Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Holly has zero personality and it’s amazing she’s lasted this long. As much as I hate Phil, he was a good presenter and he carried Holly for years. She will be under the spotlight now and it will be interesting to see how she fares.
Holly has lasted because she’s a pretty slender blonde woman and her husband is a powerful man with influence.
She has no talent whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Tilly Kister

VIP Member
He won a libel suit over being called gay. Which effectively sank him in the eyes of many cos suing over that seemed quite a homophobic thing to do.
I remember that & it was actually quite a bit more complex than "He got called gay so he sued & everyone thought he was a homophobe then."

He was publicly outed by an organisation which claimed to be a mob of gay activists "outing" celebs, sportspeople, prominent public figures even who were passing as hetero. They would take recent well known photos of their chosen targets and digitally manipulate them so the celeb was wearing a t-shirt that said "GAY AS FUCK". This apparently was empowering the gay community.

Well I was a part of the gay community - I mean obviously I still am but I got out a lot more in those days - and outing people was not something which any of us approved of. There were people living in fear that their careers would be ended if it happened to them. Their families split apart, their lives devastated. No one who wasn't gay 25-30-40 years ago can imagine what the societal implications of being involuntarily outed were . Nor of the damage it could do to one's personal and professional life.

In retrospect it's easy to say we all thought Donovan was a homophobe for doing it but at the time his victory in court made a lot of people rest far easier. Because as expected the group quietly disbanded in the wake of losing. You see, it was very easy for them to keep behaving like utter twats when other people were paying the price but when they had to pay it, their "activism" didn't seem that urgent to them any more.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

Eureka

VIP Member
Apologies if this has been posted already but it’s bloody brilliant

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60

House of Tea

VIP Member
I think in years to come Phil will be one of those people featured on those cheap cobbled together programmes about how careers went wrong. Had it all. Thought he was untouchable. Hoisted by his own petard.

💣💥🧨

• Haha
Reactions: 60

hayleybaby

VIP Member
I mention DW a few threads back. A friend works for a red top and they have tried to break the story numerous times about him inviting teen girls to his BGT dressing room. His solicitors have shut them down twice . The story got taken by another journo at the Gaurdian but that was quickly silenced too. The girls in question released tweets of his messages to their DM’s a few years back. He said something along the lines of ‘this is why DM’s are private. No one else can read them’ . I believe they were 14 at the time they were asked to go to his dressing room. Apparently him being rude to the boy on stage was the opportunity ITV had to get rid of him from the panel before he was embroiled in another exposé.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 57

rubyred66

Chatty Member
Hi everyone, a polite request from an older lady here. I have come along for a catch up and I am two threads behind. Can you slow down? My old eyes can not cope 🤣

I remember Rolf being the celebrity you see everywhere when I was growing up. He was a national treasure by the time my daughter was born and I remember her being fascinated by Animal hospital.

What this proves and my thoughts are, just how long and slow it is to see the downfall of predators who have a celebrity status. It takes far too long for them to be exposed as their wealth and the legal protection that affords them is a security blanket. If or when things come to light about PS. I don’t think it will be any time soon. Which is a shame because cases like this should be brought to the forefront sooner! Imagine having to wait until PS is 80 and has enjoyed all those years of freedom if he is guilty and has done these heinous crimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
Please can people think twice before using words like ‘bummer’ in this thread? He’s a foul, bullying human regardless of his sexuality, and there’s no need to stoop to that sort of language to make a point,

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56

BigMavis

VIP Member
Wasn't the giggly thing a continuation from Fern and Phils relationship anyway? I'm sure it was, it was quite infectious when they did it, didn't come across well when him and Holly did it every show, forced and no spontaneity.

Reactions: 54

McQ1989

Funny seeing the big celebration Philth got last year for his 40 years on television with Lorraine and TM kissing his saggy arse compared to today's 30 second tribute....how the mighty have fallen. Superb

• Haha
Reactions: 53

Scar2016

Under the GB News segment with Eamonn Holmes someone commented that over the years Holly has behaved like Rantzen did with Savile: Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. Logically, proportionately and probability wise it is almost an enigma to espouse she had zero knowledge.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I mention DW a few threads back. A friend works for a red top and they have tried to break the story numerous times about him inviting teen girls to his BGT dressing room. His solicitors have shut them down twice . The story got taken by another journo at the Gaurdian but that was quickly silenced too. The girls in question released tweets of his messages to their DM’s a few years back. He said something along the lines of ‘this is why DM’s are private. No one else can read them’ . I believe they were 14 at the time they were asked to go to his dressing room. Apparently him being rude to the boy on stage was the opportunity ITV had to get rid of him from the panel before he was embroiled in another exposé.
Sorry I know it was further back you said that but I wanted to back it up- I spoke to the Guardian journalist when she was trying to break the story last year. I worked at BGT in 2017 and raised concerns about dressing room visits then. It was shut down as D ‘just being D’. I live for the day things come out about him, but everyone who worked with him or on that show knows full well what went on, and I bet his publishers do too yet he’s still given a full platform to release children’s books.

• Wow
  • Angry

Hereforthelol’s

Chatty Member
I don’t believe he’s gay . I reckon he’s a fetish for young adolescent boys ( conveniently just at the age of consent )…but he’s not into the stereotypical adult male . If he was he’s had no public boyfriend since he came out or papped. So what was the urgency to come out at nearly 60 years old ??? He hid it very well and lived a double life and believed he had a happy marriage and she did too. Money talks as they say .

• Heart

KMAWeasel

It wouldn't surprise me if Philth tried to do himself in (whether he would be successful is another matter) as the final act of a narcissist, before too much else comes out. Then you'd have the #BeKind brigade out, as if it exonerated him from being a c**t for a lot of his life. The way he has dragged his elderly mother into the staged pap shots is despicable. Mind you with the way he and his brother are, maybe she and/or the father had darkness in them also.
---

Yeah, died of a lung disease a few years ago. Not cancer. Can't remember it's name. I liked Cheggars and used to like getting DMs from him (the innocent kind!). He always had such a cheery persona and I loved the way he sent himself up in "Life's ---".
I worked with Keith Chegwin a few times. He was so lovely and wanted to chat to everyone. During rehearsals, he would sit out and chat to the crew rather than be holed up in his dressing room like others did. Absolutely great guy.

• Heart

hayleybaby

VIP Member
Sorry I know it was further back you said that but I wanted to back it up- I spoke to the Guardian journalist when she was trying to break the story last year. I worked at BGT in 2017 and raised concerns about dressing room visits then. It was shut down as D ‘just being D’. I live for the day things come out about him, but everyone who worked with him or on that show knows full well what went on, and I bet his publishers do too yet he’s still given a full platform to release children’s books.
yes it was summer last year I think that the Gaurdian were going to run the story. My friend was on the cusp of doing a front page expose for the red top then it got shut down by solicitors.

Like Scofe, everyone in the industry including the media know about DW. There are some dedicated female journalists out there that have been trying to break the story for years but they just keep being shut down by hot shot lawyers paying big money to keep such stories away from the general public. The entertainment industry really is a murky, disgusting world.

Thanks for backing me up. I hope some others on the thread can now see my Tea is legit when I have been questioned of my validity before.

• Heart

Scar2016

Thread Title Suggestion:
The Schofey Pokey Song: You said you threw the towel in. But you were booted out. In out, in out, he shakes it all about. He does the Schofey Pokey and he lies abound. That's what Schofey's all about.

• Haha
  • Heart