Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how much truth their was in the rumours that Pixie wasn’t Bob’s but Michael’s

I admit I don’t see any resemblance to either Bob or Paula, yet her and Tiger look very similar.

While Fifi and Peaches look like Bob.
Apparently she was sniffing around him back in the day when she interviewed him on The Tube way before the big breakfast interview.
I have always thought that Pixie was Michael’s. They look very alike if you look up young photos of Michael, and look more alike than him and tiger Lily. It would also explain paulas obsession with him.

But i have to say I have never read or heard of any rumours, would love to read about this if you have links x

Reactions: 7
That’s what I Hate Suzie is about!

A lot of celebs post their kids but blur faces or photograph the kids from behind like Katherine Ryan or Fearn Cotton. To be fair, if I was him, I’d not post pics of the kids either. Odd that he doesn’t follow Daisy, or any of the Geldof girls though and they don’t follow him either.
Him and Tiger Lily still follow each other. Her account is private though.

Reactions: 4
I wonder if that actually happened or if it was one up man ship on the part of Paula after she heard about the cig. I don’t think MH’s family were very quiet about their dislike of Paula. I think at his actual funeral, Paula barged her way to the front wearing the wedding gown (dyed black) that she was going to get married to him in (although it’s very doubtful that marriage would have ever happened). I think by the end, she was fooling herself that they were going to stay a couple.

I really think that if they’d never met, or at least not had an affair, they’d both still be alive.
As someone said upthread, they had already split and he was seeing someone else by the time of his death. No way were they tragically separated by death. I get the feeling Paula loved the drama and was always searching for it. She was the female equivalent of men who only love the chase then get bored when they have what they were chasing. Hutchence's death was another chapter in her star crossed lovers drama.

Going back a few pages, but I also think Billie Piper did the "move to the country and have kids" thing too. They all seem to go back to London life.
Yes her and Lawrence Fox lived in the country. She said that they all loved him because they thought he was a nice detective from Lewis but they thought she was a prostitute because she was in Secret Diary of a Call Girl :LOL:

who was clearly quite damaged and struggling with his MH. Michael was not in good condition mentally and physically but she pushed to feel secure with him, something he was really not good at doing - commitment. I always thought that Paula just wanted validation that she was the one he would settle with but he wasn’t happy and he was never good at being faithful. He was struggling with his career failing when he died. His albums/tour wasn’t going well and he wasn’t getting on with his band. He was always very shy but if you watch last interviews with him before he died he doesn’t look well at all and his band mates and manager all reported he was feeling under immense pressure from Paula and Bobs very toxic divorce.
'Mysify' is a really good documentary. It's so tragic what happened to him after that guy beat him up. His personality completely changed. And the Brit award thing was just dreadful. Cant remember whether it was Liam or Noel Gallagher. Sounds like a Liam thing. I loved INXS as a child and it really brought back to me how incredible they were. I loved Oasis too, but that realy put me off them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I lived in london for a couple of years and was at a few of the same parties/events as her and Fiona Brown in their Trash Pussies days. They were pretty wild. I remember them both dancing completely naked on top of the bar and nobody paying them any attention.
Probably not paying attention because they'd seen it all before 🙊

I have to preface this by saying I don't KNOW her or her sister because I only ever saw them when I was either extremely drunk or on MDMA or what have you. Everyone i hung out with, and admittedly me, was wild back in those days and she wouldn't have been much more off the charts than the rest of us as far as I knew. I knew when those pictures came out about 3 years later though.

I only met her a handful of times and only really when she was with her sister. a close friend of mine (regrettably) went out with Pixie for a while. They were both * very * loud and obnoxious. Pixie seemed a little more grown up but for me Peaches especially was the type of person I'd try to get away from as the night went on because she was always a bit much and bit tooooo messy and in your face. I say this when everyone else, me included was off their face. i mean we all got far too drunk and most of us took all drugs. Some of the older people in their late 20s in the group just drank by that point. so it wasn't that the partying that made me uncomfortable. She was just tiresome. I remember her being shouty and clingy and rude and pretentious to some of my friends because we were true camden heads- a little on the gothy side 😅 a bit strange to her I guess. . I also remember Pixie getting pissed off when Peaches would go and hang off a certain group of people. In hindsight, I know why now. She was this whirlwind tearing through everything, a mess really. and then years later I saw peaches in a magazine and she looked like a delicate porcelain doll. She was beautiful and she was pregnant at the time posing beside her boyfriend, who I thought looked a bit like her dad when he was young but whatever. And I thought "wow, good for you girl, you grew up, you've had your fun and transformed yourself"

Like with her mum, I think there was a bit of revisionism after her death.
She fooled everyone and herself into thinking she had a handle on things. She wasn't very kind to outsiders or pleasant and she wasn't just a bit wild, as we know. I'm sure underneath it all she was a nice person. I would never martyr her but it is sad that she became an addict. Like I said earlier, we all know what heroin does, especially her, people tend to start taking it when they don't want to feel anything and I think that's what happened with her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Faversham is where the family home was with Bob, and they had a home in London. They still go back to the Faversham house a lot, and this is where Paula and Peaches are buried
My husband is from Faversham and Bob Geldof is not liked around the area, he is a bit of a twit, his aunt still lives very close to bobs estate.
Also Faversham is known for heroin, it’s the local drug of choice according to the husband!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
My husband is from Faversham and Bob Geldof is not liked around the area, he is a bit of a twit, his aunt still lives very close to bobs estate
Bob is one of the very few Irish people we don't mind the English claiming as their own 😉

It's funny I've lived in London 18 years and I've never been out that way. I hear it's gorgeous.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Bob is one of the very few Irish people we don't mind the English claiming as their own 😉

It's funny I've lived in London 18 years and I've never been out that way. I hear it's gorgeous.
It is gorgeous, my husband grew up in country just outside Faversham and it’s lovely, we love that his mum and dad still live there, it’s amazing in the summer. Faversham is such a beautiful looking town, lots of old buildings, we still live pretty local to the town just not in Faversham as it’s super expensive to buy

Reactions: 5
This thread has really stuck with me since finding it earlier on in the week. Obviously just how sad and tragic Peaches’ death was but it’s just made me think about that era in the 2000s when Peaches was always in the paper for her partying with the rest of that ‘scene’. At that time I thought Pete Doherty was the coolest person alive and my room was plastered with posters and pages ripped out of NME of him. I’ve just got the radio on and randomly it’s a load of indie songs from 2006/7 and it’s just really transported me back there. I was only 14/15 at the time but with Peaches etc it really was a case of ‘I wish that was me’ and if you had asked me at the time what I wanted to be when I grew up my answer would have been thin! I lived in a pair of denim shorts and a Fred Perry polo a la Amy Winehouse. As I mentioned up thread I had an eating disorder and thought I was fat when I was a size 8/10. My mum found those shorts last year and I looked at them and cried, they are so tiny, a size 10 then was more like a 6/8 now. Crazy what we aspire to when we’re kids. At least the magazines aren’t as brutal anymore highlighting women’s cellulite and fixating on weight. But then again, back then there wasn’t Instagram etc, it’s probably even worse now.

ETA eating disorders were almost seen as glamorous at the time! Anyone remember Nicole Richie’s skeletal frame in the mags and her having a party where girls couldn’t attend if they weighed over 100lb! Awful.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
My ex had family links to the Geldofs in the 80’s. Apparently, Paula was always a flirty party girl and there were rumours of 3somes and swinging. They also knew Dawn French & Lenny Henry in the 80’s and said he was infamous for bleeping everything that gave him a second glance, all through their marriage 🙁.

“Paula, Michael & Bob; everything you know is wrong” is quite a good read. It’s by a friend of Paula. Obviously, they’ve got an angle but it gives you an insider’s view on things.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I think she was attractive too but trust me when I say rock stars want supermodels not witty repartee. They will shag groupies but anything more and they want models.

Paula was incredibly experienced in bed, more so probably than anyone else he had been with. That will have counted for a lot.

I think she was attractive too but trust me when I say rock stars want supermodels not witty repartee. They will shag groupies but anything more and they want models.

Paula was incredibly experienced in bed, more so probably than anyone else he had been with. That will have counted for a lot.

Reactions: 3
I remember reading that Bob was singing at a fate of some description and it was a family themed event with lots of little kids there. When he was on stage he was saying bleeping and bleep continually and saying that the people there looked like they had just been to bleeping Primark!. There were a lot of complaints:D.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
My ex had family links to the Geldofs in the 80’s. Apparently, Paula was always a flirty party girl and there were rumours of 3somes and swinging. They also knew Dawn French & Lenny Henry in the 80’s and said he was infamous for bleeping everything that gave him a second glance, all through their marriage 🙁.

“Paula, Michael & Bob; everything you know is wrong” is quite a good read. It’s by a friend of Paula. Obviously, they’ve got an angle but it gives you an insider’s view on things.
The book is a really good read, I found it quite fascinating

Reactions: 8
I thought that right before Michael died that he had had an argument with Bob Geldof on the phone regarding his refusal to let his children accompany Paula and Tiger to Australia. Assuming that’s true, then they were still together. I also remember that Bob was blamed as a reason for Michael’s death for that reason.

Reactions: 12
Thanks for the thread, OP! Gonna try and catch up with it all this weekend. Glad this thread exists, I've always been weirdly fascinated with the Geldof family. I remember when I was a kid in the 90s, Paula Yates was ev.ery.where. I just recall that 1995-1997 era, if the tabs weren't featuring Diana, they'd be featuring Paula. The last few years of her life were crazy, it went from her presenting the BB and being married to Bob to affair!divorce!custody!Baby!drugs!Hutchencedead!HughieGreen!rehab!death. It was all so sad and insane and quick, how much her life spiralled. I always liked her, she was charming, witty and clever and had a quirky style, but she made dreadful life decisions.

I was always interested in how her 4 girls turned out, and Peaches was, like her mum, such tabloid fodder. Even though she seemed arrogant and didn't have Paula's charisma, I felt bad for her and wanted her life to turn out well. A few months before she died my other half read blinds about her taking coke openly at parties and I (so naive) was all, "she wouldn't do that! She has two tiny babies!" I truly thought those babies would stabilise her life and was absolutely stunned when she died.

I always think of a magazine interview Peaches did, around the height of her fame days, around her first marriage. She was really affronted at comparisons to her mum's chaotic life (rather than Peaches emulating her career), she said something about how odd it would be her mother had been killed in a car accident, would everyone then assume Peaches would die in a car accident? Fair enough. But the terrible thing is, she DID have the exact same death as her mum, right down to her youngest baby being alone with her body for hours. Just unbearably devastating.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Paula also used to present The Tube with Jules Holland. And, it was Bob Geldof’s production company behind the Big Breakfast.

Reactions: 9
It must be so weird living in that house, it is lovely though. There are pictures of it still up on rightmove
Oooh can you linky please

I live in Kent (not far from Geldof's home), love nosing in houses l can't afford

Reactions: 5

This is the Julie Burchill article on Paula if anyone’s interested. It’s quite scathing but she does make some salient points.

However, it’s interesting how the press and media did treat Paula when they found out about the affair with MH. If a man had an affair and left his wife and children in favour of another woman, it would barely be a headline, yet it followed Paula around til her death. I’m not condoning either, but it’s interesting how differently she was treated (of course Paula has to take the blame of that somewhat as she used the press to her advantage at times eg the breaking news of the affair). You also have to wonder if Tiger was planned. There’s a weird but in the book about it all when she says that she and Michael had been planning a baby for ages, and this was when she was still firmly with Bob. It does throw questions over the paternity of some of the other kids (Pixie especially, who doesn’t look like any of them).

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Just read that the 2nd son was born on what would have been 54th Paula's birthday.
I remember this as her first son was due on that date, I was pregnant at the same time as her and I was also due on 24 April which was my late father's birthday. I was willing the both of us to give birth on our due dates as it seemed to be a lovely link to our late parents. I was happy when she had her second son on that date a year later.

Reactions: 2
I assume when you say the three major risk factors you’re referring to smoking, drug use and alcohol? There is more to safe bed sharing than just those three things alone. Unfortunately a lot of statistics include unsafe bed sharing cases or cases where a parent has fallen asleep on a sofa or chair. When data is analysed to only include safe bed sharing the numbers are a lot lower and are often SIDS cases (SIDS- where no other cause of death can be found) the four biggest issues associated with SIDS are smoking, laying a baby facedown to sleep, leaving a baby to sleep unattended and formula feeding. SIDS is different to Accidental Suffocation and Strangulation in Bed (ASSB) which happens when a baby is in an unsafe sleep environment with an impaired parent/carer. As I stated before bed sharing shame and warnings about bed sharing often lead mothers to not take their babies to bed with them however they still need a place to feed baby which more often than not ends up being a chair or sofa which are riskier places to fall asleep with a baby than a bed where the appropriate measures have been taken.

(In no way shape or form am I bashing formula feeding)
Where is the data you are quoting from?

Where is the data you are quoting from?

'Leaving a baby unattended?'. Like..when you're asleep?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.