Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I amended the new thread title to include the whole family.

Anyway - carry on!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I amended the new thread title to include the whole family.

Anyway - carry on!
Thank you Jelly Bean! Great topic, fascinating family.

Anyone remember Belinda Brewin, Paula’s Mouthpiece/Bestie/Gangster’s Moll. Was the one holding her at Michael’s funeral. Her daughter was on First Dates talking a bit about the mother and the crazy time period with Paula/Michael death etc.

Unfortunately I can’t remember the daughter’s name or find the clip on YouTube lol. This was a few years back.

edit: Paula’s autobiography was a great read btw. Her life really was like a film script.

Reactions: 18
Carrying on from the previoys thread, I think Paula, and later Peaches ' earth mother ' shtick was just that. Maybe it was guilt that they were addicts ( to men and/or drugs) so knew they actually couldn't look after their children properly, so felt they had to lie about it because they desperately wanted to be something they couldnt be. Attachment parenting when you are an addict is more dangerous than just being a detached parent and not having your child on you all the time when you can roll on them while off your face, and feeding them methadone through your breastmilk. I remember Paula's earth mother hanky in the hair phase too. It didn't last long, but she managed to talk a load of old rubbish too, the same as Peaches did during her brief earth mother phase. It was all an act.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
I would bet money pixie is biologically, Michael’s daughter.

as for Paula lording that over Bob, there are several reasons why she might not/could not have done that.

legally, a man has no legal claim or responsibility to a child unless he is married to the mother (yep, really) or has been specifically named on the birth certificate. In legal terms, it’s called “parental responsibility”. It can be applied for at a later date of course, but that gets complicated and I’m not sure how accessible dna tests were in the 90s.

1. So Legally, Bob is Pixies father. And it goes without saying he has raised her.
2. Assuming Paula had an affair with someone else, they aren’t named on the birth certificate so wouldn’t have been under any legal responsibility to provide for Pixie.
3. it’s possible Paula wasn’t sure herself.

Hurchence’s manager spoke about how Paula stalked him and that she’d hooked up with him long before the Big Breakfast interview. They first met in 1985 apparently.

if we look back on the time that Pixie was conceived, it would’ve been December 1989. At that time, Band Aid II was being recorded in London and Kylie Minogue participated.

Kylie had just finished her first global concert tour, which took place in October of that same year. Infamously, she met Michael Hutchence during this tour and dumped Jason Donovan pretty much straight away.

so it’s very plausible that MH could have accompanied Kylie to London (they were already making public appearances together by then, and attended a premier for The Delinquents in December 1989) in their early days of being a couple, had a hook up with Paula but ultimately chose to stay with Kylie. He certainly had form for letting relationships overlap!

Helena was supposedly the love of his life, but because of his brain injury he had started to become depressed and was prescribed Prozac for the first time in 1995 - I’ve always thought that his relationship with Helena started breaking down as a result of his injury and mental state, and he gave in to long-standing side chick Paula whilst vulnerable and probably pretty heartbroken.

for me, it’s almost certain that Hutchence fathered Pixie. The resemblance is uncanny and she’s almost identical facially (albeit her colouring is slightly different) to Tigerlily - and neither of them resemble Paula. I’m surprised not more is made of it but then I guess it’s very personal. I always assumed that’s why Paula spoke more warmly about Pixie, than she ever did about Fifi or Peaches.

it’s another sad, ironic twist in this family’s story if you ask me.

Peaches died of an overdose, like her mother.

Pixie is likely to be aware of rumours that her biological father isn’t the man who raised her - something that also devastated Paula.

What have I missed about Melody Nelson? I tried searching the last thread..
it’s the name peaches used on FB

Reactions: 30

as for Paula lording that over Bob, there are several reasons why she might not/could not have done that.

legally, a man has no legal claim or responsibility to a child unless he is married to the mother (yep, really) or has been specifically named on the birth certificate. In legal terms, it’s called “parental responsibility”. It can be applied for at a later date of course, but that gets complicated and I’m not sure how accessible dna tests were in the 90s.

1. So Legally, Bob is Pixies father. And it goes without saying he has raised her.
2. Assuming Paula had an affair with someone else, they aren’t named on the birth certificate so wouldn’t have been under any legal responsibility to provide for Pixie.

Hurchence’s manager spoke about how Paula stalked him and that she’d hooked up with him long before the Big Breakfast interview. They first met in 1985 apparently.

if we look back on the time that Pixie was conceived, it would’ve been December 1989. At that time, Band Aid II was being recorded in London and Kylie Minogue participated.

Kylie had just finished her first global concert tour, which took place in October of that same year. Infamously, she met Michael Hutchence during this tour and dumped Jason Donovan pretty much straight away.

so it’s very plausible that MH could have accompanied Kylie to London (they were already making public appearances together by then, and attended a premier for The Delinquents in December 1989) in their early days of being a couple, had a hook up with Paula but ultimately chose to stay with Kylie. He certainly had form for letting relationships overlap!

Helena was supposedly the love of his life, but because of his brain injury he had started to become depressed and was prescribed Prozac for the first time in 1995 - I’ve always thought that his relationship with Helena started breaking down as a result of his injury and mental state, and he gave in to long-standing side chick Paula whilst vulnerable and probably pretty heartbroken.

for me, it’s almost certain that Hutchence fathered Pixie. The resemblance is uncanny and she’s almost identical facially (albeit her colouring is slightly different) to Tigerlily - and neither of them resemble Paula. I’m surprised not more is made of it but then I guess it’s very personal. I always assumed that’s why Paula spoke more warmly about Pixie, than she ever did about Fifi or Peaches.

Pixie is likely to be aware of rumours that her biological father isn’t the man who raised her - something that also devastated Paula.

Wow great post. Totally agree she could be Michael’s daughter! Tiger is a carbon copy of younger Pixie in the attached link. Pixie looks nothing like Peaches or Fifi.

I never quite believed she was Terrence Trent Darby‘S, even tho for sure TTD and Paula had a passionate affair. I think Pixie would have been a wee bit darker complexioned maybe, if she was, what do other people think? I looked for similarities between Terrance’s daughter Seraphina (she uses last name Simone) and Pixie and couldn’t see any, but you can tell Seraphina is TTD’s daughter.

Terrance was so gorgeous and incredibly sexy back in the day and of course that voice.

Reactions: 16
I see the resemblance between pixie and tiger lily but idk I do think she looks like Bob also. I like pixie though She’s very private she said the same group of friends for years that’s very telling.

Reactions: 14
I see the resemblance between pixie and tiger lily but idk I do think she looks like Bob also. I like pixie though She’s very private she said the same group of friends for years that’s very telling.
peaches definitely seemed to be a Paul mini me.

fifi, being the eldest, seemed to have bourne the brunt of being exposed to a lot of Paulas erratic behaviour and distanced herself when she was still pretty young.

Peaches always seemed to idolise her mum and took after her in looks, temperament and how she played out her life in many ways (chasing after men, egocentric, drug addiction, manipulative)

pixie definitely seems like a very different character. Their approach to motherhood and their private life is vastly different - Peaches was happy to do photo shoots and court Public attention for her wedding, with her children and used to write a column detailing private things from her health to family holidays.

by contrast, pixie seems a lot more grounded. Other than being involved with a man in his 30s when she was a teen, her love life at face value seems a lot more stable than Peaches. And she’s much, much more private. She’s never publicly confirmed when her daughter was born or her name. She seems to keep a small, close circle and has been with her husband a long time now.

I always thought it was pretty telling that, despite being brought up by Bob in the U.K., tiger ultimately chose to move to Australia and live her life there. She doesn’t seem to have any of the propensity to drama that Bob-Paula-Peaches had going on.

Reactions: 19
I always thought it was pretty telling that, despite being brought up by Bob in the U.K., tiger ultimately chose to move to Australia and live her life there. She doesn’t seem to have any of the propensity to drama that Bob-Paula-Peaches had going on.
I don't think it's anything to do with her parents saga. Her boyfriend is Nick Allbrook, he's an Australian musician.
He had to return to Australia in 2017 due to band commitments.
There were then problems with obtaining a visa for his return to the UK so she decided to follow him out there and they've been there since.
They seem like pair that would fly under the radar whatever country they're in.

Reactions: 11
peaches definitely seemed to be a Paul mini me.

fifi, being the eldest, seemed to have bourne the brunt of being exposed to a lot of Paulas erratic behaviour and distanced herself when she was still pretty young.

Peaches always seemed to idolise her mum and took after her in looks, temperament and how she played out her life in many ways (chasing after men, egocentric, drug addiction, manipulative)

pixie definitely seems like a very different character. Their approach to motherhood and their private life is vastly different - Peaches was happy to do photo shoots and court Public attention for her wedding, with her children and used to write a column detailing private things from her health to family holidays.

by contrast, pixie seems a lot more grounded. Other than being involved with a man in his 30s when she was a teen, her love life at face value seems a lot more stable than Peaches. And she’s much, much more private. She’s never publicly confirmed when her daughter was born or her name. She seems to keep a small, close circle and has been with her husband a long time now.

Yeah exactly!! I do wonder if things would be different if peaches wasn’t gone but doubtful m. Her husbands the same v v private and I can’t fault them. It’s refreshing to see somebody famous so private. She shares what she wants the public to see. I know pixie isn’t an A list celeb but there’s public interest.

Reactions: 4
Can’t remember if Pixie was as private before Peaches‘ death? Or was it some kind of reaction? As a teenager she clearly wasn’t.

Reactions: 6
Can’t remember if Pixie was as private before Peaches‘ death? Or was it some kind of reaction? As a teenager she clearly wasn’t.
pixie was pretty high profile in the sense that she started modelling, partying in Camden, made a go of a music career and she got all of the tabloid attention that comes with that. I don’t remember her ever specifically courting it though? Whenever she seemed to make a comment on something it usually seemed to be to promote environmental issues she supported etc.

Peaches was … tabloid crazy from her teens. She wrote columns but she also just, acted like an idiot for attention. She got married in her teens and moved to the states and kicked up a stint with her awful column (that she only got because of nepotism) and just always came out with bonkers statements that looking back, looked like complete vys for attention.

she started a column with Elle magazine (I think it was her first one) that I remember reading. Her dad had negotiated the contract for her (naturally). I was a little bit younger than Peaches but I remember reading it and she came across so badly, she was wearing a white Tshirt with a “i heart New York” slogan and a white lace skirt beside the column. Even as a young teen I remember thinking her writing about how normal she was, flying commercial - while she wrote in a high profile magazine gig that Daddy got for her - was just so off.

she wrote/talked at length about every detail of her private life to an extent that pixie (and Fifi and Tiger) never did. In that sense she was very similar to Paula, who was also accused of courting the tabloids and living for attention.

maybe if her life hadn’t been cut short she’d have grown up a bit, but she definitely seemed to have a chaotic/self destructive streak inherited from Paula.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Peaches only ever knew how to live life visibly. From toddlerhood, she and her sisters were in the papers, having picnics with mum and dad or mum and mum's mates, or mum and mum's boyfriend. It is all she ever knew. God rest her soul, and that of her mother's.

Reactions: 23

I’ve always said Pixie is Michaels, in a documentary after his death Paula says Michael was upset he couldn’t have his daughters in Australia with him, you can see her realise she’s spilt the beans and she tries to backtrack. Pixie is the double of Hutchence.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
I followed Peaches and got blocked for asking her a question she clearly didn’t like. It was obvious things were weird.
I’ve always thought Pixie looked like Bob! Stunned to see these suspicions 😂
I follow Fifi and now she’s changed how she looked and is trying to emulate her mum she looks a lot more like Pixie.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I think Pixie has really 'grown into her face', if that makes sense, from the gawky teenager she was. Tiger is a lovely, natural-looking young woman, too.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Tiger and young Fifi were more similar, but Fifi has lost a lot of weight and had her eyebrows tattooed and bleached her hair and really tried to channel her mum. She still looks like her dad, seems absolutely lovely.
Peaches was so troubled but so lovely. It’s nice for the boys their lives are now private. Although the cost of that privacy obviously a tragedy.

Oh wow I’ve just looked at some pics and she does look like Micheal Hutchence 😂😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.