Phillip Schofield #31 Unwise but not illegal

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Questioned"? And not just "asked" or "spoken to" about the rumours? No wonder MM denied it if he was interrogated, he probably thought he was in trouble and that he was going to lose his job.
That is a great point and really shows how tit ITV are if they thought this statement was acceptable.

Reactions: 20
The two big red flags for me are:
* Not ONE colleague/celeb/friend/family member has publicly come out in support of him. Still!?!
* No one in this day and age, especially from the high profile TV entertainment world, would be fired for having a gay (and let's not forget - LEGAL, in PS's own words) relationship (married or not). It would be considered homophobic and attacked mercilessly on social media, especially with the current landscape regarding the trans movement et al.

It seems ITV is in a lose lose situation. Damned if they didn't fire him, damned if they did. Ho hum, my field of fucks is parched.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
There was no Rylan and Phil. Rylan is a grown man. Stop trying to derail.
Could there be a grain of truth to it? In order to have such power and control over people, surely there had to be secrets to leverage cooperation. Just asking the question :)

Reactions: 2
This has the potential to bring the whole house of cards down for ITV and their complicit staff. Here's hoping.......

Title suggestion
Phil’s dipped his wick, times up for the narcissistic prick! It’s now jobseekers for the dick

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover but OMG doesn’t he trigger your nonceometer!
Yes, but we've all be burnt too many times in the past not to ask the question ... all the other high-profile showbiz pedalo's looked like wrong'uns ...

Reactions: 7
ITV must be shitting themselves. So much potential loss of advertising revenue if this story gets much worse. At least the BBC didn’t have that problem. Does This Morning have a sponsor?
Yes, but also reputational damage.

Kevin Lygo can f off. He has allowed Corrie to be run into the ground with a sixth episode and said he'd much rather that than invest in new comedy.

Reactions: 11
* Not ONE colleague/celeb/friend/family member has publicly come out in support of him. Still!?!
* No one in this day and age, especially from the high profile TV entertainment world, would be fired for having a gay (and let's not forget - LEGAL, in PS's own words) relationship (married or not). It would be considered homophobic and attacked mercilessly on social media, especially with the current landscape regarding the trans movement et al.

It seems ITV is in a lose lose situation. Damned if they didn't fire him, damned if they did. Ho hum, my field of fucks is parched.
Matthew Wright emerged yet?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
They “both” denied the relationship — this is not a good look from ITV in their statement because it is putting these employees on an equal footing. Phillip denied this, and Phillip is the senior one, Phillip is the one in the position of power, MM is the one who apparently had to leave. It makes it sound like MM should have been stepping forward here on the same sort of basis. I think ITV are still not handling this well. They could lead with Phil denied it and then say MM backed him up, but they didn’t.

Reactions: 40
So IF ITV investigated and MM and PS lied saying nothing was going on. Do we maybe think that someone did blow the whistle (say maybe Ruth). MM may have been coerced into lying about it due to being intimidated by a much older and powerful man like PS. Have ITV then decided to get rid of Ruth and Eamonn from TM as they viewed them as trouble makers and then swiftly punted MM to Loose Women too?
I honestly don’t think anyone blew the whistle - Ruth’s complaint was obviously more than just Philip cutting her off on a link but I think it was more general than a specific thing if that makes sense. I think it’s more likely that the tension was picked up on , maybe at the awards with the awkward Holly photo , and itv asked the minimum amount of questions to cover their butts from a HR view point. MM won’t necessarily have acknowledged he’d been groomed ( he might still not) and might have wanted to keep the relationship a secret ( if only officially) so that he didn’t have to deal with people thinking he was only in his role because he was Phil’s current shag, or because he didn’t want to be the one to officially out Philip in the workplace .

* Not ONE colleague/celeb/family member/friend has publicly come out in support of him.

Yeah, number one is the key. Shows how many people actually knew or suspected something. And even if they didn't, they know how bad the situation is now. No one wants to be associated with him at all, his career is done.

Amazed it has taken this long to come out.

ITV are potentially ruined here, advertisers will run a mile. Its going to be sackings galore at this rate.

Reactions: 15
ITV are absolutely shitting bricks. If there's anything big in the Sunday papers, next week will be carnage.
* Rubs hands in anticipation. Hope this brings ITV down too. They are just being reactive just covering their own backsides, rather than being proactive and being open and honest. Mind you open and honest would be rather explosive.

The lot of them are complicit in all this. If WE knew there was something going on, THEY knew, never mind about their pretty cr@p investigations.

A PR agency not having feelers out about the national gossip columns, don't make me laugh, ITV, YMU, lawyers and the like, you are all not giving us the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

BIB - I'm going to find some way to say that sometime somewhere - I love it. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This is Simon Schofield‘s other Twitter account

Someone has replied to one of his tweets with this pic of him with MM. That was originally tweeted 10 years ago FFS
This photo. I just cannot think of a scenario where it is appropriate for an adult (non relation, too) to be physically This close to a child. Assuming MM is 17 yrs old in this pic. Anyone that works with kids, eg in schools, will understand how young this is. And the comment! The look of love! There is absolutely nothing appropriate about this. It should have been questioned immediately. I would immediately safeguard this and this is exactly what should have happened for this one photo only. To think this is just a tiny part of the sinister happenings is appalling.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
ITV must be shitting themselves. So much potential loss of advertising revenue if this story gets much worse. At least the BBC didn’t have that problem. Does This Morning have a sponsor?
Arnold Clark sponsors TM

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.