probably won't be able to now.

Sorry, I'm no help with jeans I don't wear them anymore, but have you tried asda they tend to stock up to a 22.

MJx

Chatty Member
Thank you. My fear is the band, I’m wondering if I need to go bigger than 40 because sports wear is always on the small side

Boogs

VIP Member
Where do you buy T-shirts from? I’ve got huge boobs which means that lots of t shirts end up too short or tight on me. I bought a few from New Look in December and they all have loads of holes in them! I don’t think it’s moths as it’s only these t shirts, I wash my clothes at 40 degrees, use fairy non bio and air dry them so think the holes are more likely due to them being poor quality. Honestly I don’t expect a T-shirt that cost £20 to have less than 6 months wear! Has anyone else had similar issues with New Look?

dee_mc

VIP Member
I'm a big fan of Tesco skinny jeans (not real denim type, soft jegging type but with zip and pickets).
Also like M&S Ivy skinnies but the sizing is inconsistent so definitely need to try on every pair, and the softness is inconsistent too.

Kam2243

I’m 5ft 5” and size 18. I can never find clothes that fit my legs length wise. Why do clothing shops think plus sizes are 6ft tall!!! Maxi dresses drag on the floor and leggings are baggy round the ankles. The only place I found that do good length leggings that fit are Next petite range but they are expensive.

I like to hide my stomach area andhave a 38FF bust, so like things snug there but loose around my tummy. Will check out your recommendations!!!

Catherine_the_great

Can anyone recommend places to get plus size maternity wear? Managing fine just now in my own oversized stuff but not sure for how long. Or am I better just sizing up?

Aceofspades

Chatty Member
Thank you. My fear is the band, I’m wondering if I need to go bigger than 40 because sports wear is always on the small side
I’d say worth a shot. Obviously don’t want it mega tight but needs to be snug as you’ll get your support mostly from the band.

PaulineMole

I live in France and am desperate to find a proper swimming costume, as in one where I can actually swim vigorously in regularly instead of just lounging by the pool and doing the odd leisurely length or two/splashing about. I don’t want anything that has tummy flattening panels but it needs to be able to support ( and cover!) some pretty big boobs ( G cup). I am a size 28. Not really a fan of bikinis and would prefer block/solid colour.
Not sure if these will ship you but yours have several in size 28 also https://www.bonprix.co.uk/womens/swimwear/plus-size/_/N-19Z1z140t5Z1z13zjbZ1z14193

I actually just googled size 28 plus swimsuit France and got lots of results of both uk and eu sites that post to France

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
@Mr Krabs I do have a dress I can wear but I get really self conscious showing off my legs, partly because I'm chunky but also because I get really bad bruises on my legs. Usually I wear tights with a dress but think that would be even hotter than wearing the leggings!