Pippa O’ Connor #6 Jealousy, a pointless emotion when she has to go to bed with Ormond at night

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I'm up for worst mother award then because it didn't even cross my mind to get the children something for Valentines.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I bought my teens a chocolate rose for 1.50 from Lidl but managed not to post a pic 🙄

Reactions: 3
Well looking at insta this morning and Pippa the other morning, I must be the only mother who doesn’t give my kids presents for Valentine’s Day. When did this become a thing? So now on top of birthdays, Christmas, toy show night, Christmas Eve boxes, Easter, Halloween (am I missing anything else) we have to now gift for Valentine’s Day? Well I won’t be doing it! The little feckers have enough and hijack everything. Valentine’s Day was always about getting a crappy home made card from them to us brought home from school and a card exchange between mom and dad or partner to partner. When did it become this big commercial gift giving day? What a load of old cobblers
Don't forget when 10 years ago everyone decided Santa wasn't enough magic, we needed a f**king elf on a shelf. And then it wasn't enough for him to just be on a shelf anymore, he had to create magical whimsical mischief every night . Fffffffff*cccckkkk that!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Don't forget when 10 years ago everyone decided Santa wasn't enough magic, we needed a f**king elf on a shelf. And then it wasn't enough for him to just be on a shelf anymore, he had to create magical whimsical mischief every night . Fffffffff*cccckkkk that!
It’s just too much pressure. It’s enough to just get up in the morning and get through the day without any hassle. I just have to remind myself what we see on insta not real life. I’m not a terrible mother because I don’t put personalised notes into my child’s lunch box every morning for school, I’m doing enough just being a good mammy and a source of safety and comfort for them. The frills don’t matter. Anyway I’m sure it was the nanny who used to do that for the boys anyway. I hope they managed okay in school today without their personalised note 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Well looking at insta this morning and Pippa the other morning, I must be the only mother who doesn’t give my kids presents for Valentine’s Day. When did this become a thing? So now on top of birthdays, Christmas, toy show night, Christmas Eve boxes, Easter, Halloween (am I missing anything else) we have to now gift for Valentine’s Day? Well I won’t be doing it! The little feckers have enough and hijack everything. Valentine’s Day was always about getting a crappy home made card from them to us brought home from school and a card exchange between mom and dad or partner to partner. When did it become this big commercial gift giving day? What a load of old cobblers
It was never a thing here until my son burst into tears when myself & my husband were exchanging cards one year. He couldn’t understand how, if it’s a way of people showing their love for each other, we weren’t including him. Mamma guilt made me throw a card together with some scraps in the craft box & honestly it made his day. My kids get as excited over cards as they do presents so I buy cards every year now & some little cakes. Costs me less than €10 & the joy it brings is worth it. I’ll never go down the road of themed clothing, decorations or presents, it was like a mini Christmas for some kids today with the amount of effort people went to. I do worry about people that might feel under pressure to do the same though.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Got a little card and book for my 3 year old. She’s my only one so yeah I probably do lap up these things a bit much but sure 🤷🏼‍♀️ She made a little card for me at crèche so where’s the harm in getting her one in return.

Reactions: 7
Got a little card and book for my 3 year old. She’s my only one so yeah I probably do lap up these things a bit much but sure 🤷🏼‍♀️ She made a little card for me at crèche so where’s the harm in getting her one in return.
I don’t mind cards either and aw that is so sweet mine are too small yet but I can’t wait for next year when I’m sure my little preschooler will have one for me. I also don’t mind a small bit of chocolate exchanged because chocolate is life 🤣 but the themed clothing and heart shaped sandwiches and little notes in the lunchbox (do regular people put affirmation cards in their child’s lunchbox?) and the buying a new outfit for Valentine’s Day just seems a bit excessive to me.

Reactions: 5
Ooh I really don’t like that dress - her fashion is usually a bit too middle of the road for my taste anyway but this is very grannyish considering her age and figure!

Ooh I really don’t like that dress - her fashion is usually a bit too middle of the road for my taste anyway but this is very grannyish considering her age and figure!
Gosh I love it. Think the shortness of it is really fab in contrast to the shape

• Sick
Reactions: 31
I think it’s a sweet dress tbh and she can pull it off. I wouldn’t wear it myself because I wouldn’t fit into it for starters 😆 but she looks good (tan episode aside)

• Haha
It’s so extra though for the 3rd child - my third was literally dragged up 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Always did and my oldest is 17 , actually this is the first year I didn’t . Purely because I forgot it was v.day . They didn’t get anything huge , teddy /choc/ 1 rose usually from Lidl …
The kids always loved it as it was “love day “ as they called it .

Reactions: 3
Her tan is awful. Even her legs are bad. Unlike her. Wonder did she do her own tan?

IMO the fabric and design is lovely, but WAY too short. Looks like it’s a skirt and blouse.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.