Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is a baby wearing group?
On Facebook. Bunch of mum's that use slings/carriers for their babies. Probably sounds weird but slings can get quite addictive in the way some women buy pram after pram and people can build up quite the collection of slings.

ETA they'd arrange meet ups to show different ways to wrap babies, sample different slings, make friends etc. It was a nice community.

Reactions: 7
It was such a tragic death.
I'm glad they are keeping those little boys out of the spotlight. I think the last pictures I remember seeing was from Fifi's wedding, but their faces were blurred. They both had long white blonde hair. That was around 2016 I belive

Reactions: 8
Her babies were unbelievably cute! I’m glad they are out the spotlight

I think the family basically deleted pretty much all traces of peaches after she died, her Instagram, Twitter, pictures etc. Her siblings don’t really share much about her. Which I totally understand. But I did used to love looking at her Instagram, I remember her dogs were soooo cute too.

I think Tom’s family is pretty normal, I don’t know why but I think someone told me his parents are psychologists, I’m sure they are all helping raise the boys. I guess they are 7/8 now, time flies!

Reactions: 17
Peaches had problems with drugs for years and years. I remember a story from when she was maybe 18 or 19. She was rushed to hospital due to a 'reaction to hair dye.' It wasn't a reaction to hair dye, of course, it was an overdose.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
I think the circumstances of her death are probably sadly typical of a drugs overdose. I remember being pretty shocked by it as she wasn’t much older than me and I grew up reading her columns in teen magazines. She was a bit annoying and precocious as a teen but seemed to flourish as a mother and what happened to her is just so sad

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think her and Paula both dealt with being drug addicts and mothers in the same way. By really going hard on the ' earth mother' business. I dont think it was lying or fake but I think it was a desperate attempt to be a good mother in a fake it til you make it way or as a way of getting away from the lure of drugs by being super wholesome, and telling everyone else how super wholesome they were. Unfortunately it wasnt enough for either of them.

• Sad
Reactions: 47
I have a feeling it was quite well known she was into drugs I remember she had a spat with Lilly Allan who made a comment about whether Peaches pumped and dumped, at the time I thought it was alcohol but I doubt it. Looking at her photos when she was pregnant she looks unwell I wonder if she was using methadone then ?

• Sad
Reactions: 22
This is the timeline of events:

Thursday 3 April

Husband Tom Cohen takes the couple’s two children, Astala, two, and
one-year-old Phaedra to stay for the weekend at his parents’ house in south
east London.

Friday 4 April – evening

Peaches goes out for a meal in London during the evening with two close
friends. She and one of the friends then go to the cinema before returning
to her friend’s house in Hampstead where Peaches stays overnight.

Saturday 5 April – morning/early afternoon

Peaches goes shopping in London before returning to Kent by train, arriving
back at Sevenoaks train station at 1.13pm.

She takes a taxi back to her home.

Saturday 5 April – afternoon/early evening

Peaches watches TV show True Detective and speaks to friends and family on her
phone.

There is no concern for her welfare.

Sunday 6 April – daytime

At home alone, Peaches maintains contact with friends on the phone and tries
to arrange a day out with family.

She tweets a picture with caption: “Bought Astala a cool summer look!
Liberty print caftan with matching shorts in a different colour and…”

Day out is cancelled due to poor weather.

5pm

Tom’s father Keith Cohen takes youngest child Phaedra back to Wrotham and
spends about half an hour with Peaches before leaving the child with her.

Inquest hears there is nothing about her mood or behaviour that concerns him.

6.17pm

Peaches posts a picture of herself as a child with her mother Paula Yates on
Instagram with the comment “me and my mum”.

She also messages friends saying she has been bathing her son Phaedra.

6.50pm

Peaches sends a message about the children to her mother-in-law Susan.

7.01pm

Peaches sends message asking her friend to phone her.

7.14pm

Peaches looks for The Dog Whisperer TV show on YouTube.

7.45pm

Peaches has a 12-minute phone conversation with the friend she had sent a
message to at 7.01pm.

This is the last known contact Peaches has.

9.48pm

Tom rings Peaches but there is no answer.

Nobody has any concern for her welfare.

Monday 7 April – morning

Tom makes repeated efforts to contact his wife but has no success.

A neighbour and a local dog warden visit Peaches’ home address but receive no
answer to knocks at the front door.

1.30pm

Tom, his mum Sue Cohen and Astala return to the family home in Kent.

Tom finds his wife on the edge of the bed and slumped forward in a spare
bedroom.

It is obvious to him that she is dead, the inquest is told.

1.35pm

Tom alerts his mother who rings the emergency services and relays information
from her son that he believes his wife has taken a heroin overdose.

Tom finds his son Phaedra.

1.55pm

Police and paramedics arrive and attend to Peaches, confirming “life extinct”.

Peaches’ body is removed from the property later that evening and taken to
Darent Valley Hospital where she is identified by her father Bob Geldof.

Personally, I really don’t think that Tom was involved. What the coroner said about her being less tolerant to the heroin after weaning herself off it seems highly likely, didn’t the same thing kill her mum.

Somethings are weird though:

Why did his dad bring only one baby back to Kent? New Eltham to Borough Green and Wrotham is an hour and twenty with three changes, then just to stay for half an hour. Seems like a big ask.

Why would you leave your 11 month old baby with someone you knew was taking drugs, I know that it was likely she hid a lot from him but Thomas Cohen said he was not at all surprised by her overdose, I think Bob said something similar. It seems nuts to leave a baby in her care. Why didn’t Bob step inThe poor baby was alone for hours and hours in the house, what if he had hurt himself.

Also isn’t it weird that Bob identified her body when Thomas had found it, maybe he wanted to say goodbye. Such a truly awful situation.

If I had not managed to get through to my wife (who I knew was using) at around 10pm then I would have a concern for her welfare. I get concerned when I don’t hear from my husband in hours (maybe I’m needy). It sounds like no one in the family had had contact from 6:50pm when she messaged her mother in law, I certainly wouldn’t wait until the morning/ to get home at lunch time. And why did a neighbour randomly go round to check on her with a local warden, who sounded the alarm.

There was talk about her exposing a peadophile ring (although this seems to be a conspiracy theory for a lot of things).

It was so terribly tragic, the fact that she was clean from heroin for a few years indicates she was trying to get clean, she was on methadone.

I hope her boys are living a vey fulfilled life surrounded by love.

I really don’t believe that blind, seems far fetched and he seems nice, he seemed to calm her down a lot too. Thomas has a new Instagram account, his aesthetic has changed a bit. His name is II_sylph_II
View attachment 415085

There was also talk of the nanny being a bit strange, not sure if anyone know about that. Oh and a rumour of a ‘cosy’ relationship between Tom and Tiger https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-Tiger-Lily-Hutchence-family-beach-break.html
Is he trans??

The IG account appears to be delete?

Is he trans??

The IG account appears to be delete?
I nthink it’s just just hard to find

I’m not sure he is trans, I think maybe just experimental. I’m not sure. His new girlfriend is called opheliathanatos on insta

Reactions: 10
I remember seeing her on This Morning talking about parenting and taking on Katie Hopkins. She came across totally in control, healthy and well. Very sad when the news broke. Still one I think about now

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I think he has quite a beautiful pre-raphaelite esque face, I heard from a friend of a friend back in the day that he was genuinely lovely and super kind. The style is not really my thing, I guess he is super cool. the whole thing would have messed him up quite a bit.

London and major cities are absolutely awash with Heroin and have been for such a long time. The thing that surprised me when I first moved to London was the range of people doing Heroin. Its heavily stigmatised but loads of people and I mean loads do it. With Peaches you see its really heavy in the music scene and most people who do Heroin never get off it. They may have short periods where they get clean but its habitual.

Peaches like her mother was a talented writer when they both could be bothered. The lifestyle caught up with her. Glad her boys have been kept out of the limelight. I know he has made so many mistakes but Bon Geldof was tortured by his divorce from Paula who he truly loved. The grief did a real number on him but he still took on Tiger Lily it was all a big mess and he tried to keep his family together the best he could.

• Wow
Reactions: 33
I think her and Paula both dealt with being drug addicts and mothers in the same way. By really going hard on the ' earth mother' business. I dont think it was lying or fake but I think it was a desperate attempt to be a good mother in a fake it til you make it way or as a way of getting away from the lure of drugs by being super wholesome, and telling everyone else how super wholesome they were. Unfortunately it wasnt enough for either of them.
I think this is spot on, and it’s a reminder (like we needed one) that someone’s image on social media is a facade like any other.

I remember thinking she was anorexic. She was SO thin and her face barely resembled her teenage self (her face was so drawn it was like her teeth didn’t fit her face anymore). I couldn’t believe how ill she looked. Heroin didn’t cross my mind for a minute.

Also remember the time her buggy hit a pothole, tipped over and the baby wasn’t even strapped in 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 27
I remember the pictures from the pram in the pothole and her on the phone. It was so terrible what happened to her. I did the whole Google and social media hunt a few months ago on her. I remember being really jealous of how skinny she was and I wondered how she got to be so thin. Shame.
I have a son at a similar age to hers when she died and I cannot begin to imagine the screaming and crying that little lad did when she lay there dead. He must have been so scared and upset that his mum wasn’t coming in to console him.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Addiction is terrible, and unfortunately for Peaches it won, I think she desperately tried to have the family life she never had with her two sons, husband and living in the country side but the death of her mother always cast a shadow over her life and she struggled

It’s just utterly tragic, her sister has a song on her one album she did called Twin Thing about Peaches which is quite haunting.

I hope history doesn’t repeat itself with her sons and they being raised away from it all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Poor Peaches. I was quite sad when she died. I thought she seemed like a good mum.
Growing up I always thought she was very beautiful with her big eyes and full lips.

Reactions: 16
I forgot about the pram incident. However l nearly did something similar one morning when l was exhausted, just an oversight.

I'm sure she said that she didn't have that much of a relationship with Bob and he hardly saw the children. Will see if l can find a link.

I didn't know her sm was deleted. What do people make of that?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.