Phillip Schofield #31 Unwise but not illegal

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread suggestion - Phillip Schofield - from broom cupboard to groom cupboard

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
This photo. I just cannot think of a scenario where it is appropriate for an adult (non relation, too) to be physically This close to a child. Assuming MM is 17 yrs old in this pic. Anyone that works with kids, eg in schools, will understand how young this is. And the comment! The look of love! There is absolutely nothing appropriate about this. It should have been questioned immediately. I would immediately safeguard this and this is exactly what should have happened for this one photo only. To think this is just a tiny part of the sinister happenings is appalling.
@RosaLamp You have just hit on a word that in any walk of life when there is a youngster involved in any investigation, SAFGUARDING is a word every company/government/person is bound to take with utmost seriousness.

If these ITV 'chats' :rolleyes: with their employees in any way directed them to MM being underage or taken advantage of, the whole thing should have been referred to the police. They failed the youngster miserably, it is all very sad for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
The Sunday papers will have been writing their pieces all week and will have time to have got chapter and verse, they should therefore have plenty of additional detail that they’ve taken time to verify and obtain quotes for. As has been mentioned, Sunday paper journalists and daily paper journalists are usually two different teams with different editors.
Yep, the Sundays are where the real dirt is.

Also, people have the time to read and talk about the stories, they will often gain more traction with the public than Mon-Fri where the news agenda moves more quickly.

Damn right I'm watching the newspaper preview on Sky News tonight.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
There has been some chat about what's legal/illegal.

I think its important to note that some laws are created from morally wrong situations. For example, the data protection act states that we have the right to be forgotten. This is relatively new, to protect our privacy, as years ago computers didn't collect and store our data. It was only after this started and people started to discuss the ethics of this, did a law develop. So I think it is so important to be discussing the inappropriate nature of these relationships and the effect on victims because laws can and will change. It doesn't matter if right this minute one particular act is "unwise, but not illegal". What matters is if its harmful.

Hoping I make sense!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
If Holly resigns she’s gonna come out with a woe is me statement about how she had been deceived and is heartbroken and doesn’t feel right returning or some other waffle, and she will disappear for a few weeks

Reactions: 28
I always find it utterly offensive to all the other victims, who cannot say anything as people will start side eyeing you thinking your one too
Absolutely not, it doesn't make one a sexual abuser because they have been abused. In fact there's usually a scapegoat or goats within the family so they get the worst of the abuse as they are so uncomfortable with it. I never meant that victims of SA go on to abuse that's not true at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Still not understanding the earlier photo of Holly in a dress??? And a link to her car going missing (but her husband had it or something??)

Reactions: 5
A friend I believe. Simon Schofield. Coincidence that the surname is the same.
I think he claimed to have been friends with him for "20 years" when Simon was 38 and Phil was around 60 which is interesting when you consider the ages that makes them when they supposedly met.

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he actually met him when he was a few years younger than he said tbh...

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.