Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Paula was tiny so Tiger obviously takes after her mum. I also see Paula's features in Tiger, despite everyone saying she is her dads double. In fact I have never been able to see any resemblance with her other girls.

Bob G is very tall so his girls have his height.

I could never much of a resemblance between Paula and Peaches. I always thought she was the child that bore the strongest resemblance to Bob,
especially in her teenage years. In later years she definitely had some work done and lost a lot of weight. I remember speculation of an ED but that was before her death and the revelation that she had been battling a heroin addiction.

Reactions: 14
I met my children’s father when I was 19 and he was 26 and I didn’t feel like he was a grooming predator!
Sadly it’s is completely wrong and 7 year gap at that age is huge, that’s a lot of life experience for the 26 year old. Massive red flag to be chasing a 19 year old. Quite revolting.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I could never much of a resemblance between Paula and Peaches. I always thought she was the child that bore the strongest resemblance to Bob,
especially in her teenage years. In later years she definitely had some work done and lost a lot of weight. I remember speculation of an ED but that was before her death and the revelation that she had been battling a heroin addiction.
I don’t think any of Paula‘s daughters look like her, she had a very long face. I can see Bob in Pixie. The three surviving sisters are very low key, Peaches was the one most like Paula in that she loved celebrity life and glamour. Poor parenting from Bob letting her embrace it all at such a young age.
A psychiatrist would have a field day with that lot.

Reactions: 8
I don’t think any of Paula‘s daughters look like her, she had a very long face. I can see Bob in Pixie. The three surviving sisters are very low key, Peaches was the one most like Paula in that she loved celebrity life and glamour. Poor parenting from Bob letting her embrace it all at such a young age.
A psychiatrist would have a field day with that lot.
Peaches had a very long face as well though. Peaches and Fifi look like each other and both their parents imo. The other two not even necessarily look like their half sisters. Neither of them resembles Paula, although maybe they just don’t facewise but bodywise.

Reactions: 6
Peaches had a very long face as well though. Peaches and Fifi look like each other and both their parents imo. The other two not even necessarily look like their half sisters. Neither of them resembles Paula, although maybe they just don’t facewise but bodywise.
True dat.

Reactions: 3
I thought Peaches was very pretty! Think that also helped keep her in the limelight!

I don't think BG was a predator, even PY herself says she pursued him. Generally speaking, I do think grown men pursuing relationships with teenagers is a red flag but it doesn't seem that was the case here
He could have said no. On account of her being a child at 16/17. But yes the poor man had no choice in the matter and lacked control 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
He could have said no. On account of her being a child at 16/17. But yes the poor man had no choice in the matter and lacked control 🙄
With Makeup and stuff you might not even know, or question her being the same age as you?

There are reports of David Bowie and teenage girls. Was a few years earlier, but I wondered if this was more acceptable in the past? Or was Bowie a groomer for real. Might find a Bowie thread.

• Sick
Hard disagree. If you’re in your 20’s why would you be interested in a 16 year old who is still legally a child. It’s really gross.
It’s telling that it wasn’t considered ‘normal’ for older women to date teenage boys. Teenage girls have long been sexualised and fetishised as being virginal and pure, but also the ‘slutty schoolgirl’ thing too. If you switch the genders, that has never been considered ‘normal’ as the high majority of grown women don’t want to duck children. The same can’t be said for men, unfortunately.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Peaches had the same shaped face as Paula but had something of Bob's expression rather than his features

Reactions: 4
With Makeup and stuff you might not even know, or question her being the same age as you?

There are reports of David Bowie and teenage girls. Was a few years earlier, but I wondered if this was more acceptable in the past? Or was Bowie a groomer for real. Might find a Bowie thread.
i once had to interview a lady who was a "groupie" in the 1970s music scene in NYC and she remembers having flings/ONS with 20-something rockers when she was 14/15. she was in her late 50s when talking about it and still just said she felt it was "a different time" and that neither she nor the men were that bothered about her age, it was common and most girls in that scenario were underage. she was a "latchkey kid" who had almost no parental supervision and her own mother was quite young herself, if i recall correctly. you read books by the old super groupies like lori maddox and sable starr and they themselves still glorify this abuse, but they are of that generation. even the movie 'almost famous' from the 2000s, isnt penny lane (kate hudsons character) meant to be 15 or 16? and it's not seen as icky at all that she is a groupie.
i think attitudes have shifted so much further than we realise in the last 30-40 years towards protecting girls and calling out predators - or maybe even more recently than that, i myself had a 20 year old boyfriend when i was a young and vulnerable 15 and that was in the early 2000s and it's only now in my 30s that i have processed what was a very unequal and sexually exploitative relationship and feel able to call it out.
ETA i just remembered i also knew a rock band from my local area in that period (2000s) who wrote a song called 'underage girl song' about their love of young girls! they were all in their 20s as well...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
i once had to interview a lady who was a "groupie" in the 1970s music scene in NYC and she remembers having flings/ONS with 20-something rockers when she was 14/15. she was in her late 50s when talking about it and still just said she felt it was "a different time" and that neither she nor the men were that bothered about her age, it was common and most girls in that scenario were underage. she was a "latchkey kid" who had almost no parental supervision and her own mother was quite young herself, if i recall correctly. you read books by the old super groupies like lori maddox and sable starr and they themselves still glorify this abuse, but they are of that generation.
i think attitudes have shifted so much further than we realise in the last 30-40 years towards protecting girls and calling out predators - or maybe even more recently than that, i myself had a 20 year old boyfriend when i was a young and vulnerable 15 and that was in the early 2000s and it's only now in my 30s that i have processed what was a very unequal and sexually exploitative relationship and feel able to call it out.
I think a lot of groupies and other women who were in age gap relationships as teens from that time, don't want to see themselves as victims as it would open a can of worms, emotions, leading to depression, therapy etc. it would also alter their feelings considerably for these stars who they were taken advantage of by, when until now it’s been a great anecdote to have been in a relationship with someone famous and probably has formed a huge part of their personality.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Pixie is the double of Bob’s sister!
I can see her in Ffi Ffi too
---
i once had to interview a lady who was a "groupie" in the 1970s music scene in NYC and she remembers having flings/ONS with 20-something rockers when she was 14/15. she was in her late 50s when talking about it and still just said she felt it was "a different time" and that neither she nor the men were that bothered about her age, it was common and most girls in that scenario were underage. she was a "latchkey kid" who had almost no parental supervision and her own mother was quite young herself, if i recall correctly. you read books by the old super groupies like lori maddox and sable starr and they themselves still glorify this abuse, but they are of that generation. even the movie 'almost famous' from the 2000s, isnt penny lane (kate hudsons character) meant to be 15 or 16? and it's not seen as icky at all that she is a groupie.
ETA i just remembered i also knew a rock band from my local area in that period (2000s) who wrote a song called 'underage girl song' about their love of young girls! they were all in their 20s as well...
We live in a completely different world, sounds like you have an exciting job.

Reactions: 5
18 and 26 doesn't seem awful, I know I don't speak for everyone but at 18, I was working, at college, had some experience in terms of boyfriends/seeing people, still living with parents mind you but a fully functioning adult. I don't know 26, mid twenties, still seems like a young adult, I'd certainly not look at a 26 year old with an 18 year old a predatory, at that age a lot of guys are still quite immature.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
18 and 26 doesn't seem awful, I know I don't speak for everyone but at 18, I was working, at college, had some experience in terms of boyfriends/seeing people, still living with parents mind you but a fully functioning adult. I don't know 26, mid twenties, still seems like a young adult, I'd certainly not look at a 26 year old with an 18 year old a predatory, at that age a lot of guys are still quite immature.
They were dating when she was 16/17. Not sure why so many commenters in here refuse to acknowledge that and keep rounding it up to 18.

Reactions: 4
yikes. We’ll just have to agree to disagree.

my view is it’s weird for grow men to date teens, especially nowadays. Culturally, there have been differences in the past. I don’t think it was Bob grooming Paula but there was a definite power imbalance there. I don’t think people’s personal experiences of shacking up with older men as a teen, has much to do with this thread tbh and just derails.

In reality, you aren’t going to convince most people who think it’s weird, that it’s fine just because it was fine in your case and according to you.

at worst it comes across as insecurity and defending life choices.
It was fine in my case as well, I was 16 with a 23 year old boyfriend, and we were together for 5 years. I wasn't groomed by him, or made to do anything I didn't want to do.

You're also not going to convince people that it's weird, just because you think it is; in some cases it may be, and in some cases it isn't, so please don't try and generalise.

I was born in the same era as Paula, and it wasn't abnormal, it was pretty common, so don't judge

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
It was fine in my case as well, I was 16 with a 23 year old boyfriend, and we were together for 5 years. I wasn't groomed by him, or made to do anything I didn't want to do.

You're also not going to convince people that it's weird, just because you think it is; in some cases it may be, and in some cases it isn't, so please don't try and generalise.

I was born in the same era as Paula, and it wasn't abnormal, it was pretty common, so don't judge
I was born in that era as well and it wasn't unusual for a 16/17 year old girl to date a guy in his early or even late twenties, I think they tended to treat us better than the boys of our own age to be honest.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.