Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I obviously didn’t know any of them personally but having had a lot of interest in both Paula and Michael as I am of that age, more than Peaches as I am a lot older, I have some opinions.

Paula and her friends (along with the media) did a very good job on that of Bob, because she so desperately needed to discredit him. She was in the wrong and was sick of him being seen as ‘some kind of saint’ and I think they would taunt him with that moniker to distract from her bad behaviour. Most of this is alleged but it’s pretty all out there for many years. Paula was successful and attractive, Bob was more of the brains of their marriage and tried very hard to keep them financially solvent. Paula was incredibly impulsive and I think it caused a lot of friction in their marriage - she would flit between things and always wanted more money, more things, better house, decorated again etc. She also was afraid of getting old and being seen as mumsy. Bob wasn’t liked as such but he was actually a producer/exec on the big breakfast while she was host, he knew what worked and he worked very hard to give his family a good life. He wasn’t very emotionally available though and worked long hours and always had big projects going on and I think she got bored and felt neglected. I think Bob liked Michael and they had a kind of musicians connection but Paula was anxious to feel desirable and have someone want her and her affair with Michael became toxic. What started as sex became then blatantly having a full affair that humiliated Bob and Michael would often be at the house when the kids were home and it infuriated Bob.

She was very infatuated with Michael for a long time, who was clearly quite damaged and struggling with his MH. Michael was not in good condition mentally and physically but she pushed to feel secure with him, something he was really not good at doing - commitment. I always thought that Paula just wanted validation that she was the one he would settle with but he wasn’t happy and he was never good at being faithful. He was struggling with his career failing when he died. His albums/tour wasn’t going well and he wasn’t getting on with his band. He was always very shy but if you watch last interviews with him before he died he doesn’t look well at all and his band mates and manager all reported he was feeling under immense pressure from Paula and Bobs very toxic divorce.

Their divorce was about Paula trying to get what she wanted to be with Michael and Bob trying to do what was best for his kids but it became about Paula feeling Bob was punishing her and Michael was obviously dragged in as the cheating party. Both hurt Bob immensely and then especially after Michael died, Paula spiralled down into a decent of alcohol and drugs and blaming Bob. She clearly became a poor parent over those years, with Bob constantly picking up the slack to care for the girls when she couldn’t. I think he loved her as the mother of his kids and supported her how he could but she was so fragile and losing Michael just left her in a place she couldn’t recover from. She didn’t recover from it and even her 4 kids couldn’t get her out of that place. Bob became an easy target for all her anger

Imagine watching all this those 4 little girls

I really hope the 3 girls do have nice lives. Peaches was beautiful and I feel very sad she couldn’t kick her habit but I respect her for trying to

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Possible trigger- bed sharing and infant death
I bed share with my almost 1 year old and have done since he was born. Co-sleeping is where baby and parent(s) sleep in the same room, not the same sleep space. Bed sharing can be done safely and to me is the biological norm when done so safely! However, safe bed sharing isn’t talked about enough so therefore parents often end up falling asleep in unsafe sleep situations - such as on the sofa or in bed without a proper safe sleep set up and when parents disclose they bed share they’re often shamed or told they’re baby will die. When in fact when parents are told about the lullaby trust’s Safe Sleep 7 where the risk of SIDS is significantly reduced. However, in hindsight Peaches an opiate user should not be promoting bed sharing as drug, alcohol and smoke free parents are one of the Safe Sleep 7
I would like to see your evidence that the safe sleep 7 reduces SIDS risk. The largest meta analysis I have seen stated bedsharing increases SIDS risk by 5 times even in the absence of the three major risk factors.

Reactions: 2
Is that what Common People by Pulp is about?
Basically! Rich kid at art school. He's from a working class Northern family. Complete opposites. Ironically Jarvis Cocker now is that rich middle class person!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
To clarify - Saint Bob was what she called him and it was after he did live aid

She did not want to be the villain and she also was horrified to find out Michael had no money, no trust for Tiger, left her nothing and didn’t marry her. If you have ever seen the documentary of Paula in Australia or 60 minutes Oz it is pretty awful. She became unbearable about Michael, refusing to accept how he had died and demanding money from his estate. She alienated all his family who wanted to get to know Tiger too

• Angry
Reactions: 13
I guess the Kent home was their weekend/country house. Maybe the walled garden is the Kent home and they are there for lockdown, it’s not too far to the beach either. It’s sooo nice down there, I’m v jealous.

Pixie has the most ginormous engagement ring, just been eyeing it up on Instagram. Peaches had a whopper of a diamond too (her engagement ring was almost too big... if that is possible), I wonder if they repurposed Paula’s jewellery.
Can't imagine an ex band member of S.C.U.M could afford that rock!

Reactions: 7
Can't imagine an ex band member of S.C.U.M could afford that rock!
Well that’s what I was thinking! She also upgraded her engagement ring from the one he originally gave her. Which I think is quite a savage move

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I would like to see your evidence that the safe sleep 7 reduces SIDS risk. The largest meta analysis I have seen stated bedsharing increases SIDS risk by 5 times even in the absence of the three major risk factors.
I assume when you say the three major risk factors you’re referring to smoking, drug use and alcohol? There is more to safe bed sharing than just those three things alone. Unfortunately a lot of statistics include unsafe bed sharing cases or cases where a parent has fallen asleep on a sofa or chair. When data is analysed to only include safe bed sharing the numbers are a lot lower and are often SIDS cases (SIDS- where no other cause of death can be found) the four biggest issues associated with SIDS are smoking, laying a baby facedown to sleep, leaving a baby to sleep unattended and formula feeding. SIDS is different to Accidental Suffocation and Strangulation in Bed (ASSB) which happens when a baby is in an unsafe sleep environment with an impaired parent/carer. As I stated before bed sharing shame and warnings about bed sharing often lead mothers to not take their babies to bed with them however they still need a place to feed baby which more often than not ends up being a chair or sofa which are riskier places to fall asleep with a baby than a bed where the appropriate measures have been taken.

(In no way shape or form am I bashing formula feeding)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It also says she lived here before she died, in Hastings

That house is 😍😍😍, say what you like about them the Geldof’s have good taste in real estate

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Going back a few pages, but I also think Billie Piper did the "move to the country and have kids" thing too. They all seem to go back to London life.

Reactions: 19
I love Faversham. I wanted to move to Faversham or Whitstable and Broadstairs but couldnt afford it. Would love to retire to Kent. Maybe one day.
Faversham is where the family home was with Bob, and they had a home in London. They still go back to the Faversham house a lot, and this is where Paula and Peaches are buried

Reactions: 3
Well that’s what I was thinking! She also upgraded her engagement ring from the one he originally gave her. Which I think is quite a savage move
Gosh that is horrible. He is from an intellectual, middle class family quite bohemian. Not to be rude, but I would imagine his family would have felt he was marrying down with Peaches despite the money factor.

It also says she lived here before she died, in Hastings

I am droooooooooooooling over that house!!!

Reactions: 7
Soooo bit of a long post here and I did not know her at all so this is just all observational but about fifteen years ago I was really into a certain London scene (strictly for the music but the partying was sometimes off the scale) and there was a notorious online forum which I joined to find out what would be going down on any given night. Peaches was a member and posted under her own name so everyone there knew who she was. This forum was notoriously unmoderated and absolutely brutal. If someone said something daft they would take no prisoners. So you can imagine how well a teenage Peaches went down. Looking back she was just a kid trying to hang with the cool crowd but she was pretty daft and annoying. Like I said, the forum could be brutal but there were also a lot of incredibly witty and hilarious people and I would often spend time just howling at their antics. The humour was dark though. They would do things like start a pile on and mercilessly go after people. If Peaches did a magazine article and the comments were left open it was open season. Tbh, her writing was piss poor so I never really felt bad for her.

The scene was pretty hard living but I was on the older end of the spectrum, had a full time job etc so while I probably overdid it at times I was still pretty level headed just massively sleep deprived! But there were really, really young kids on that scene and I was shocked that the recreational drug of choice was smack. When I was their age it was party drugs and even they messed people up. But smack as a party drug? Big problem. Sadly, most of the young ones that started messing with it ended up in huge trouble. Peaches was obviously one of them. I saw it coming when she was about 16 and DJing in a venue in Whitechapel that was notorious for smack being done in the toilets etc. It was really messy. Both her and Pixie were rich girls slumming it and could be rude and entitled. They expected to get in anywhere for free. I didn't like either of them.

No one has mentioned here the amount of work she had done either. She was quite chubby with messed up teeth back in the day so I was surprised when she was reinvented as an earth mother as she was very slim with pearly whites and big lips. She never used to look like that. She was chubby when she was using so I personally don't think it was the drugs. I think she had a hell of a lot of work done including a lap band or weight loss surgery. She honestly looked like a completely different person at the end of her life. Without wanting to sound too mean, I think the husband and babies was just another phase she went through. I don't think it was possible for her to be a good mother and someone else was probably looking after them most of the time.
I lived in london for a couple of years and was at a few of the same parties/events as her and Fiona Brown in their Trash Pussies days. They were pretty wild. I remember them both dancing completely naked on top of the bar and nobody paying them any attention.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I believe Paula also took fertility drugs with Tiger Lily. I think also think perhaps it wasnt as serious a relationship for Michael Hutchence as it was for Paula. I think she also put him on a massive pedestal which obviously didnt help.
I'm sure in the Mystify documentary it was mentioned that one of Michael Hutchence's final phone calls was to ex-girlfriend Michele Bennett. She said he was crying on the phone and told her he needed to see her. When she arrived at his hotel room soon after there was no answer when she knocked. An hour later, the maid found his body. Imagine what knowing that would have done to Paula. Hard to accept/understand I imagine.

Reactions: 9
Going back a few pages, but I also think Billie Piper did the "move to the country and have kids" thing too. They all seem to go back to London life.
That’s what I Hate Suzie is about!

Is he trans? No pictures of the kids, and he’s not following any of the old crowd. Strange.
A lot of celebs post their kids but blur faces or photograph the kids from behind like Katherine Ryan or Fearn Cotton. To be fair, if I was him, I’d not post pics of the kids either. Odd that he doesn’t follow Daisy, or any of the Geldof girls though and they don’t follow him either.

Reactions: 11
She came to promote something in Ireland one time

It was a tv showbiz/fashion type show called Xposé I think anyway I remember she was so rude on it -swear to god.
She was acting bored and irritated by the presenter like being there was such an annoyance for her. Can’t remember what she was promoting
Wasn’t she the same on that Fearne Cotton programme, like Fearne was just an irritation, I felt really sorry for her.

Reactions: 3
I always had a soft spot for Paula Yates, I know she wasn’t perfect, but I loved her on the Big Breakfast, she was fun.
I remember hearing about how she found out the truth about her biological father (she was always in the tabloids at that time, poor woman), but I‘d forgotten that it was just a few weeks after Michael Hutchence passed away. No matter how rich or famous you are, that’s a lot of trauma in a short space of time.

From Wikipedia -

“In December 1997, a few weeks after Hutchence's death and while Yates was fighting for custody of Tiger, Yates suffered another blow when a DNA test result confirmed tabloid media reports that Jess Yates, who had died in April 1993, was not Yates's biological father. A paternity test proved that the talent show host Hughie Green, who had died six months before Hutchence, was her biological father.[16]

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I wonder how much truth their was in the rumours that Pixie wasn’t Bob’s but Michael’s

I admit I don’t see any resemblance to either Bob or Paula, yet her and Tiger look very similar.

While Fifi and Peaches look like Bob.
Apparently she was sniffing around him back in the day when she interviewed him on The Tube way before the big breakfast interview.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.