Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a look at that facebook profile, it's like walking in to the past! Poor peaches, she looks so healthy and happy in those pictures. Her Instagram was deleted because the family requested it. Also (for some light relief) her pictures have reminded me about how good liquid eyeliner can look.

Oh god, this story is horrendous! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...g-Im-going-inject-Freddy-McConnels-words.html - that is pretty bad. I think the poster about how scarily common heroin is is so right, I'm two and a half years younger that Peaches, we come from similar ish backgrounds (obv not parent wise, but in terms of education and where we live in London - I think that's why she resonates with me) and I remember in 2014 one of my best friends was at a party with a famous British comedian - middle-aged male who has openly spoken about addiction - and ended up smoking crack..... she's never done it since and she said it wasn't explained to her at all, genuinely she was so naïve. So I can only imagine how easy it would have been for Peaches if she was actively seeking it out. Side note... Pete Doherty was/is the worst!

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Just had a look at that facebook profile, it's like walking in to the past! Poor peaches, she looks so healthy and happy in those pictures. Her Instagram was deleted because the family requested it. Also (for some light relief) her pictures have reminded me about how good liquid eyeliner can look.

Oh god, this story is horrendous! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...g-Im-going-inject-Freddy-McConnels-words.html - that is pretty bad. I think the poster about how scarily common heroin is is so right, I'm two and a half years younger that Peaches, we come from similar ish backgrounds (obv not parent wise, but in terms of education and where we live in London - I think that's why she resonates with me) and I remember in 2014 one of my best friends was at a party with a famous British comedian - middle-aged male who has openly spoken about addiction - and ended up smoking crack..... she's never done it since and she said it wasn't explained to her at all, genuinely she was so naïve. So I can only imagine how easy it would have been for Peaches if she was actively seeking it out. Side note... Pete Doherty was/is the worst!
Does his surname rhyme with a part of your body that there's two of?

Reactions: 4
I always presumed she'd been clean and fell of the wagon and misjudged her tolerance as so many do. The days leading up to her death seem pretty wholesome, lunch & cinema & shopping etc. Seems like she was feeling a bit morose with the post she made about her mum and she was alone (apart from her son) and it was a moment of weakness.
Obviously all conjecture. It's so sad though, the inevitability of it and the repetition of history. They must've had such a tough childhood despite their privilege, full of so much tragedy and upheaval.

Nope, but a surname he is famous for sits in a pear tree...

Allegedly

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
I find it strange how Daisy Lowe had a fling with Thomas ... yet weren’t her and Peaches supposed to be friends? I know she is friends with Pixie.

Who would do that? I would be disgusted if I were Pixie and I certainly wouldn’t be friends with her.

Reactions: 22
Nope, but a surname he is famous for sits in a pear tree...

Allegedly
Oh, I'm so glad it wasn't who I thought you meant! And I cannot stand the person you're allegedly referring to!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Such an interesting thread. I was so upset when Peaches died, I worked in a pub at the time and saw it on the news as it broke on the Monday early afternoon, I remember the manager saying ‘what you crying over some posh junkie for’. She was only a couple of years older than me and I’d grown up knowing who she was and thought she was so cool, I wanted to look like her, I was just so sad for her children and how scared the little boy left on his own must have been.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I always presumed she'd been clean and fell of the wagon and misjudged her tolerance as so many do. The days leading up to her death seem pretty wholesome, lunch & cinema & shopping etc. Seems like she was feeling a bit morose with the post she made about her mum and she was alone (apart from her son) and it was a moment of weakness.
Obviously all conjecture. It's so sad though, the inevitability of it and the repetition of history. They must've had such a tough childhood despite their privilege, full of so much tragedy and upheaval.
Yeah, but if you were clean you wouldn’t have any in the house.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m not excusing anyone for not noticing, but she was measuring out the heroine exactly, I’ve heard of so many functioning heroin addicts like this, that work as top lawyers CEO’s etc. What killed her was a strong less cut supply. My point was I can see how she got away with it.

Gosh I didn’t realise her sons were only a few days more than 1 year apart! Cripes. Cute kids though. Hope they have some positive influences in their life right now

Reactions: 9
This is probably unpopular, but I thought Paula Yates was an atrocious Mother, too interested in hooking up with Michael Hutchence than looking after her kids. I couldn't bear Peaches when she was alive but was very sad when she died - 25 is no age.

Reactions: 50
I think it's clear Paula put her own needs first. I suspect Peaches was trying to recreate the childhood she wishes she had post the marriage break up and death of her mother.

I wonder about the timing of the photo too of her and Paula too. I buy into her feeling a bit morose. I read they found 80 syringes in the house and she and Thomas argued about her using in February. The pressure of being a mum to two babies must have been immense.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The little boys were so cute and were always beaming in photos. They were obviously happy and very well loved. It’s so sad. They won’t have any memory of her now 😥

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
This is probably unpopular, but I thought Paula Yates was an atrocious Mother, too interested in hooking up with Michael Hutchence than looking after her kids. I couldn't bear Peaches when she was alive but was very sad when she died - 25 is no age.
I think Paula tried and loved her daughters but she had such a lousy relationship with her own mother and again addiction played a huge role on her failure as a parent.

Tbh if it wasn’t for their Nanny called Anita the girls probably wouldn’t of had any type of decent parenting , Peaches was still close to her in the later years before her death.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I suspect Peaches had been a functioning heroin addict for quite a long time. The Instagram account and attachment parent thing was all about “fake it until you make it” as a previous poster said. I don’t believe her OD was her falling off the wagon. You don’t have that many syringes in the house unless you’re using regularly.

Reactions: 28
I can’t be bothered to find a link but I’m sure shortly after her death they found everything to indicate that she basically medicated herself with heroin, small functional amounts. Then was sold stronger gear that she was no longer used to.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I find it strange how Daisy Lowe had a fling with Thomas ... yet weren’t her and Peaches supposed to be friends? I know she is friends with Pixie.

Who would do that? I would be disgusted if I were Pixie and I certainly wouldn’t be friends with her.
I never really found it that weird, I think it was two years after Peaches died, she probably knew the children too with being in that friendship circle for some time.
Isn’t it some kind of known phenomenon (if that’s the right word) that widowed people (probably more men) are more likely to end up with their wives friends than anyone random? I might be making this up though.

Thinking about it, I’d probably rather my husband end up with my best friend who my children adore than some randomer.

Reactions: 29
I think it's clear Paula put her own needs first. I suspect Peaches was trying to recreate the childhood she wishes she had post the marriage break up and death of her mother.

I wonder about the timing of the photo too of her and Paula too. I buy into her feeling a bit morose. I read they found 80 syringes in the house and she and Thomas argued about her using in February. The pressure of being a mum to two babies must have been immense.
Yes this is what I think too. She was obsessed with Hutchence for a long time. Anyone has a right to leave a bad relationship but she just seemed obsessed with her men, first Geldof then Hutchence, over and above her chidren. Didnt she leave them with Bob to go off with Hutchence?

Reactions: 13
Paula’s own childhood was very dysfunctional though. When you’ve not had good parental role models growing up it can be hard to know how to parent yourself.

Ive seen it said that Michael had already moved on from Paula shortly before he died and was seeing another woman. I don’t think their relationship would have lasted. But she was obsessed with him.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.