Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course showbiz is full of nepo babies, Paula was one (via her father and her bio father, either way) I feel like Peaches might be the first nepo baby I’d seen from being born, through to gaining fame? I’m struggling to think of anyone of her generation who got there first.
Now, we’re overrun with Brooklyn and Lily Collins etc also Peaches started as a columnist, “dj” tv presenter/personality rather than being an actress/singer/model/influencer. She really was just famous for being famous really.

Reactions: 8
I wasn’t really aware of Peaches as a teen, there was something a little fascinating about these famous offspring with quirky names and catching a glimpse here or there was just interesting. I never really was aware of much tabloid stuff and PY and MH were not on my radar really till he died. It was all like a Netflix series and kind of something you were intrigued by. When Peaches was suddenly a little grown up with babies and a little baby husband showing every inch of their lives on Instagram I followed. I wanted to believe this earth mother and how she took down Katie Hopkins. But with hindsight that was appalling and if so many knew she was an addict she should not have been promoting co-sleeping as it’s not safe if you use drugs. I really believe she wanted to be who she was trying to be. She just couldn’t quite do it. I became aware there was something odd when she blocked me after she said she couldn’t breastfeed due to a thyroid medication. It was odd and so many medications you are able to breastfeed safely. And if this was genuine why be blocking people. (I have a thyroid condition and breastfed for years!)
I was shocked at her passing as was unaware of her history. And whatever was going on she adored those babies.

I think nepo babies have been around forever in the showbiz world, tbf. Once you see it, you can’t unsee it. Like Jamie Lee Curtis is a nepo kid, Michael Douglas, Gwyneth Paltrow…I guess the difference is at least they had talent. I think we’re definitely seeing a generation of them that are just famous for being the offspring of a famous parent though. Ones that have no actual talent for anything at all, like Brooklyn Beckham. I may be wrong though.
Brooklyn bleeping Beckham, I swear to God I think he's a parody act sometimes 😱😱😱

• Haha
Reactions: 39
To this day, I’ve always though peaches looked truly radiant on her wedding day.

the OK article was a bit naff “I wanted to look like I’d picked flowers from the garden”, “from the first date with peaches I knew I wanted to spend all my time with her”.

I always think it’s so sad that that was probably one of the high points of her short life and it makes the pictures especially poignant. She wasn’t a particularly beautiful woman but she truly was beautiful that day.

her dress was gorgeous (Alberta Feretti I believe?) her makeup was stunning and I loved her little hair crown. I think that makeup/hair crown is inspo a little but for my own wedding..(if anyone knows where she got it..!)
I didn't remember her wedding at all but you were right, she looked beautiful, truly happy.... so sad 💔
Screenshot_20230323_221032_Chrome.jpg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I wasn’t really aware of Peaches as a teen
She was really bloody annoying and also really rude and entitled. She only seemed to be more bearable when she had children. It’s sad she couldn’t fight her demons, I hope the boys are ok.
Also, I wonder how Bob, his wife, Fifi and Pixie feel about Tiger living in Australia. I remember reading that they weren’t close anymore which must be sad since she was raised with them. But the distance still must be difficult, it’s not like they can hop on a plane. Was Tiger at Pixie’s wedding?

I vaguely remember Peaches programme about Islam 😬
It was so bad. She wafted around Marrakech saying things like 'this is all so wierd for a girl from London. Like, they have no fashion'.

ETA For a while she seemed to model herself on Paris Hilton, in that disdainful 'I'm so rich and have such a clique and love trivial things' way.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Pixie pops up on my For You page on TikTok. She has a smashing complexion and seems to live a very calm and vegan life.

Reactions: 6
I vaguely remember Peaches programme about Islam 😬
It was so bad. She wafted around Marrakech saying things like 'this is all so wierd for a girl from London. Like, they have no fashion'.

ETA For a while she seemed to model herself on Paris Hilton, in that disdainful 'I'm so rich and have such a clique and love trivial things' way.
That documentary on Islam was terrible - quite offensively so, as I recall. Just really shallow, as you’d expect.
Peaches was terribly indulged when young - that Ellegirl column, a few documentaries like the Islam one, then there was even some project to set up her own magazine, though I don’t think that went far. She did modelling for a high-street lingerie brand (I think she was dropped when the drug stuff came out). She even had a terrible chat show for a while - it was panned and disappeared. I doubt anyone was given so many chances for so little talent and yet she didn’t seem to appreciate any of it.

Reactions: 21
I don’t think she had any idea what she was doing. I think she was troubled - how else do you end up getting into Scientology? And yet, it didn’t seem to get its claws into her.

Reactions: 6
That Islam programme is on YT.
Haven't watched it again yet but have insomnia so will now 😂
Anyway here is the link 😬

Reactions: 3
I’ve looked around and most things say Paula was 18 when she met Bob. Paula herself says she was obsessed with him and followed him around until he finally gave in and got with her. I have to say though, Paula did do well in her own career and probably better than Bob himself ever did. He made money from investments but not through talent or charisma like Paula did actually working. I wonder if he resented her, he seemed to want her to be more like a stay home mum which must have been very boring for an outgoing Paula. Paula chasing around a commitment phobic Bob who was reluctant to marry her is quite a sad concept. In the 80’s and 90’s she was so beautiful and had the world at her feet. I am not sure I buy into Bob taking advantage of Paula - she moved to London on her own when she was 16.

Is 18 and 26 really that gross, both are young adults?

Reactions: 11
Of course showbiz is full of nepo babies, Paula was one (via her father and her bio father, either way) I feel like Peaches might be the first nepo baby I’d seen from being born, through to gaining fame? I’m struggling to think of anyone of her generation who got there first.
Now, we’re overrun with Brooklyn and Lily Collins etc also Peaches started as a columnist, “dj” tv presenter/personality rather than being an actress/singer/model/influencer. She really was just famous for being famous really.
Jamie Lee Curtis was a Nepo baby, Carrie Fisher. Although they had talent in their own right.

Reactions: 5
I’ve looked around and most things say Paula was 18 when she met Bob. Paula herself says she was obsessed with him and followed him around until he finally gave in and got with her. I have to say though, Paula did do well in her own career and probably better than Bob himself ever did. He made money from investments but not through talent or charisma like Paula did actually working. I wonder if he resented her, he seemed to want her to be more like a stay home mum which must have been very boring for an outgoing Paula. Paula chasing around a commitment phobic Bob who was reluctant to marry her is quite a sad concept. In the 80’s and 90’s she was so beautiful and had the world at her feet. I am not sure I buy into Bob taking advantage of Paula - she moved to London on her own when she was 16.

She met him when she was working as journalist a year or two before that. She travelled out to see him in another country when she was 17. I read that in various places including her wiki.
---
When I was 26, I wouldn’t have dated a teenager. Imo, yes it’s gross. Age gaps matter less when you get older, but she was just out of school when they started dating, and pretty vulnerable, considering she moved out on her own away from family support system at 16 and obviously troubled from a young age.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
They got married in 1986 , so she was 26 or 27 . Not 18.
You’re right! I got confused with Jane (Jonathon Ross’s wife) as I’ve been reading about both at the same time. A lot of parallels. I’ve edited. Still gross no matter when they got married though.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.