Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Em_

VIP Member
Thank you,
I’m sorry if this is derailing on this thread at all but I really need some advice for any fellow plus size ladies (or men!) who have had a spray tan? I’ve booked to get one but I’m now so nervous wondering how it’ll be in a bigger body. Like.. having some rolls or folds? Has anyone ever experienced this? Maybe I should cancel and do it myself? I have the fear.

Also I love h and m for their oversized plain T-shirts, go up to a 4XL
I'll have a look at h&m.

I'm no help re a spray tan as I've never had one.

dee_mc

VIP Member
I've seen a couple of light cotton tunic style tops on Zara that I really like. Haven't bought anything there in years so not sure of sizing and they're marked "larger than usual fit". Chances of an xl fitting a size 18?
(I know I could just order but returns are a hassle because of where I live)

Turmeric123

VIP Member
thank god for this thread!
so, have dreamed of owning a pair of dungaree since I was a child. Never bought them coz I just assumed they’d look ridiculous.
Took the plunge, fully expecting to laugh at myself and then return them, and strike them from my wish list forever.
But…. I kinda love them, and can’t decide whether that’s just coz I love dungarees or whether they actually look ok.
Be honest, do I just look like someone who sings the wheels on the bus four times a day?
They look good on you 😍

Clickbait

VIP Member
For me I want to wear bottoms like jeans and bikini bottoms that give you no muffin top at all- even if you buy a size an inch under your waist measurement it makes your tummy poke out. But if you buy a size an inch over both jeans and bikini bottoms are too big, so they slip/fall down :( :)
For bikini bottoms I think you just need to find the right cut. If you go for full briefs or high-waisted they should be true to size. I’ve just come back from holiday (26w) and managed to use all my pre-pregnancy bikini tops and bottoms because they could go over my bump rather than rolling down it.

I got some Levis 721 high rise from SimplyBe (I’m 5’5” and size 16) which are great, really comfy, slight stretch but not so much so that they wear badly, no muffin top. They do them in a skinny and straight leg, they did have 3 colours too from what I remember (2 shades of blue and a black).

For those asking about maxi dresses that are long enough but not too long - I got some really nice ones in 2019 from Very. Not shopped there before but would recommend: good quality, reasonable price, don’t see loads of other people wearing the same dress.

Officedoor123

VIP Member
I swear there is nothing in the shops for plus size women with big boobs. All tops end up like cropped tops showing off my gut or they have no stretch in them so I have no hope of getting into them. I tried men’s T-shirts but the neckline is too high.
Agree. I haven't worn a dress in donkeys years, I don't want anything fitted to emphasise my bust but anything not fitted just hangs from my boots and looks like a maternity outfit. I did see a brand doing a range called Fuller Bust but I can't remember where??

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Has anyone tried the Shein all in one swimmers - like a mini wetsuit? I like the idea of arms and shorts for the local swimming pool

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
Sorry if I’m not posting in the right place - I know the person in the photo is not plus size but I’m a size 16-18 and would love to find this dress if anyone knows where it is from?? I feel like I’ve looked everywhere 😫
View attachment 1423759
It’s not that actual dress but kind of similar:

Goes up to a size 18.

Em_

VIP Member
Missguided went into administration but they’ve got a big clearance sale on at the minute. Get 70% off everything when you use take70 code. It’s a bit risky, as you probably won’t be able to return stuff, but I just got £100 worth of stuff for £30 including jeans and leggings from their plus size range and sandals.
Thsanks, are they still delivering the clothes then? What sare the sizings like? I ordered from them years ago but returned the clothes and I can't remember why.

Em_

VIP Member
You’re not alone, I’m exactly the same. Isn’t it some kind of fucked up though that a supposed plus size clothing brand makes us feel that way! I just don’t understand why they can’t be consistent across the board, and actual sizes that they claim to be.

In looking for that zebra dress, I’m so tempted myself by the ASOS one, it’s so lush! I don’t need it… I just really like it! 🤪
I agree The size gs should be the same.

I’m a bad influence, so I’d say buy it

Last edited:

Em_

VIP Member
Can any of you ladies recommend where to get a plus size ‘bum bag’ from? Going to Disney World on holiday and fancy a bum bag thing time rather than a backpack.
When are you going? I'm going in December and would love to know how it was for you with rides etc? I'm terrified that I won't fit in rides, I'm size 20, but I had an embarrassing moment at Gulliver's last year.
No idea re bum bag, but maybe boohoo?

I bought a Donald duck cross over bag from Primark, not sure if something like that would do

Romy

VIP Member
I live in France and am desperate to find a proper swimming costume, as in one where I can actually swim vigorously in regularly instead of just lounging by the pool and doing the odd leisurely length or two/splashing about. I don’t want anything that has tummy flattening panels but it needs to be able to support ( and cover!) some pretty big boobs ( G cup). I am a size 28. Not really a fan of bikinis and would prefer block/solid colour.
I have always good swimsuits from Asos. Shein ? La Redoute? Zalando?...

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
those all in ones look so good and looks great in all the picture reviews on everyone else but all I can think is that I would look like an overstuffed sausage:ROFLMAO:
I wont look good in any swimwear I’m too round. I’ll be like a buoy in the pool! Don’t care though, as long as I’m not going to show my privates 🤣

Sunfl0wer

Thank you! I too @Em_ have seen them frequently advertised but will avoid now!

Had anyone seen the Cider Curve advertised alot recently? I never bought anything, had a quick glance, some bits not too expensive but a lot of crop tops which is not for me.. has anyone ever bought from them?
I came here to ask the same question, I’m looking for a white dress to wear to my hen party.

soph30

VIP Member
For me I want to wear bottoms like jeans and bikini bottoms that give you no muffin top at all- even if you buy a size an inch under your waist measurement it makes your tummy poke out. But if you buy a size an inch over both jeans and bikini bottoms are too big, so they slip/fall down :( :)

Aceofspades

Chatty Member
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good sports bra, I am a G in cup size and really struggle to find one that gives enough support

Thanks!
Panache sports bras are honestly incredible, I have 4 of them. They are true to size, great for high impact and have j hook fastenings at the back to make them racerback if needed (this actually gives extra support). Not cheap but worth every penny x

Em_

VIP Member
I go end of Nov this time but have been lots before. Disney are really plus size friendly. I’m a 24 on the bottom/22/24 on the top and 6ft1. Universal aren’t as great. The only ride at Disney that can be an issue is Flight of passage but there’s a test seat outside. Check out ‘plus size pammy’ on YouTube, she’s done lots of videos about ride sizes etc. WDW is sooo different to UK theme parks so don’t stress.

Can we set up a Disney outfit thread?!?! It’s my favourite topic 😍
Thank you,we should set one up

Thank you,we should set one up
I’ve set one up - https://tattle.life/threads/disney-world-land-fashion.31445/

Last edited: