Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I often think about Peaches Geldof, it’s such a waste of a life that she is gone. I think it’s because she was only a few years older than me and she seemed to have her whole life together, I was almost jealous of her lovely kids and her super cool husband. I remember where I was, on the bus, when the news about her death came through, and how shocked I was when the verdict came out that it was heroin.

Anyway, I’ve seen quite a few posts in these forums about her and the strange circumstances surrounding her passing. So I thought maybe I would make a thread for her.

There are a few weird rumours that I have seen on here: this blind which I really can’t believe is true at all?! I heard from a friend of a friend who went to school with Thomas Cohen that is is incredibly nice.

He Killed Her: Apparently, he confessed. He got drunk and confessed. He did so to the sister of the woman he killed who he was also sleeping with. He says he killed her because she was going to leave him and take the kids. So, since she already had issues with drugs, he just gave her a little more while she was already passed out and she never woke up. Apparently the sister is not the first person he confessed to. He also confessed to a celebrity ex-girlfriend who is an ex-girlfriend because he told her. She thought she was the only one sleeping with him while he was married, but he was also sleeping with his wife and his sister-in-law. At this point, the whole family knows, and has known for almost two years that he did it. That he killed this celebrity. So far though, the family is willing to sweep it under the rug for the sake of the kids. They had already come to terms with the death and even though he was the one who added the extra to kill her, they have convinced themselves she would have ended up dead anyway. There is so much drug death in that family.
Thomas Cohen / Peaches Geldof
Sister: Tigerlily or Pixie Geldof
Celebrity ex: Daisy Lowe

A link to this thread has been circulated on here, much of which seems far fetched (do I need a tin hat) https://alternaticity.boards.net/th...o discuss but at least here is a place for it.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
God, really?
Thought he was at his mum’s with older son. Wouldn’t that be verified? And the baby was left with her alone overnight-surely he wouldn’t have subjected the baby to that??
Was he abusive to her?

• Wow
Reactions: 17
God, really?
Thought he was at his mum’s with older son. Wouldn’t that be verified? And the baby was left with her alone overnight-surely he wouldn’t have subjected the baby to that??
Was he abusive to her?
Yes that's what I though. He was at his mothers with the older son. Not sure if Geldof would sweep that under the carpet, and surely her being a drug addict would mean he would have a good stab at custody if they divorced anyway? I think the story is that he thought she was clean, so it wasnt a big deal to leave the kids with her. Has he slept with her sister and her best friend? Weird!

Reactions: 23
I do know that she overdosed and ended up in hospital as a consequence several times.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
This is the timeline of events:

Thursday 3 April

Husband Tom Cohen takes the couple’s two children, Astala, two, and
one-year-old Phaedra to stay for the weekend at his parents’ house in south
east London.

Friday 4 April – evening

Peaches goes out for a meal in London during the evening with two close
friends. She and one of the friends then go to the cinema before returning
to her friend’s house in Hampstead where Peaches stays overnight.

Saturday 5 April – morning/early afternoon

Peaches goes shopping in London before returning to Kent by train, arriving
back at Sevenoaks train station at 1.13pm.

She takes a taxi back to her home.

Saturday 5 April – afternoon/early evening

Peaches watches TV show True Detective and speaks to friends and family on her
phone.

There is no concern for her welfare.

Sunday 6 April – daytime

At home alone, Peaches maintains contact with friends on the phone and tries
to arrange a day out with family.

She tweets a picture with caption: “Bought Astala a cool summer look!
Liberty print caftan with matching shorts in a different colour and…”

Day out is cancelled due to poor weather.

5pm

Tom’s father Keith Cohen takes youngest child Phaedra back to Wrotham and
spends about half an hour with Peaches before leaving the child with her.

Inquest hears there is nothing about her mood or behaviour that concerns him.

6.17pm

Peaches posts a picture of herself as a child with her mother Paula Yates on
Instagram with the comment “me and my mum”.

She also messages friends saying she has been bathing her son Phaedra.

6.50pm

Peaches sends a message about the children to her mother-in-law Susan.

7.01pm

Peaches sends message asking her friend to phone her.

7.14pm

Peaches looks for The Dog Whisperer TV show on YouTube.

7.45pm

Peaches has a 12-minute phone conversation with the friend she had sent a
message to at 7.01pm.

This is the last known contact Peaches has.

9.48pm

Tom rings Peaches but there is no answer.

Nobody has any concern for her welfare.

Monday 7 April – morning

Tom makes repeated efforts to contact his wife but has no success.

A neighbour and a local dog warden visit Peaches’ home address but receive no
answer to knocks at the front door.

1.30pm

Tom, his mum Sue Cohen and Astala return to the family home in Kent.

Tom finds his wife on the edge of the bed and slumped forward in a spare
bedroom.

It is obvious to him that she is dead, the inquest is told.

1.35pm

Tom alerts his mother who rings the emergency services and relays information
from her son that he believes his wife has taken a heroin overdose.

Tom finds his son Phaedra.

1.55pm

Police and paramedics arrive and attend to Peaches, confirming “life extinct”.

Peaches’ body is removed from the property later that evening and taken to
Darent Valley Hospital where she is identified by her father Bob Geldof.

Personally, I really don’t think that Tom was involved. What the coroner said about her being less tolerant to the heroin after weaning herself off it seems highly likely, didn’t the same thing kill her mum.

Somethings are weird though:

Why did his dad bring only one baby back to Kent? New Eltham to Borough Green and Wrotham is an hour and twenty with three changes, then just to stay for half an hour. Seems like a big ask.

Why would you leave your 11 month old baby with someone you knew was taking drugs, I know that it was likely she hid a lot from him but Thomas Cohen said he was not at all surprised by her overdose, I think Bob said something similar. It seems nuts to leave a baby in her care. Why didn’t Bob step inThe poor baby was alone for hours and hours in the house, what if he had hurt himself.

Also isn’t it weird that Bob identified her body when Thomas had found it, maybe he wanted to say goodbye. Such a truly awful situation.

If I had not managed to get through to my wife (who I knew was using) at around 10pm then I would have a concern for her welfare. I get concerned when I don’t hear from my husband in hours (maybe I’m needy). It sounds like no one in the family had had contact from 6:50pm when she messaged her mother in law, I certainly wouldn’t wait until the morning/ to get home at lunch time. And why did a neighbour randomly go round to check on her with a local warden, who sounded the alarm.

There was talk about her exposing a peadophile ring (although this seems to be a conspiracy theory for a lot of things).

It was so terribly tragic, the fact that she was clean from heroin for a few years indicates she was trying to get clean, she was on methadone.

I hope her boys are living a vey fulfilled life surrounded by love.

I really don’t believe that blind, seems far fetched and he seems nice, he seemed to calm her down a lot too. Thomas has a new Instagram account, his aesthetic has changed a bit. His name is II_sylph_II
3E4BC1C0-2831-41CC-BE83-C7AF3B943DCC.jpeg

There was also talk of the nanny being a bit strange, not sure if anyone know about that. Oh and a rumour of a ‘cosy’ relationship between Tom and Tiger https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-Tiger-Lily-Hutchence-family-beach-break.html

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Such a sad death fascinates me though as she seemed so together
Why did his dad bring only one baby back to Kent? New Eltham to Borough Green and Wrotham is an hour and twenty with three changes, then just to stay for half an hour. Seems like a big ask.
Yes that seems weird to me. Why only bring back the baby? Even if he was being cranky or whatever, if my baby was being cranky, I would hope my husband would come back early with both kids rather than get his dad to take one baby on a massive train journey.

If I had not managed to get through to my wife (who I knew was using) at around 10pm then I would have a concern for her welfare. I get concerned when I don’t hear from my husband in hours (maybe I’m needy). It sounds like no one in the family had had contact from 6:50pm when she messaged her mother in law, I certainly wouldn’t wait until the morning/ to get home at lunch time. And why did a neighbour randomly go round to check on her with a local warden, who sounded the alarm.
See, I would just assume they had gone to bed, or they were busy with the baby, but then, my partner isnt a drug addict. That leads back to the baby issue. Why go to so much effort to take the baby back?

Reactions: 15
I always thought it was because of breastfeeding.
I realise how heartbreaking that sounds. Feeding from a heroin addicted mother.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I remember reading at the time that she was struggling to get clean. Apparently the drugs paraphernalia that must have been on the bed were moved by Cohen.

It took them a fair while to get to her didn't it? Over 3 hours? Didn't rush then.

I remember reading at the time that she was struggling to get clean. Apparently the drugs paraphernalia that must have been on the bed were moved by Cohen.

It took them a fair while to get to her didn't it? Over 3 hours? Didn't rush then.
Yes! Super weird. So let’s say the last she spoke to her family (mother in law) was 7pm. Between then and them turning up around lunch is 18 hours. 18 hours with no contact is super weird isn’t it, a known addict and your baby. Wouldn’t you be over there straight away!?!

Yes I think you might be right re breastfeeding. Although a 2 and a half hour return journey for some breast milk when the baby had been with Tom is a bit weird too, especially if they were going over the next day anyway. Seems like a right old faff couldn’t he have formula one night.

I also think about this a lot and wonder how that family are doing. I used to really be so jealous of Peacjes when I was a teenager because she seened so cool to me and had a column in Teen Vogue (I think it was?) and It just seemed so glamorous to my 14 year olds self. Whah happened here is so tragic, those poor boys losing their mother. I also find it strange that no one seemed overly alarmed by it but maybe in hindsight they think the same and wish they’d acted differently so I don’t want to judge too hardly

• Heart
Reactions: 38
When you look at photos of Peaches in the year leading to her death it was obvious she was a Heroin addict, she had the drawn look they all have. Did they ever find the dealer who gave her the drugs on the night she died?

Reactions: 11
I thought brea
I always thought it was because of breastfeeding.
I realise how heartbreaking that sounds. Feeding from a heroin addicted mother.
I thought breastfeeding too, but how old was the baby? Its a long time, a weekend to go without feeding if that was the issue. I breastfed a 1 year old when I went back to work and it was morning and night regularly.

Reactions: 6
When you look at photos of Peaches in the year leading to her death it was obvious she was a Heroin addict, she had the drawn look they all have. Did they ever find the dealer who gave her the drugs on the night she died?
No, the police ended up dropping the case sadly.

You are right, she looked very drawn out and super skinny, I think she blamed her skinniness on her pregnancy at the time... it’s weird because now we know it’s obvious but at the time I was genuinely beyond shocked it was heroin. I totally believed the earth mother facade.

I know, we shouldn’t judge harshly and I don’t mean too. I suppose I don’t think their actions were sinister, just really strange. I’m sure they kick themselves but it’s not their fault.

I also thought peaches was the coolest, didn’t she move to NY solo when she was pretty young. I read that the sisters all lived in a separate flat within the same house to Bob and his girlfriend/wife. Honestly at the time that would have been my dream! But now I look back and am glad for my boring parents!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Has he slept with her sister and her best friend? Weird!
He had a fling with Daisy Lowe, but then, hasn't everyone?! This was after Peaches had died. I've never heard that he was carrying on with Daisy while Peaches was alive.

I think the rumours about Tom and Tiger were just that. The rumours were based on these photos:

I don't think there's anything more to Peaches death than that fact she was a heroin addict, who had been clean or trying to get clean for some time. Her tolerance for the drug wasn't what it used to be, and as often happens when this is the case, she overdosed.

Reactions: 24
To be honest Bob just left them all to parents themselves, I don’t think he was a good dad. Yes the three older girls all lived in a self contained flat together. I think it was basement flat under his house. Three young teenagers living on their own in central London, that wasn’t going to end well. Sadly.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I remember being truly shocked at her death. She was very skinny and I was always a bit suspicious of that but thought she may have an eating disorder. She seemed to have very normal friends from the local baby wearing club. I wonder if they knew about her drug use.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I read a lot of things about Paula and Michael, also seen all the documentaries about Michael as I was a big fan

My understanding was that Peaches had been hiding her drugs from Thomas in the house and going to meetings to get clean. He may well have not known exactly what she was doing but knew she was trying.

I really think Bob always struggled with his girls, he was not a traditional parent because by a young age they had already lived a showbiz whirlwind lifestyle and he was very distraught by his divorce and all that happened in the 2 years after it and losing Paula. I don’t think he dealt with his grief/anger very well. He was publicly blamed for decades for Michaels death by Michaels family. It very much ruined his career too. Bob was trying to stop Paula taking the girls out of school and moving to Australia to be with Michael on tour. Bob did not want them to go and both Paula and Michael were angry he had ruined their plans (by trying to keep them in school, and have a stable life). Paula did the same thing and died on Pixies 10th birthday, leaving Tiger alone in the house with her dead body.

I honestly can’t imagine how Peaches dealt with what happened in her early life and it is so sad she also became addicted to drugs but I don’t think it was suspicious

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
I remember being truly shocked at her death. She was very skinny and I was always a bit suspicious of that but thought she may have an eating disorder. She seemed to have very normal friends from the local baby wearing club. I wonder if they knew about her drug use.
I was in one of those babywearing groups and remember them all vehemently denying it was drug related when the news first broke, saying they'd been to her house for a meet up and there was no way, how normal she was etc etc. They all went very quiet after the truth came out.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.