Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I've seen her mentioned a few times & I need something new to read so I think that's where I shall head now!

Hinder surprise has some gorgeous clothes. How do you buy without using the aff link if they don't say where the clothes are from?

Reactions: 1

Em_

VIP Member
Has anyone ordered swimwear from shein before? I'm a size 20 and paranoid about wearing swimwear, but I've just booked disneyworld for January and I don't want to sit by the pool like I did last year. I'm looking at costumes as I'm not confident enough to wear a bikini.

Loubywoobywoo

Chatty Member
Can any of you lovely people suggest some good supportive non-wired but padded T-shirt bras? For on holiday, I want comfort and decent back coverage. I suppose sports bra style really? I’ve got one from Sainburys with a front zip which is good but just wondered if you have any other suggestions.
If you can get to one, Decathlon do a front zip halterneck black bra with no wires but is super supportive. Called Z bra, if I recall correctly.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Can I ask all those who don't do skirts/dresses what you're wearing in this ungodly heat?

I broke & ordered some nice jogger/coulette style trousers from Yours today. But I think I'll need to invest in some other pieces as my old faithful jeggings were not fun today 🥵

My body shape is apple and I'm a size 18/20 in case there's any other dress/skirt haters out there.

dee_mc

VIP Member
Hello, back again 😂

I ordered some lovely sandals from Fit Flop. Unfortunately they don't fit my swollen trotters so need to go back.

I really need additional support in shoes due to having bad flat feet. Yours have some looking sandals but look like they have next to no support. Sometimes I use insoles but that's obviously not an option with sandals insoles 😂 Hotter shoes also don't seem to offer the same support and, dare I say it, look a bit old lady like.

Has anyone found stylish sandals that come with similar support to Fit Flop that fit wide feet?
Gabor is worth a look - some of their stuff is genuinely grim but there's always a few really nice bits, good support and they do wide fits. I've never worn FitFlops so can't say if they're similar tbh.

Romy

VIP Member
I’m going to a work conference in Paris next month, the dress code is business wear during the day and then in the evening dinner and a club! As I work from home my current business wear is shorts and a t-shirt 😂 and I haven’t been in a club since the 90’s 😂 I can’t find anything, everything seems either black or covered in slogans or way too floaty 🤷🏻‍♀️
Black is perfect for Paris, if you want to fit in. Not so much in summer but yeah, still.

Aceofspades

Chatty Member
Hi all, please can someone recommend a good sports bra for running - it would need to be high impact. My bra size is 40f and expecting to go bigger because sports wear is generally tiny. I’ve been looking and places only seem to go to a 38 band. I was looking at next last night and this is what they have to offer… someone who is flat chested , so unhelpful
My holy grail sports bra is panache.
I’m a 34 g/gg and it’s the only thing I feel comfortable in when running. I did a couple of half marathons in it last year.
Weirdly for me, the non wired version is actually better and provides more support than underwired version? I have both, but find the wires come very high under armpit and dig in. Non wired version is just honestly the best. I find them a true to size fit, all of mine are in 34 G and fit great, if anything a tiny bit big on the cup, but I think that is due to me losing a little volume.
They go to 40 back size in some stockists x

Loubell83

VIP Member
Hi everyone.
I’m a size 18 on top, 20 on bottom and have 38G boobs.

I’ve just joined a gym to try and improve fitness and loss a few pounds and was looking for recommendations for gym gear and sports bras?
All price ranges welcome, as long as plus size friendly!
Thanks

MJx

Chatty Member
Thanks ladies - I’m going to go to bravissimo as they sell panache and shock absorbers so will try some on

Em_

VIP Member
Yeah really easy. Just make sure you return everything you want to in one go to keep it free.

Shein is mad, isn't it? I've had some of my most complimented clothes ever from there and also the most unimaginable and ridiculous tat.
It really is, it has some crazy clothes, but I do love it 😂

• Haha

GossBoss

VIP Member
Has anybody tried any knitwear from Shein? I don’t mind their dresses and tops but they are made from the cheapest cheap material. I like the look of some items, but if they are 100% nylon and instantly bobble it’s not worth me ordering.
So hard to find cheap ish knitwear that isn’t extra long or mega cropped. I miss BHS!
I've got a few jumpers from them, no complaints

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Hadn’t thought of that, good idea
IDK if they have them, but those kind of straps are usually black and plain so you might get one from a craft or handmade online store? I cannibalised one years ago for a shoulder bag, which worked well as it clipped on the end.

Furnessian

VIP Member
I like Shein too but it is hit and miss and I think as long as you're aware of this, it's fine. The sizing is largely unreliable and the quality varies massively. If I do a big order and find one or two things to keep from that then it has been a success. Their knitwear is absolutely fabulous. though. I don't want to spend a lot on shrugs and cardies to go over dresses and Shein ones are cheap and cute.

I also love Asda and Sainsbury's for stuff and can't wait to come back to the UK in a few weeks and see what they have.

Are you able to order from Eloquii in the UK?

WhatABore

VIP Member
thank god for this thread!
so, have dreamed of owning a pair of dungaree since I was a child. Never bought them coz I just assumed they’d look ridiculous.
Took the plunge, fully expecting to laugh at myself and then return them, and strike them from my wish list forever.
But…. I kinda love them, and can’t decide whether that’s just coz I love dungarees or whether they actually look ok.
Be honest, do I just look like someone who sings the wheels on the bus four times a day?
I think they look great on you!

Applina89

Since when did Yours get so expensive?! I haven’t bought from there in ages so I was so shocked at the prices. Are the pieces from there good quality/worth it?

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
I might be looking for a unicorn here.

Don't like wearing dresses or skirts. I wore a dress during the heatwave last year for the first time in *years* and that was because it was going to hit 30C. Not keen on shorts but will consider. Need an elasticated band to control IBS issues. I'm a size 20, apple body shape that does not enjoy polyester materials.

What, pray tell, do I buy to wear during the summer months?