Phillip Schofield #31 Unwise but not illegal

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
NDAs only have value to the extent the parties want to observe them and don’t care about the consequences of breaching them, so in my opinion any time limit in them or restrictions have been blown out of the water by events. It seems the tipping point was Phil’s brother’s conviction + suspicions Phil knew about his brother ahead of time. Once that came out I think people decided if there are any NDAs then they won’t be sued for breaching them as the damage is done.

Reactions: 9
Yup, fill me with rage. People don't really want to know and if they do know they treat you like you yourself are filth.
At the end of the day if you have been abused and go onto abuse yourself you have made a choice. There are plenty of us who haven't and in fact endeavour to fight against abuse and abuse enablers.
Well said. I'm sick of the 'abusers go on to abuse' narrative. Like you, my abuse made me want to raise awareness and protect others. Sending love, this is all massively triggering.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Before I bake my view is this is coming out now apart from end of NDA or whatever but because basically Phil isn’t popular any more. His time has come and gone.

Im guessing if he was still wanted by ITV or whoever they would have done everything possible to clean up all these negative stories.

I’ve said this before but it’s very true. In the past there were lots of scandals in Hollywood re sexuality, crime, even murder. Depending if you were big box office the studios would do what they could to cover up a story or in fact offer a different story so as long their client wasn’t given bad press.

No matter what the Agency or ITV says, there is a whole lot of hypocrisy about and you rub my back I’ll rub yours behaviour. I think integrity is way at the bottom of the pile.
Have always had the notion that if anybody is at the bottom, their integrity is in tact. The higher up the greasy pole anyone goes ones integrity is compromised, unless one is adamant that they remain honest and true, then the career path is abruptly halted.

Reactions: 10
Well said. I'm sick of the 'abusers go on to abuse' narrative. Like you, my abuse made me want to raise awareness and protect others. Sending love, this is all massively triggering.
Yes. I was assaulted on one occasion by a family member who has since died, someone who didn’t usually have access to me. It would never occur to me to hurt anyone else because of that, especially not another child.

Studies show lots of abusers claim childhood abuse but when pressed on the point, it turns out plenty are lying. The connection between childhood abuse and becoming an abuser is not as strong as assumed thanks to offenders frequently, dishonestly claiming it to be the case.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Personally, I think it's parroted by abusers as a way to absolve themselves of guilt.

Thank you 🩷 this is massively triggering, the enabling comments especially. If "poor" Phil tops himself I won't shed a tear. I also have no fear that he will because I know he's not wired to feel guilt.

Reactions: 17
There are virtuous paedophiles they avoid all contact with children even watching tv programmes. Phil was contacting teenagers on snapchat and twitter, being involved in a youth theatre. So even if being a paedophile isn't illegal he was doing absolutely nothing to stop himself and suppress those urges. He was actively seeking out teenage boys ..
This!!

There are men out there (and women, but to a lesser extent) who are genuinely disgusted by their thoughts and attractions. The shame and stigma surrounding them makes it incredibly difficult to access appropriate counselling and support, but they do everything they possibly can to avoid any situation that might be a trigger and make sure that they never put anyone at risk.

Phillip isn’t one of these people. He went out of his way to find situations where he could be around young people.

Reactions: 21
I say this with love - if this is triggering you, then you need to protect yourself and not seek out threads where there’s likely to be speculation about abuse. I think it’s fair to say any thread where there’s reference to suspicious interactions and a convicted weirdo brother is not the thread you want to be reading. You can’t stop people from questioning these things.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.