Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely. And she didn’t even have the talent or ambition to back it up. She squandered so many opportunities that a lot of people would have given their right arm for. I think that’s what’s pissed me off most about her. She had her own show and I think edited a magazine or was a reporter at one point, and her whole attitude was totally half arsed. She didn’t have to give anything a proper go because the next one would come along at some point and she wasn’t relying on it to pay the bills. I found her quite infuriating tbh.
Off topic but someone who reminds me of her is Noel Gallagher's daughter! She was in a programme when she was quite young that my daughter used to watch and then became a model when I don't even think she's attractive but it's clearly because of her famous parents. I know the parents of these kids are in the public eye but you would think after experiencing what they do and the paps etc that they wouldn't want it for their own kids and keep them out of the limelight and protect them more?

Reactions: 13
Off topic but someone who reminds me of her is Noel Gallagher's daughter! She was in a programme when she was quite young that my daughter used to watch and then became a model when I don't even think she's attractive but it's clearly because of her famous parents. I know the parents of these kids are in the public eye but you would think after experiencing what they do and the paps etc that they wouldn't want it for their own kids and keep them out of the limelight and protect them more?
It’s OT but I think a a lot of celeb kids aren’t parented appropriately and are left to their own devices a lot of the time. I think the ones that usually go into modelling don’t have a shred of talent elsewhere, though. It’s basically the only showbiz industry they can trade off their name without having to work at it (although that Kardashian is currently getting dragged on Tiktok for not even excelling at just being photographed) and they don’t even have to hit the requirements for unknown models (i.e unusually photogenic and being very tall).

We could do with a thread just about nepo babies 🤣 I don’t want to take this anymore OT.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Those poor, poor men eh? I mean she was half their age but of course she was a ‘flighty peroxide’ shrew who Bob and Michael just couldn’t get away from.
Spare me.
I honestly wouldn't want to inflict somebody like Paula on anybody. So yep, those "poor poor" men did suffer by association. One lost his daughter in identical circumstances to her mothers death and the other is dead too. MHs legacy completely tainted by association with her. Nobody thinks of poor Michael Hutchence do they? They think, kinky marriage wrecker who wanted to take another mans children to the other side of the world. Paula bad mouthed BG to all and sundry, throw enough dirt and it will stick seemed to be her MO. She would drop snippets of info to the press re herself and MHs sexual exploits and as another poster said was "marking her territory".

Her entire life was so self centred, her children were purely accessories and TL should have been taken into care when drugs were found in the smarties tube. The only thing I feel sorry for is how she was outed as Hughie Greens daughter.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She looks like Noel in a skirt

• Haha
Reactions: 13
PY was certainly not half MH age and she certainly wasn’t taken advantage of by him

Reactions: 7
Absolutely. And she didn’t even have the talent or ambition to back it up. She squandered so many opportunities that a lot of people would have given their right arm for. I think that’s what’s pissed me off most about her. She had her own show and I think edited a magazine or was a reporter at one point, and her whole attitude was totally half arsed. She didn’t have to give anything a proper go because the next one would come along at some point and she wasn’t relying on it to pay the bills. I found her quite infuriating tbh.
I read an article about how basically Ellegirl really badly wanted Peaches to write the column and had to beg Bob to let her do it. He insisted she was to be treated like “a normal teen” but negotiated wages for her that were double of someone unknown.

there are women/teens across the country who aspired to be writers who would’ve killed for that opportunity and money and apparently Peaches would just turn up late or have to be chased for her copy. It’s insane how out of touch and spoiled she was.

---
Those poor, poor men eh? I mean she was half their age but of course she was a ‘flighty peroxide’ shrew who Bob and Michael just couldn’t get away from.
Spare me.
I mean there’s a plethora of evidence to show that while Paula had many good qualities, she could also be incredibly forceful and manipulative throughout her life, especially where romantic relationships were involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My cousin used to work at The Tube with PY and said she was horrible and nobody else who worked there liked her either! Re Peaches, I don’t think she had any of her Mother’s charisma. She also talked in quite a monotone voice and would no way be famous, if she didn’t have a famous Mother!
I remembered waiting for my Irish passport in central London and lady muck peaches came in expecting VIP treatment!! bleep!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Spare me.
She was a year older than Michael Hutchence and Bob Geldof was 8 years older than her.
---
Bob was about 7 or 8 years older than Paula, and Michael was a year or so younger - she really wasn't half their age
Sorry I posted before I seen your reply!!

Reactions: 2
there are women/teens across the country who aspired to be writers who would’ve killed for that opportunity and money and apparently Peaches would just turn up late or have to be chased for her copy. It’s insane how out of touch and spoiled she was
I can sort of forgive that one, as the article says she was only 14, although the absolute entitlement shines through every word on the page, despite how ‘endearing’ the writer proclaims it to be. However, it does make you wonder how she kept getting these sorts of jobs after that, plus several other opportunities, well into adulthood. Surely her reputation for being a work shy brat proceeded her? Seems a well know name goes a long way.

It also make me laugh when people describe a famous person as incredibly witty and good with the one liners, yet can never come up with any actual examples. What’s so hilarious about a withering look and ‘hi, I’m Peaches’? Take the blinkers off, ffs. What a lot of celebs could do with is people around them who aren’t afraid to tell them they’re being arseholes instead of laughing at their tit jokes and always blowing smoke up their arse.

Reactions: 15
I feel like Peaches was one of the first nepo-kids to get quite famous? I think Daisy Lowe was around but Pearl isn’t exactly a household name.
I forgot about her “DJ” career

• Haha
Peaches had no talent that made her worthy of being a celebrity, as far as I could see. She wasn't even particularly witty or humorous.

Reactions: 18
I feel like Peaches was one of the first nepo-kids to get quite famous? I think Daisy Lowe was around but Pearl isn’t exactly a household name.
I forgot about her “DJ” career
I think nepo babies have been around forever in the showbiz world, tbf. Once you see it, you can’t unsee it. Like Jamie Lee Curtis is a nepo kid, Michael Douglas, Gwyneth Paltrow…I guess the difference is at least they had talent. I think we’re definitely seeing a generation of them that are just famous for being the offspring of a famous parent though. Ones that have no actual talent for anything at all, like Brooklyn Beckham. I may be wrong though.

Reactions: 29
I can sort of forgive that one, as the article says she was only 14, although the absolute entitlement shines through every word on the page, despite how ‘endearing’ the writer proclaims it to be. However, it does make you wonder how she kept getting these sorts of jobs after that, plus several other opportunities, well into adulthood. Surely her reputation for being a work shy brat proceeded her? Seems a well know name goes a long way.
Yeh I think it’s interesting how much the editor pursued her. No wonder kids like that end up entitled and bratty. No wonder the magazine failed.

they didn’t care how unprofessional and untalented she was; they wanted access to her because they could leverage her life to appeal to young girls. Not that dissimilar to how marketing execs use influencers now really.

Reactions: 11
lugubrious That’s a big word!! Wha da mean 😊
"Sounding or looking dismal or sad"🙂Although Peaches was the daughter that most resembled Paula physically and I suspect in character, she had Bob 's lugubrious expression whereas Paula was more elfin.

To this day, I’ve always though peaches looked truly radiant on her wedding day.

the OK article was a bit naff “I wanted to look like I’d picked flowers from the garden”, “from the first date with peaches I knew I wanted to spend all my time with her”.

I always think it’s so sad that that was probably one of the high points of her short life and it makes the pictures especially poignant. She wasn’t a particularly beautiful woman but she truly was beautiful that day.

her dress was gorgeous (Alberta Feretti I believe?) her makeup was stunning and I loved her little hair crown. I think that makeup/hair crown is inspo a little but for my own wedding..(if anyone knows where she got it..!)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The way Kylie talks about MH is sweet, she was a young woman that fell in love with a slightly older man who introduced her to all kinds of experiences, not just sexual ones. I'm the same age as her and wished I could have had that kind of love affair when I was in my early twenties.

At the time of his death I read that PY tried to ban his exes from attending the funeral, not sure how true that is. I thought it was wrong that she claimed his ashes. They weren't married so she legally wasn't his next of kin.

A few years ago there was a great documentary about MH called Mystify, not sure if it's still on iPlayer. Kylie and Helena contributed.

I wonder why Gerry Agar wasn't in the Paula documentary? She came across as a bit of a doormat in the book.
---
"Sounding or looking dismal or sad"🙂Although Peaches was the daughter that most resembled Paula physically and I suspect in character, she had Bob 's lugubrious expression whereas Paula was more elfin.
Fifi had her hair cut short a couple of years ago and she looked more like her mother. She has the same lines at the sides of her mouth.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.