Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She looks so healthy in those pictures. It cant have been much before her death.

Reactions: 6
She was the first person i ever followed on Instagram and although im older than her, the way she presented motherhood and how easy she made it look I always thought good for you and really believes that she had escaped her family issues.

Reactions: 14
London and major cities are absolutely awash with Heroin and have been for such a long time. The thing that surprised me when I first moved to London was the range of people doing Heroin. Its heavily stigmatised but loads of people and I mean loads do it. With Peaches you see its really heavy in the music scene and most people who do Heroin never get off it. They may have short periods where they get clean but its habitual.

Peaches like her mother was a talented writer when they both could be bothered. The lifestyle caught up with her. Glad her boys have been kept out of the limelight. I know he has made so many mistakes but Bon Geldof was tortured by his divorce from Paula who he truly loved. The grief did a real number on him but he still took on Tiger Lily it was all a big mess and he tried to keep his family together the best he could.
I read Pearl Lowes autobiography. When she spoke about her heroin addiction she said that heroin use was really looked down on in the music/showbiz circles she was in whereas Cocaine use was basically like having a cigarette. But this was the 90's. I thought since you can basically function on Coke but heroin really ravages you, it would still he the case.

According to this she wasn't able to bf Astala so doubt she was bfing Phaedra after a year.

She didn't know she could get pregnant while bfing??
This can be a common misconception. If a mother is breastfeeding exclusively or even on a consistent basis, it is less likely that she is going to ovulate at all until baby starts to wean. But the “protective” effect of breastfeeding becomes progressively less effective the longer it's been since the birth.

• Wow
I didn’t realise the family had her social media accounts deleted. She was prolific Tweeter and one of the first celebs to embrace Instagram as well. I think they probably all carry a lot guilt.

Reactions: 17
The whole Geldof clan seem to be a lot more quiet on the media front since she died. I suppose understandably as it was a tragic situation of history repeating itself. They must have known she was using drugs for a while.

Reactions: 15
Last time Peaches came up on the early celeb gossip threads here someone gave the name of a fairly open FB account which was hers - still up last year. Loads of happy photos of her and the kids. Can't remember the name though.

Reactions: 8
This can be a common misconception. If a mother is breastfeeding exclusively or even on a consistent basis, it is less likely that she is going to ovulate at all until baby starts to wean. But the “protective” effect of breastfeeding becomes progressively less effective the longer it's been since the birth.
I’ve never heard of anyone who thinks this, even the midwives are very clear about the need to use protection after birth so as not to pregnant again too quickly. I call bullshit on that one, she just didn’t want any criticism of her parenting.
She was quite an accomplished liar, I remember how outraged she was when ‘that cool guy Ben’ posted about them taking heroin together one night. Threatened all sorts and tried to get her rabid fans to ruin his life. Turned out it was all true.

• Wow
This thread is really interesting. The whole thing is so tragic.

I remember reading that Mother & Baby article when my babies were the same age. Peaches seemed like a lovely mum.

It says she stopped breastfeeding because of thyroid issues but I wonder if it was because of concerns of Heroin or methadone being in her breast milk? (This is obvs pure speculation.)

The idea of attachment parenting being done by a nanny seems a bit strange as well? And then the nanny leaving the family. Must have been extra devastating for the children.

Found this article on Paula Yates and her sad childhood really interesting

Reactions: 10
I nthink it’s just just hard to find

I’m not sure he is trans, I think maybe just experimental. I’m not sure. His new girlfriend is called opheliathanatos on insta
I used to have the biggest crush on him. He's definitely changed his image. His old Insta account (with Peaches photos on it) is called Woodsock. It's all still there and public. This newer account though...I guess it's arty stuff that's beyond me, but it's so bizarre. Seems to be trying very hard to be esoteric. Same with his girlfriend's account.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
She was befriended by Courtney Love when she was very young, Courtney says she warned peaches she was getting too into opiates.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
She was befriended by Courtney Love when she was very young, Courtney says she warned peaches she was getting too into opiates.
There’s no way there wasn’t warning signs. Bob Geldof will have known these full well. Obviously that doesn’t mean what happened to her was preventable as users will find a way to use but I hope she was getting some sort of support and help

Reactions: 7
There’s no way there wasn’t warning signs. Bob Geldof will have known these full well. Obviously that doesn’t mean what happened to her was preventable as users will find a way to use but I hope she was getting some sort of support and help
I’m sure there was a story in the press regarding a young boy who wrote in his diary that ‘Peaches is coming round to show me how to inject heroin,’ I remember it as it seemed not only was she using herself, but apparently encouraging others.

Here it is: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...g-Im-going-inject-Freddy-McConnels-words.html

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I’m sure there was a story in the press regarding a young boy who wrote in his diary that ‘Peaches is coming round to show me how to inject heroin,’ I remember it as it seemed not only was she using herself, but apparently encouraging others.

Here it is: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...g-Im-going-inject-Freddy-McConnels-words.html
Yes I Remember this! And didn’t she spend time with Pete Doherty for a while in the 2000s? If that doesn’t say heroin addict I don’t know what does

I’ve never heard of anyone who thinks this, even the midwives are very clear about the need to use protection after birth so as not to pregnant again too quickly. I call bullshit on that one, she just didn’t want any criticism of her parenting.
She was quite an accomplished liar, I remember how outraged she was when ‘that cool guy Ben’ posted about them taking heroin together one night. Threatened all sorts and tried to get her rabid fans to ruin his life. Turned out it was all true.
I think that's a thing with a lot of celebs. Their real life and the life they portray to their fans is so vastly different they have to make lies up all the time. Sometimes for no reason. She was trying to do the Earth Mother thing and unfortunately that does include breastfeeding. For breastfeeding to be used as contraception you need to do it day and night at 2 hour intervals, which probably leads to celibacy anyway and isnt advised as contraception. I suspect she was just reckless with contraception like many are and said that about breastfeeding to mention she was doing it for the image. In her case, I think it was just massive insecurity and being desperate to be a 'good mum' and not be seen as a ' bad mum'. I suppose shed lived with the 'St Bob' homewrecker Paula narrative and didnt want to be seen in the same light.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Peaches death really upset me at the time, I don’t know if it was because one of my children was a similar age to her eldest and I was a similar age to her, but I just found it so tragic. Especially hearing that her baby had been alone with her at the time.

I’m surprised her social media was all deleted, her instagram was up for quite a while after she passed - does anyone know when they got deleted? Though maybe it’s to protect the children. Like others, I’m glad they have been kept out of the limelight. I don’t think there was anything suspicious about what happened, just a tragedy for all involved.

I just assumed the neighbour / dog warden went round as I thought maybe Thomas Cohen had asked a neighbour to check on the house to see if Peaches was ok after he hadn’t heard from her.

Peaches death really upset me at the time, I don’t know if it was because one of my children was a similar age to her eldest and I was a similar age to her, but I just found it so tragic. Especially hearing that her baby had been alone with her at the time.

I’m surprised her social media was all deleted, her instagram was up for quite a while after she passed - does anyone know when they got deleted? Though maybe it’s to protect the children. Like others, I’m glad they have been kept out of the limelight. I don’t think there was anything suspicious about what happened, just a tragedy for all involved.

I just assumed the neighbour / dog warden went round as I thought maybe Thomas Cohen had asked a neighbour to check on the house to see if Peaches was ok after he hadn’t heard from her.
When people die it is normal to cancel things that can come up and bite ya when you least expect it. I remember when my husband died and I got home and the bloody phone went and it was his voice on the answerphone. I went 100% mental. You have to shut down everything from a legal and emotional standpoint. What is the point of keeping social media open? Her family deserved peace not intrusion. I think you are right that it was to keep the kids safe and she simply overdosed. She was an addict - eventually it gets them like it did her mum. Drugs cause highs and terrible lows.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
I thought it could have been suicide tbh.
The timing of the picture of her and paula. Perhaps she wanted to be with her in a (drug/comedown fuelled ) low moment....

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.