Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LadyMuck

VIP Member
There's something going on in the background, maybe it's going to all come out about PS very soon and Holly has got wind of it, hence the swift breakaway from him.

Imo, she won't last long, maybe til her summer break, but she is not as good as she and they think she is.

Reactions: 36

Ambrosie

VIP Member
I used to adore Scofe when I was a kid. I drew a picture of him and Gordon T. Gopher and it was on the wall behind him on Going Live for weeks. I was thrilled. I also adored Rolf Harris for his love of animals on Animal Hospital. Who’d have thought I’d dislike them as much as I do now. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease make it so than none of ⫩ turn out to be sickos!

• Heart

Goldilocks3108

VIP Member
We’ve waited weeks for Piers to come out and say something and now he appears to be on his side! Very disappointing. Makes one wonder if they’re all in it together!

• Sad

Loveitme

VIP Member
  • Sick
Reactions: 35

VC10

VIP Member
He's so big headed, the ego etc ... he will not accept he's done anything wrong , and that his attitude towards other people isn't being called into question.

These media luvvies all think their shit doesn't stink, that they are somehow better than everyone else and that they can do as they want , regardless of consequences.

Of course , being on the tele for nigh-on FORTY years earning 10s of Millions of Pounds, enables so much..............

Hush-,up money, injunction money , make it go away money, etc ......

Plenty to go around........ 😏😒

Reactions: 35

monsterinlaw

I don't keep up with Phil and Holly much because they're so boring - but Christ, when is Holly going to fix her hair. Whatever Garnier are paying her, surely it can't be worth walking around with that horrible yellow box dye job all the time? Her hair always looks like straw. It's awful looking.

• Haha
Reactions: 34

qwikti

Chatty Member
If he's one of the best broadcaster's this country's seen, we better buck our ideas up as a country :sick: ffs. Dire straits...

• Haha

LadyMuck

VIP Member
It's amazing that gobshite Piers Morgan, who always has something to say, especially on headline news, is not even mentioning this on his programme.

House of Tea

VIP Member
Piers Morgan is gunning for the head of ITV. Sort of showing support for PS is him just using that story as a lever to get at the one he really wants to lose her job, like he lost his - the head of ITV. He isn’t friends with PS, he is with Holly. He knows everything but his need for revenge against those who wronged him, in his eyes, overrides anything.

Salacious

Chatty Member
Fancy a brew?

The first thing is hooray: Pip has gone! But what does this actually mean for This Morning? I think everyone here is of the view the programme has needed a kick up the backside for some time. The editorial output and judgement has been in question by the ITV bosses though. Frizell has made no secret of the fact he wants Hammond to be front and centre but some think he is just saving face. She only got the job because of BLM and the lack of diverse talent presenting the show.

Frizell still remains. And let's be frank: the decision to drop Phil was because of the negative press. Not everyone at ITV is happy with the show under his leadership. And what he did wasn't leadership, it was cowardice. Again, to save face.

It's interesting Holly gave an ultimatum. She wasn't happy with ITV's handling of queue gate. But we could never contemplate her leaving the show without Pip. She can be quite ruthless when it comes to TV work. Her team negotiated a golden handcuff deal with ITV a decade ago. She wants to do more TV projects but keep her fingers in the ITV pie. TM is a nice little earner.

The prime time show that ITV mention is to save Phil's embarrassment. It may not even get the green light and see the light of day. ITV run several pilots a year hosted by some of the biggest TV names. It took them several pilots before they found the right game show format for Alan Carr. BGT before Amanda Holden was judged by Fern Britton. When Cat Deeley returned to the UK, her name was one of the first to come up on new projects. With Phil, there is the audience reaction to think about, and it might be risky for ITV to launch the next Traitors or Millionaire with his face on.

The C5 story is just his agent drumming up a bidding war. His contract is up for renewal soon. C5 probably wouldn't say no if they could get him on the cheap, but only under their terms. Personally I can see Phil moving into voiceover work or appearing on those countdown shows.

Back to Holly - it seems she wants the Hammond but ITV need to be careful letting hosts decide terms. Alison (who has been on the show longer than Holly) could easily do a Holly and stab her co-star in the back. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if we see a Sunday scoop on Holly's antics. She has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and it's not just Phil who is out to get her.

TL;DR: getting rid of Schofe is treating symptom, not disease (leadership under Frizell). Holly - watch your back! This story will get ugly.

Strawberry Tart

This sentence in Schofield‘s statement riles me something awful -
“ I have always done my best to be honourable and kind.”
Was he honourable when he got rid of MM when he was no longer wanted? Was he honourable doing his very fake, public coming out live on TV, a deal he did with the Sun to change the front page story regarding MM. Was he honourable to his wife and family? Was he kind to presenters like Fern Britton and Amanda Holden ? Was he kind to guests and back room staff - apparently the opposite.
And of course Schofield leaving just has to be so much more than the fact he isn’t getting on with a colleague. What other workplace would say if two colleagues weren’t getting on, ‘ah ok so we’ll get rid of one of you and keep the other’. You’d take that company to court if it was you. I hope there’s an awful lot more still to come out and I hope it happens very soon.

• Heart

HollyGolightly

VIP Member
Just watched Headliners on GB News... the panel said something about the real reason Phil has gone, but they're not allowed to say... a lot of bad stuff and it's all gonna come out, as soon as it's been cleared by the lawyers 👀

• Wow

LadyMuck

VIP Member
Petronella Wyatt said she knows a lot of broadcasters presenters over the years and she's never heard anyone say a good thing about him. She laughed at the short tribute saying dictators get longer.

She's Not a Holly fan. Said years ago she was on a night out and she made a light hearted joke to Holly. H then got her lawyers on and tried to get Petronella sacked.

Says whatever we think of PS, Holly was nothing til she worked with him. And that she was equally responsible in queuegate

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33