Phillip Schofield #9 Latest news

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't PS out in the wilderness before he got the TM job when JL had to leave ? I seem to remember seeing him on some obscure channel's diy/makeover programme. He wasn't on mainstream tv for years.

Reactions: 7
Tattle.life has literally taken over my life. I spend so much time googling and look for evidence of PS & MM that I think I am going to need rehab when the lid is finally lifted. Thanks guys 😅🤪😵

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
This was posted on Twitter

This is very interesting, thanks for sharing. It's so difficult as we don't want to judge a relationship, yet we want to protect someone than may potentially be vulnerable. For example, with PS and MM (not referring to anything as fact), how do you know if a relationship is happy and genuine on both sides, or if there is an abuse of power at play? At what point does one step in? Do we even step in as we shouldn't be judging relationships? If that's the case, how are victims protected? Do we hope they speak up?
Just some of my thoughts. I'm still following threads, just don't have much to add!

Edited to add that the age gap still doesn't sit right with me. Is that justified or should we be changing our thoughts and progressing in society? Even as I type this though, I would be incredibly upset if my son was in a relationship with a Much older man or women when he grows up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't PS out in the wilderness before he got the TM job when JL had to leave ? I seem to remember seeing him on some obscure channel's diy/makeover programme. He wasn't on mainstream tv for years.
Yes. PS was the 'Friday boy' on TM. He only got the Mon-Fri job when JL left suddenly!

Reactions: 4
Even as I type this though, I would be incredibly upset if my son was in a relationship with a Much older man or women when he grows up.
I think as someone in their mid-60s, I have a liberal outlook on things and age differences in partnerships are becoming more commonplace but a 34 year age difference when the younger partner is around 20 is pushing the boundaries even for me.

Reactions: 2
He was doing theatre, in Joseph from 1992-7, then Dr Dolittle in 1998. In 1996, he signed an exclusive contract to present a series of shows including Talking Telephone Numbers, Schofield’s Quest and Schofield’s TV Gold. He presented the National Lottery Winning Lines programme for BBC One between June 2001 and October 2004. In 2002, Schofield was given the job on This Morning after John Leslie was sacked. He's said that he never considered a career outside of television.

Yes. I agree. I think early twenties feels very young still. I think it would be different if the youngest was closer to 30 maybe?

Reactions: 3
Things could have been-(oh so different) for PS,simply by adhering to some golden rules.
Try not to garner sympathy over infidelity by professing you’re gay.
Credit the viewing public with having more than two brain cells.
Don’t enlist biased or sycophantic friends to pat your head & watch your back.
Hold your hands up,admit when you’ve messed up & apologise to the public for deceiving them for 30yrs.
Tell your PR team they vastly underestimated the public response,sack them & ask for a refund.
Enlist someone to pull your head out of your backside & pop it back where it belongs.
& finally live a life that has no need of NDA’s or powerful friends with big brooms,just like the majority of us.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Writer Adam Bloodworth is very much a supporter of Phillip Schofield coming out, looking at his Twitter. He's a freelance journalist who calls himself an Entertainment Reporter and Theatre Correspondent, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has personal links with PS or SS. Anyway, the article reaks of justification for actions of a grown man who should know better. I'm still attracted to men in their early 30s that look like Chris Hemsworth but doesn't mean I'm going to pursue them (not that there would be much piont :LOL: )
Unless you’re rich and famous in which case...

Reactions: 2
This is very interesting, thanks for sharing. It's so difficult as we don't want to judge a relationship, yet we want to protect someone than may potentially be vulnerable. For example, with PS and MM (not referring to anything as fact), how do you know if a relationship is happy and genuine on both sides, or if there is an abuse of power at play? At what point does one step in? Do we even step in as we shouldn't be judging relationships? If that's the case, how are victims protected? Do we hope they speak up?
Just some of my thoughts. I'm still following threads, just don't have much to add!

Edited to add that the age gap still doesn't sit right with me. Is that justified or should we be changing our thoughts and progressing in society? Even as I type this though, I would be incredibly upset if my son was in a relationship with a Much older man or women when he grows up.
I've tried to give this some more thought, without initial knee-jerk reaction of a straight middle-aged women seeing it as a bit pervy for an older man to not just feel attracted but actively pursue a relationship with much younger men - or much younger women for that matter. Or indeed vice versa. I think we do find it fascinating because it isn't the norm and its difficult for most of us to understand what two people from completely different generations could possibly have in common, i.e. Emmanuel Macron and his wife who was his teacher and is 24 years his senior, or Billie Piper who married Chris Evans when she was 18 and he was 34. And I've done a bit of reading of my own, and perhaps there is something in it for gay men that's different, but I don't really see the difference, i.e straight men are naturally attracted to younger women, and women to older men, so I guess there's going to be a percentage of gay men who are MORE attracted to young men, and a percentage of gay men who are going to be MORE attracted to older men. Anyway, the point I am getting having done my bit of reading around this, I think the important factor is that the significantly younger person in the relationship has to have a level of maturity (and perhaps the older person a level of immaturity) so that emotionally they meet in the middle and there isn't an inbalance of power either way.

Reactions: 5
I rarely watch This Morning, but a year or two ago I happened to see it when Phillip was on with Ruth.
They were doing a piece outside and standing next to each other and then it went to the break.
Phillip’s mike wasn't turned off because when the break caption came up I heard him snap “do you have to get so close?”.
Obviously during the break he must have been told that it had been broadcast because after the ads finished and they came back on air he was all smiles and laughing, saying “sorry, sometimes the cameras get too close“ or something along those lines.
I remember back then thinking he was actually snapping at Ruth and I realised he wasn’t the “nice guy” image he liked to portray.
Did anyone else see this? I’d love to find the clip but if I google Phillip and Ruth all it brings up now is her complaint.
[/QUOTE
Oooh I need to try find this clip... .

Things could have been-(oh so different) for PS,simply by adhering to some golden rules.
Try not to garner sympathy over infidelity by professing you’re gay.
Credit the viewing public with having more than two brain cells.
Don’t enlist biased or sycophantic friends to pat your head & watch your back.
Hold your hands up,admit when you’ve messed up & apologise to the public for deceiving them for 30yrs.
Tell your PR team they vastly underestimated the public response,sack them & ask for a refund.
Enlist someone to pull your head out of your backside & pop it back where it belongs.
& finally live a life that has no need of NDA’s or powerful friends with big brooms,just like the majority of us.
Best thing I’ve read on tattle. I think PS should hire you!

Reactions: 7
Who knows what the level of concrete proof would be if so many comments, accounts and sites had not been deleted or banned in the late 2 weeks.

In relation to your reference to assumptions, let me ask you this. In terms of logic and probability, of the millions of social media exchanges made;

1) Do you think it most likely that the 2 contacts made with young boys that are in the public domain are the full 100% extent of this behaviour by PS?

or

2) Do you think it more likely that there are an undefined number of further identical / similar instances that are unknown and not in the public domain?

Supposition of course, but what is your gut feeling based on what is known to date? Isolated errors of judgement, or a pattern of behaviour?
Tattle.life has literally taken over my life. I spend so much time googling and look for evidence of PS & MM that I think I am going to need rehab when the lid is finally lifted. Thanks guys 😅🤪😵
Same here, barely touched a book or watched tv lately but my phone is constantly on charge 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.